LCD The Novel's Extra

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Zethuron, Jun 7, 2018.

1. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this the third time the author has used this set up?

2. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow Yi Yeonjun was more responsible for fucking up Boss than I thought. This settles what Bell meant when he said this:

Soosoo likes this.
  3. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah with the same gimmick of people arriving at different times every time too.

On the bright side, maybe he'll have time to think about what he's going to do with the main plotline in the meantime

4. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep! The only difference being the first two times were 10 people or less and this time we have 1500 or so. Pretty lazy story telling especially since this is non sensible even for this story. Feels like the author is either flailing, padding, or my personal theory: He ran out of good ways to traumatize Nayun, so he came up with this.

5. Empty21

Empty21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The author used the cards "Time travel + Nayun crying"
    Ah Shit, Here We Go Again

For the love of God author leave my cute Nayun alone she's been through enough!

6. BeardyRABBIT

BeardyRABBIT <Not a Rabbit>

Reading List:
    Link
    Enough? For Author there's no such thing like -Enough- pain for Nayun. There will be more tears and traumatic experiences for her.

Hahahahahaha

7. Shino Miya

Shino Miya Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i found this on a teaser and i was speechless, but i am happy that Kaita might be able to help Hajin against Yeonjun :blob_grin::blob_grin:

FussyBadger likes this.
  8. moridin84

moridin84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Empty21, twinklecake and lunarshadow like this.
  9. Commentator

Commentator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    trapped in the past, there is too much repeated plot here

10. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This story is going from great to mediocre and now it’s running stale....

11. moridin84

moridin84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Things started to get worse way back, starting from the Tower of Wish.

The story initially promised to be grander in scope. Instead, after leaving Cube the scope shrunk, mostly concentrating on the Tower of Wish. The "setting" of the world is actually very interesting but instead, hundreds of chapters are spent in a video game tower.

The original premise is that Hajin would help Suho progress through the story while dealing with the second author making the story "more interesting". Instead, Hajin decided he needed to "fix the story" in the Tower Wish. Completed derailing everything. Neither Suho or the second author makes many appearances until later on.

When the story finally moved past the Tower of Wish the entire world changed into another video game. It was bad enough in the Tower of Wish but the author couldn't abandon that crutch? I was fine with the Hajin being a video game character, it made sense in the context of the story but having everyone else like that dilutes it.

I think the main reason the story is struggling is that it threw away the "original story" and it threw away "Kim Suho is the main character". There's very little left except for stupid jokes, video game mechanics and nostalgia for the characters built up in the Cube arc.

------------------

The Chameleon Troupe changed from a dangerous morally gray group into a happy-go-lucky do-whatever-Hajin-wants group. That was stupid.

Boss might be cute but that's because she's turned into a little puppy eating out of Hajin's hands. Completely different from her initial "cool but somehow disappointing" woman.

I actually like harems but Yoo Yeonha turning into a harem member was forced and does nothing but dilute her as a character. Putting her in Kim Suho's harem would have made a lot more sense.

Hajin was initially weak but relied on cheap tricks and abilities from his system to get through situations. Now he is just universally strong with very little weakness, it's hard to believe that he is weaker than the main character, let alone anyone else. Hajin let Suho deal with the Demon King and Orden but it would be easy to believe Hajin defeat them just by himself.

Jin Sahyuk... is kind of just disappointing at this point? She's such a joke that her character is only interesting if she happens to be amusing that chapter.

I was fine with the relationship between Hajin and Chae Nayun in Cube, she was annoying but it was amusing. I thought the plot with Hajin killing her brother and all that was pretty good. Hajin's reasoning for not explaining everything to her was a bit weak but I could accept it. But the way things progressed after the initial "re-meeting" makes you think that Hajin is just a total bastard. Constantly refusing to actually resolve things.

I hate the "synchronization mechanic". It's an unpleasant and forced mechanic to make Hajin affected by all the "past events" that shouldn't affect him.

Sea Dog, Kefi, Cashew Farmer and 4 others like this.
  12. Shino Miya

Reading List:
    Link
    it's a plot device to make Hajin be the center of the story, it can't be helped :blobReach::blobReach:

Lonelycity likes this.
  13. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Author got them Unlimited Plot Cards stacked up to use.

14. Lonelycity

Lonelycity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Repeated same type of plot cards?

15. Bugis-san

Bugis-san Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    REVERSE CARD

16. twinklecake

twinklecake Professional Freeloader

Reading List:
    Link
    I bet the author couldn't build a decent Magic deck to save his own scrotum.

17. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It honestly seems like the main plot of the story is to torture Nayun, doesn't it? It never freaking stops.... Did the author modeled Nayun after his ex or what?

Sea Dog likes this.
  18. twinklecake

twinklecake Professional Freeloader

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't seem like torture this time around. It's almost like closure.

19. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking at what the author has done so far, he will find a way to spin this into more "motivation" (read torture) for Nayun.

20. Shino Miya

Reading List:
    Link
    from the conversation between Nayun and her mother we can see what the author's intention
    Author : "Nayun, you can endure much more torture than this" :facepalm::facepalm:
    well, maybe i'm the one who cynical ~lol :cookie:

Soosoo, Empty21 and lunarshadow like this.