A conceptual weapon's theory of singularity?

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by Lazriser, May 17, 2019.

1. Asdq

Asdq RSS FEED SECT! I WANT YOU FOR THE RSS ARMY!

Reading List:
    Link
    I suggest change sword to spear, because looks more as worm hole and makes more sense as boundary between universes.

Edit: Sword is pure hype, bullshit, the best weapon is a spear.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  2. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    you are cramming too much in there, to the point where I wished to ask why a sword ? You need a core for any weapon. That core defines the kind of abilities it can have. As well as what weapon is best suitable. You can also do the reverse. A swords essence is cutting. Just as spears essence is piercing, shields essence is pretecting, and blunt weapons\hammers essence is breaking or smattering. Rest all abilities are secondary. Like cutting with shield edge or parrying with sword.
    Now from what I read, your sword essentially cuts all probable outcomes except one envisioned by the user, which explains the invincibility to some extent. This has dangerous consequences cuz you dont actually know what you cut down. Also the sword itself exists in a state of flux, it's here but not here at the same time. Basically like Schrödinger's cat. This would be your degree of summoning, the value of probability for the sword being here and now. This would also explain how the sword separates the multiverse. It quantized the probability into something discrete. For eg a certain action can cause over 10k possible futures with varying probabilities. But the sword can cut down the futures that are similar to some extent leaving only one in a group of thousands. Like say a dice has six outcomes. But that can be cut down to 2 saying 1&3 are close to 2, and 4&6 are close to 5. The part about the sword being made of world fragments and achieving completion through said fragments frankly lost me, cuz it seemed like the chicken egg paradox.
    This is an explanation more grounded in physics that I can think of.

3. Kracko

Kracko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If so, a tie is a double loss or double win?
    Is possible the existence of death magic?
    If the win condition is predetermined but the consecuences of the win is a loss, what happens?

4. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    Who cares what happens to the multiverse, I'm asking how does that singularity of yours affect the characters in the story

5. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you have a suitable story for this madness at least?
    Did you write a synopsis or a few chapters (chapter 1 at least), there are lots of things that needs explaining, like so far, are you basing this whole scenario on science/science-fiction or are you trying to write magic/fantasy or something that takes a bit from everything because this is really a paradox from everything that you said so far.
    You see I like madness but not paradoxical madness as it makes no sense trying to think about it, and seeing as how you are so sure about this whole scenario, I want a full explanation thus a story, give me a text to understand.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2019
  6. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I suppose it makes sense as a boundary but not for defence.
    Perhaps, a canon would be better?

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2019
  7. Mode

Mode New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It sounds cool in a Star Trek technobabble sort of way.

I can understand the description itself, I guess the only thing is whether the surrounding science/magic is enough to handwave questions about it, no?

8. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm asking whether my conceptual weapon is understandable, reasonable, and possible in a fictional-sense from those who know more
    But... but I like swords. I already have a conceptual spear for another character.
    Yes, something like what you explained.

As for the shards, it's basically goes like this: there is a multiverse, and some universes are 'dead' if not fully destroyed, and these universes' fragments becomes metaphysical material which are the shards to materialized the ultimate sword.
    As for the path to victory, the byproduct does not exactly eliminate all universes, since it would be absolute bullshit for a story. It just sources out all possibilities of failure to be negated, using the remains of 'dead' universes, which in effect nullifies concepts, objects, and entities alike.

The thing is, the effect is make there is no OR, only ONLY. In that part, I decide how victory plays out. Victory does not necessarily mean you win, since victory could also be a loss.
    Death magic will naturally be nullified by the ultimate sword, since it grants immunity to anything supernatural and everything related to illness. Death magic is magic, therefore is nullified by the ultimate sword. The incomplete sword would need to be held by the user, to nullify the death magic or come in contact with death magic phenomena with the sword's body. The complete sword completely nullifies death, but this is a problem, because of the paradoxical effect it has on the universe. This is why the whole story is about not summoning the complete sword.
    If user decides to completely summon the ultimate sword. User will become immortal, user's universe will become stagnant reality, and that universe will become first shard of a new ultimate sword. Yes, the ultimate sword was unintentionally created to be self-destructive, since it was originally meant to be the boundaries of countless worlds. It's original form would be that of the fundamental force in the universe, but weaponizing it would cancel out it's existence, but leave only the remaining universe as it's first new shard. A repeated cycle of destruction, blinded by victory at any cost.
    In the past, there was Atlantis, and in Atlantis was a hidden underground crystal mine filled with all the world's memories. An elder god (originally an artificial spirit from beyond made flesh) went rogue in the disguise of a sorcerer travelling the far distant lands. This sorcerer was seeking what is to be truly human, all good and bad.

