Spoiler Why Are You Doing This, Duke?

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lazynoodles, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Kittsune

Kittsune Just your everyday Lurking Fox

Reading List:
    Link
    I see. All I know is that 1. The blonde chick was supposed to be engaged with the Duke and is his Childhood friend.2. The blond boy i think is the brother of the chick.3. The magic which caused the duke to fall in love with her is something the MC tries to undo on the duke later on because she knows that he doesn't really like her and tries to kill her cause the spell is breaking. Either that or she is trying to redo it. 4.Despite the bi polarness of the duke that shows due to the spelling becoming undone randomly and i think it is also affected by the full moon. The duke is having some thoughts against killing the MC because he remembers all his interaction with MC while spellbounded. 5. I think the blonde childhood friend has onesided feelings towards the duke and he is indifferent to her in terms of supposedly being in a relationship with her that the blonde chick tries to show off to the MC cause not many people know that she is the Duke's wife due to not attending parties cause she doesn't know the etiquette of nobles due to being a bastard child.

Note: this is all from my interpretation of the manwha raws.

2. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 4 just dropped lol and it seems the MC actually does like the duke. Enough to happily sleep with him and all. :LOL: I can't believe every chapter ends in a cliffhanger!

3. Fantasy-Magician

Fantasy-Magician Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, in spite of it being love magic and MC is sensible enough to come to a conclusion that 'Love is nice but I want to live' she is as thirsty as hell for love after her mother passed away and the Duke is the first person who give her that and MORE. There's no way she doesn't have any feeling for the Duke. Even if her mind know it's fake, being loved and pampered like that is a first for her.
    Also, from third chapter... it's revealed that she TRIED to resist for weeks until the Duke escalate it with refusing to obey the emperor and starving himself for five days. I am sure she was touched by his effort at least a bit, but it also devolve to 'Marry me or I will kill myself' situation.
    Even if the Duke come to his sense later he should know it's not like she has much of a choice.

4. cecilia1988

cecilia1988 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SPOILERS PLEASE!!
    Hello! Could someone please tell me the final outcome of the novel, and if ML and MC have children?

otaku31 likes this.
  5. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, the first question I have is - Will MC still have a life?

6. louberlu

louberlu Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, i really want to know how ML end up liking MC.

7. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems the duke is really so high on his emotions when it comes to interaction with his wife. Makes me want to be on edge when reading this novel.

8. 1Penny4YourThoughts

1Penny4YourThoughts Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a novel related to this story? I've seen the raw up to about 27 (not that I can read it) and the translated to chapter 15, but it would be awesome to read a more in depth description of their interactions. Also, one page says there are 40 chapters out? Anyone who knows anything more about this story and it it is possible to get more spoilers?

_dreamlesscloud_ and Aquaa like this.
  9. evilbonsai

evilbonsai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the duke is kind of crepy :p

10. dahlhoney

dahlhoney Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait I thought they caught the rest of her family and killed them before dragging MC into the scene? That's why ML says he'll kill her himself bc he bought highly of her (forced) act of staying behind to take responsibility like a noble would do, unlike what her family did.

11. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I recall correctly, there was only one scene of them fleeing with bags packed. Then nothing. MC was admired for not running away, but there were no hints whatsoever of the fate/state of the the absconders. And I remember seeing only servants' corpses, so just I assumed they were successful in their flight.

P.S. It was all kinda vague; the focus was clearly on the MC and her meeting with the Duke, with the rest (including faces) glossed over.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  12. evilbonsai

Reading List:
    Link
    @dahlhoney can u give spoilers like duke will fall in love mc without the help of spell.

Shieri, readerz and otaku31 like this.
  13. dahlhoney

Reading List:
    Link

There was another scene where they showed a hand with big jewel rings with blood on the floor so I kinda always assumed it was one of her family members.

EDIT: I checked the novel (from ridibooks)

[겁에 질려 덜덜 떨고 있는 그녀의 눈에 기사들의 피 묻은 검 외에, 그들이 들고 있는 피가 뚝뚝 떨어지는 수박만 한 덩어리들이 보였다. 도망갔던 가족들의 잘린 머리였다. 목이 베이기도 전에 놀라서 심장마비로 먼저 죽을 뻔했다. 경악하여 시선을 돌렸다가 홀의 입구에 수북이 쌓인 고용인들의 시체까지 보자 공포에 질려 숨이 막혀왔다.

Trembling in fear she could see not only the blood stained swords of the knights, but also dripping in blood were round clumps the size of a watermelon in their hands. They were chopped off heads of her family who had fled. She almost died of an heart attack before they could even slice her neck. She couldn't breathe out of fear when she looked away from shock just to notice the bodies of dead servants piled up near the hall entrance.]

A rough translation I did on the spot. Hope this helped:)

Pretty much so, it wouldn't be a romance novel if it didn't I guess lol. I still have the last book of the series(there are 3 in total) to read so I can't give you spoilers in details.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2021
  14. evilbonsai

Reading List:
    Link
    Still thank you.

dahlhoney likes this.
  15. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about you guys. But psychotic serial killers with no regards to life is exactly what im looking for in a parthner. I wish the nicer personality stayed forever

16. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for clearing that up. :sushi_thankyou::sushi_thankyou:

While I do enjoy the colorful art in manhwa adaptations, I really hate how they sometimes miss out on important details, esp. when it's matter that could be made clear with just a couple of words.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  17. dahlhoney

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsmilehappyeyes::blobsmilehappyeyes:

The 'haughty merciless cold-blooded guy' falling in love and acting desperate seems to be popular lol

18. Psytoxin

Psytoxin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any legit spoilers on ending? Because I'm confused as heck.

readerz likes this.
  19. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it's ongoing so there's no spoilers yet, right?

20. Psytoxin

Psytoxin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The untranslated chapters?