Recommendations No Side Character Romance

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by oer, May 16, 2019.

1. oer

oer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi all, I’m looking for a novel on any site (NU, RRL, etc.) that is about 2 characters only, a man and a woman, preferably a romance. The setting can be whatever, survival, future, but I’d like there to be no permanent side characters that are in every chapter/always traveling with main characters, from time to time is ok.

Some titles like this include the beginning of The Tale of G.O.D on RRL, the beginning of The Sorcerer King of Destruction and the Golem of the Barbarian Queen that part in Ze Tian Ji where the MC and female lead have to survive alone together in that pocket universe or whatever.

If there’s a novel on my reading list that I can’t link because of the restrictions you think fits my description very well but I dropped it please let me know anyways, as I may have not read far enough in or someone else using this thread may enjoy it.

Edit: I'd like the story to be from the POV of the male lead.

Thanks for the consideration everyone.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  2. grish99

grish99 [Pelican Hater] [Hater of Face-Slapping]

Reading List:
    Link
    martial art master
    the best romance novel
    -by fanboys and fangirls
    never read this but a lot of ppl like this

3. Helldogify

Helldogify Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. oer

oer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, thanks for the speedy replies. I tried out Martial Arts Master and found it to have a relatively ordinary setting - I'd more like something with less (no) side characters, unlike MAM (from what I read). Please let me know if I'm mistaken and there's an arc/multiple arcs where MC and female lead are alone together/have no people/side characters around them.

5. Helldogify

Reading List:
    Link
    Sansheng death does not exist at the river of oblivion maybe, Our Second Master

May have miss spelt them but I think those are the right titles but you can't really get rid of suffer characters it's just part of the genre

6. oer

oer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the recommendations, I'll check them out. I think Our Second Master may not fit what I'm looking, but I'll take a look at Sansheng, Wangchuan Wu Shang.

I do understand side characters come with the genre, but I'm kind of looking for something unusual/out of the ordinary to spice things up, as I've pretty much seen all the generic stuff - my 600+ reading list shows this.

7. Helldogify

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel you man I'm only really looking for more power couple stuff and it's still hard to find so good luck

oer likes this.
  8. valantias

valantias Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ve heard lots of positive stuff about the romance in Martial Arts Master, but I’ve avoided it as translation seems to have been dropped and I usually avoid stories with no prospects of getting finished. Yet MAM is always praised, so I’m curious, is it worth reading what’s translated, even knowing that you’ll probably never be able to finish the story?

-edit never mind, just saw you wrote that you never read it, my bad! I’ll ask the question to anyone else reading this that has read the book instead.