Recommendations bl novels family centric

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by peekaboom, May 18, 2019.

1. peekaboom

peekaboom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any BL novels that aren't only focused on romance but also family you can recommend? Something like Rebirth of the Wolfish Silkpants Bottom, Dominion’s End (eh, sort of BL), Trash of the Count’s Family, Death Progress Bar, etc. Please and thank you uwu

Lianna and SorceressPol like this.
  2. Nagtatago

Nagtatago Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exile is pretty good

peekaboom likes this.
  3. srrrahim

srrrahim A woman's heart, a needle under the sea

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe you can try this :
    - Brother (https://www.novelupdates.com/series/brother/)
    - The Founder of Diabolism
    - Beloved Marriage in High Society
    - Spring Trees and Sunset Clouds
    - Unruly Phoenix Xiaoyao (Sort of BL LoL. MC is a girl disguised as an emperor)

If you want protagonist with family story like trash of the count family, maybe you can try :
    - Stranger's Handbook (don't read this at NU. Read it somewhere else. NU list chapter is suck)
    - Evil-like Duke Household
    - My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending
    - How to Live as the Enemy Prince

That's all my recommendation. Enjoy

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    peekaboom and Kurolo-Lite like this.
  4. c3ltic

c3ltic . . .

Reading List:
    Link
    So you're looking for relationships/interaction with either the MC or ML family? And not so much child raising? (There aren't many child raising BL's out there right now....)

Let me know if this is not what you're looking for, I'm not sure all of them are "family centered" or have a good relationship with their families though:
    • Beloved Marriage in High Society: Both MC and ML's family are part of the plot. (not necessarily positive on all aspects though)
    • Don't You Like Me: both MC and ML's family are important to some extent, but it is still early in the story so I don't know how much they are involved going forward.
    • Entertainment Industry’s Gourmet Food Service: it hasn't been updated since Feb, and was just starting to get into the romance but MC's family was involved with MC so I would think it would continue to some extent.
    • Everyone Thinks I Like Him: Complete. MC is slow to hop on board the relationship train, but the way everyone around them keeps pushing them together is cute. And once they get together it is very sweet. Family relationship is not a main focus, but it is mentioned in a realistic if heartbreaking way.
      MC comes out to his family and is disowned. (except by his older brother)
    • Film Emperor's Adorable Wife from Ancient Times: MC is from ancient times and transmigrated into a modern adult body. His relationship with is brother is distant but still mentioned frequently (as of now).
    • I am a Chef in the Modern Era: Another where MC is transmigrated into a modern adult body, but there is no family on his side. He does build a relationship with an older man he considers his Grandpa and it is quite sweet. The ML's family is just now getting into the scene.
    • Laws of the Otherworld: MC agrees to take dangerous job because of his brother (and is joined by said brother in alternate world).
    • Rebirth of a Movie Star: both MC and ML's family seem to be the scheming type. MC's family is taken care of early on (they could come back though), and the ML's family is an ongoing battle. ML is in line for succession of taking over the family company, so he and MC have been attacked. (only 39 chapters released, things could change). The ML has a son which is pretty big part of the story at the moment.
    • Reborn Otaku's Code of Practice for the Apocalypse: ML's family is mentioned in later chapters, but is not heavily involved. Even without family they make their own with teammates, it is a slow slice of life type novel with brief spurts of action.
      Other than they adopt ML's half brother after his mother dies in childbirth and the child's father abandoned him.
    • Reborn as a Good Child: new translation (9 chapters) MC's family is integral to the story line. He is reborn back to his younger self and is determined not to make the same choices he did before which had resulted in his families ruin.
    • Stop Bothering Me, Emperor!: Complete. MC and ML both reincarnate/transmigrate from ancient times to modern. Along with some of their friends/family from ancient times. Family (both previous and current) have a strong influence on plot.
    • Strongly Pampered Male Wife: It hasn't been updated since Feb; but there was a lot of family dynamic in the chapters translated. MC's family sold him into a m/m marriage, which he agreed to for financial rewards. ML's family looked close and had the potential of being involved in the future. I will warn you that this has an mpreg tag, so it was getting a little....strange. Its been a while since I read it so I can't remember where their relationship was in terms of emotional progress but I think they had fallen in love.
    • The Big Landlord: MC transmigrates to ancient times right after the parents die; he has a younger brother he is responsible for as well as his father's harem and half sisters--who constantly scheme against him. ML's grandfather has dementia, but may become more involved in the plot going forward.
    • The Promise Sealed With Our Lips: Completed translation. I've only started reading it so I don't know how involved the families are but I do know they have impacted the story line. I will give an angst warning though, in case it is not your favorite.

Honorable Mentions: (They have family dynamic but more in a scheming way)
    • I Don't Want You to Be Responsible: mpreg, new translation (only 19 chapters); MC has no family, ML's family is constantly mentioned but they aren't together yet so it could go either way.
      (other than having a one night stand that made MC pregnant)
    • More than a Few Blessings: ML's family is used more of a plot devise; they are the typical scheming type. MC's direct family (parents) have passed but he is determined to get revenge, and the extended family is mentioned but not a big part of the story. (so far--it may change only 22 chapters translated)
    • My Wife Always Thought I Did Not Love Him: Complete. Family influences the plot but not necessarily in a good way
      MC's mother is so against the relationship she forces them apart, for 10 years. There is a lot of angst to get through for only a few chapters of fluffy. And then it just ends.
    • One Useless Rebirth: It just got picked up again only 9 chapters released. ML's family was responsible for ML's death before MC was reborn and I think MC's family is already gone.
    ....I think this is all I have. I hope it helps.