The sorcerer's plan in using the underground mine to create the ultimate sword was almost fulfilled, but Atlantis destroyed itself from a civil war, and with outside factors (other nations and gods) planning to stop the sorcerer inside Atlantis. This made the mad sorcerer repeat the whole process by destroying Atlantis countless times (infinite realities) until at least the blueprint of the ultimate sword was complete. This the is prequel story of the ultimate sword.

The main story takes place years after the fall of Atlantis, modern day Earth in another universe, where the mad sorcerer chooses a specific place, and timeline as the ritual ground of the convergence of heaven and earth, thus with the protagonist becoming the mad sorcerer's plaything. The protagonist will to have decide to defend Earth using an incomplete sword, or win but lose with the ultimate sword, or do nothing at all.

The false god cares not for the outcome, but the whole process that led to the choice, as all it wants is to know the limitless potential humanity has.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  9. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, (that thread about Atlantis that you made before, it is related to this, isn't it?) I think a got a bit more of a better understanding of what you meant (considering everything so far as well) :hmm:

10. PotatoZero

Reading List:
    Link
    You really.. I'm asking about the impact to the characters and only one sentence of all that talked about it...
    I'm asking, how does all that (becoming immortal and stagnant reality (what even does that mean?)) supposed to be a deterrent for the user? Because those seems to be quite nice things to have. Stop talking about the multiverse for a second

11. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, my bad. So the protagonist is fighting the final villain in his universe. He is currently defending Earth with an incomplete sword. He is (by me) forced to decide whether to continue fighting against the flood (sins materialized as monsters from another dimension), or vanquish them all from the source (a singularity opened by the villain's ritual succeeding). The problem with both decisions is the first, victory is not assured completely, and it will lead to everyone around him dying, and eventually him as well from exhaustion and being flooded by countless monsters. The second decision will grant him complete victory, destroying the source and villain, but due to the materialization of the complete sword; his world's boundaries crumble from immense force of the ultimate sword. Thus, the disintegration of space-time itself, and there is no alternative or means of surviving the 'dead' Earth.

Why? The ultimate sword's complete materialization nullifies anything supernatural and everything related to illness. The byproduct of such abilities is immortality, but eternal stagnation in the flow of time right after victory is assured. He wins, he defeated the villain and defended his world, but his world is now 'crystallized' like a 'dead' universe, therefore becoming a shard for a new ultimate sword to be summoned in another universe (completely different from branching universes).

In conclusion, he essentially becomes an immortal to some extent, but the world remains stagnate, since possibilities were negated, leaving only a singular possibility of victory, no matter the cost. That is why the whole story is about him trying to not summon the complete sword. Only he alone can move in that stagnant flow of time, since he becomes the core of the shard (dead universe, fragmented universe) now, but he can't change anything except being able to move. He can only wait for his world to become another shard for someone else's summoning, or remain in this frozen hell forever.

12. Moy

Moy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

:hmm::blobsleepless::sweating_profusely:

13. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it really that confusing?

I can describe it in one sentence if you want. MC summons divine sword that materializes God's power, which in effect defeats his opponents, but destroys his world alongside branching worlds, thus making his world the base of the magic sword in another different world to be summoned again.

Moy likes this.
  14. PotatoZero

Reading List:
    Link
    Why only Earth, what happened to all other parts of the universe
    Why sins, what even are sins in this scenario
    But you said singularity is supposed to be stagnant universe...

15. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    The 'singularity' (source) appears in between the moon and Earth, during a total eclipse. So the 'sins' from other Earths pour out from this singularity, or hole. The 'sins' are a destructive force composed of malevolent spirits made out of ruined Earths or worlds (filled with evil spiritual awareness). Say, this particular Earth had a Savior which 'purified' the excess 'sins', so this Earth won't easily be 'corrupted' by the Abyss. In the protagonist's Earth, there was no Savior, or rather, the Savior went rogue, thus becoming link to the Abyss.

The Abyss being the 'ground/domain/root' of all existence, and on/in the Abyss are universes which continue to be created and destroyed countless times, because another force (Heaven) is opposing the Abyss's destructive nature of devouring existences outside the boundaries (Pillars of Heaven). The boundaries of countless worlds keep the universes alive, or existing, and protect them from being devoured by the Abyss.

In before the protagonist's universe becomes a singularity, the only apparent singularity is the 'source'. After destroying the boundaries, the Abyss naturally devours everything left behind in the fragmented universes, with only the shards from countless fragmented universes materializing the ultimate sword. When the ultimate sword completes it's user's task, which is victory at any cost, the 'source' is eliminated, and the 'singularity' disappears. The universe however becomes another 'singularity', but because the Abyss is trying to devour the protagonist's universe due to the breaking of boundaries, the ultimate sword's conceptual effect naturally (byproduct) transforms the universe to a (core) shard. This makes the universe a fragmented universe, and new shard ready to become a part of a new ultimate sword to be materialized in another universe within the Abyss.

16. PotatoZero

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened to other parts of the universe? What I mean is, what about Mars, Venus, Pluto, other stars, other galaxies? Do they not have lifeforms in your story?

What is singularity? You seem to have two version of it...

17. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, you mean the celestial bodies and things in outer-space? All those planets were destroyed along with the 'source', including the moon, because 'source' can only become a gateway, once particular stars align in the eclipse moment. As for other galaxies, they are being devoured by the Abyss the moment the ultimate sword's completely materializes. As the Abyss devours the universe from it's boundaries (no more protection), the ultimate sword will naturally oppose the Abyss while eliminating the anything in it's path the user desires.

I think of singularity as puncturing a deep rabbit hole of sorts where it reaches the lowest and smallest capacity possible. I also sometimes mistake singularity as an event or a singular existence (meaning it only exist here, and nowhere else in other universes). Yeah. my bad, but the 'singularity' I refer to hear is akin to the first description.

So is my conceptual weapon's theory of singularity valid or not?

18. PotatoZero

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, why do sins attack only Earth?
    You're not looking for validity in settings, you're looking for consistency,
    As for basis in real physics, nah, you're better off handwaving them all to supernatural

19. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    The sins are not exactly attacking Earth, but rather Earth is the starting point of the invasion. The MC and his comrades are there to stop the invasion from expanding from Earth to everywhere else in the universe. The Abyss is still attempting to devour the universe, but it can't since the ultimate sword is still in it's incomplete form.

As to why 'sins' are starting from Earth, because the original sins belonged to prime Earth. This is another backstory of my world building, but basically two forces desired absolute destruction, the only difference was their methods. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

The cosmos was originally a universe (made from dead gods), but conflict happened between two superpowers (original humanoids), which led to the creation of the multiverse. The Eradicator (temp), Heaven's avatar, gave the cosmos unlimited potential, therefore the universe became a multiverse of infinite possibilities. The Abyss's avatar, the Originator (temp) sought the end of everything existent to complete nothingness, including himself. To avoid the complete annihilation of the singular universe (stopping regression to unreality), the Eradicator made it infinite while the Originator made it eternal (eternally devouring everything).

Why did they oppose each other though they both desired destruction? The Eradicator preferred the natural course of 'death', meaning they should not interfere with the material plane, but the Originator thought otherwise. It wanted to accelerate the process by granting the lower-lifeforms 'destructive knowledge', while countering the Eradicator's 'freedom to create'.

Perhaps I should make it all supernatural. Well, thanks for replies.

20. ediav42

ediav42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Possible by real world physics? To my knowledge it shouldn’t be... in the first place why does it take the shape of a sword and not anything else? Or is it just made into that shape by the user?