LCD Cultivation Chat Group

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by CloudySkySadMoon, Jun 18, 2016.

1. thedorkishguy

thedorkishguy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This Godbrandy dude is a fucking idiotic translator who cares nothing for the quality of the translation lol. QIDIAN, fire him or better yet hire an editor or proofreader. The quality is bad. Luckily... no one needs to give him any money for it ^_^

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "He had managed to find a guy outside the Nine Provinces Number One Group that sought death even more than Thrice Reckless." rofl XD

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one that thought Yellow Mountain might intentionally interrupt at the crucial moment to ruin the guy's composition permanently?

4. Captain_Ironfoundersson

Captain_Ironfoundersson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is a taboo.

5. Z__SKULL

Z__SKULL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why should it matter? they don't seem to be friendly with each other.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  6. Captain_Ironfoundersson

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't matter whether they are friends or enemies. A taboo is a taboo.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a strong feeling that Ms Chu Chu's belief that Shuhang is Doudou is going to lead to Venerable Spirit Butterfly believing that Shuhang wants to get a sex change operation and marry a man ;)

8. Z__SKULL

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if I’m enemies With someone then anything goes. the law and Social norms Don’t apply

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  9. Captain_Ironfoundersson

Reading List:
    Link
    But True Monarch Yellow Mountain is a respected senior in the Cultivation World, and also a high ranking member in the Cultivators’ Alliance. There is a line he can’t and won’t cross, even against his enemies.

10. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    Besides, Yellow Mountain isn't exactly enemies with him. Otherwise, he would have killed him before. He's just punishing him, but doesn't intend to really cause permanent damage, I think.

11. Z__SKULL

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah In their case I agree I think it’s more for yellow mountains Entertainment

12. Maraderchik

Maraderchik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which chapter is the last translated?

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Song Shuhang patted his chest; he had yet again dodged another calamity." Such unreasonable optimism ;)

14. Maraderchik

Maraderchik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobokhand:

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I think perhaps Master Copper Triagram has already forgotten that the only reason he was attacked was that he was wronging Shuhang. It can't really be said that Shuhang owes him anything for that.

16. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A taboo is an act that is socially reprehensible in of itself. To give an IRL example of taboo, cannibalism.
    You cannot say "its ok guys, I ate that one guy but he was my enemy so social norms don't apply".... Society as a whole will still label you as a filthy cannibal.

You are basically working under the impression that taboo means "will deeply offend the person I do it to", that is not it at all. Indeed yellow mountain probably doesn't care how much he offends that enemy of his. When people told you it was taboo they meant that doing that will offend everyone else in the world too

Of course might makes right. The whole point of devilish sects and cultivators is that they break certain taboos. Although they tend to be kill on sight for everyone else unless they are extremely strong.

17. Z__SKULL

Reading List:
    Link
    True but when I think of being a enemy with someone i mean a mortal enemy and that means quite literary that anything goes and i Wouldn't care what the world thought . not to be confused with dislikeing someone i have quite a people i dislike but nobody I'd want to dispose of. Bottom line is if i wanted/Needed to kill someone the way Wouldn't matter as long as they die. Suppose I'm not a nice person by that train of thought but it's the way i am. guess it a good thing i live in a modern era and not long ago.

Lmao i just relized im like a typical young master arch type in that regard:blobfearful: and would kill somebody by any means necessary however im not gonna try to kill somebody if the name called or somthing supid like that:facepalm:

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  18. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your edge has nothing to do with era. People of antiquity were far more hardcore about breaking taboos than in the modern era. In antiquity you would have been lynched for breaking taboos to thoughtlessly follow your revenge fantasies.

Besides which, you seem to be forgetting he has other options. He doesn't have to break taboos in order to win fights. He is not desperate. At the end of the day you are not him, he is unwilling to throw away his centuries of face with society at large over this one enemy, key word throw away because it is not even the only option

19. Z__SKULL

Reading List:
    Link
    Revenge fantasys irl?
    look lets not take irl and the story and try to compare. thats apple to oranges.
    my basic point was an enemy for me means nothing is off limits and in todays day and age i Don't think I'll ever become personal enemies with anybody. walking away or just ignoring someone is much easier and with way less trouble than trying that hundreds of years ago when fighting or killing somebody was a quicker and better solution. Trying to ignore someone with power hundreds of years was almost never possible or practical

20. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know well enough that this is not what enemy means. Enemy does not mean "I hate them so much I will sacrifice anything to kill them". Your insistence that this is what it means, and therefore you will never have any "enemies" is ridiculous.

You are inventing a definition for a word that already has a definition, a rather silly definition at that. Then you are insisting on applying the same stupid definition to fictional character.

If you insist on using your own silly definition then apply it correctly. Don't pretend other people are also using it. Namely, by your definition Yellow Mountain has exactly zero enemies. He has some people he dislikes and is willing to kill if doing so does not involve self destructive behavior, but none that he is so madly in hate with that he would sacrifice all else to kill