Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Huuuuuuh new yuri SH series:
    https://www.scribblehub.com/series/25043/my-goal-living-eternally-as-a-loli-surrounded-by-my-women/
    -------------
    Btw in the series i just recommended with TS white hair heterochromatic eyes MC:
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-will-return-again/
    I wonder why author thought it's ok for the MC to suddenly prefer to get a man then keep his orientation/get a girl.

The part in question:
    "Love letters. One was from a man and the other a girl. Oh man, my head hurts even worse right now. Hello, I'm a girl now and I get a letter from another girl. No thank you, I would rather receive one from a man."

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    Moonpearl, Ubik and Keitaro123 like this.
  2. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Ubik and Keitaro123 like this.
  5. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol
    https://mangadex.org/title/37370/tsukarekitta-onna-ga-shinuhodo-iyasareru-tame-ni
    got a ch2. Spoiler: FL reveals at the end of chapter that she is a stalker. Totally didn't expect that but it sure made sense with everything that happened. Still angry MC looks like a man though.

Moonpearl, Ubik and Keitaro123 like this.
  6. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, right now series is more on SoL or school life without some fluffy moments maybe later it will get to Futaribeya levels, will see. For now it's rather underwhelming. But it's good that it's rather revived at least.
    Someday Tsuru55 will start making small summary about mentioned new series, but it will be rather isekai story...
    Oh well, some info about this will be nice, though. Name and whole premise made me rather avoid it.
    Maybe because it's not yuri? I'll say it again in raws there are no mention about it to be yuri. And there are no evidence to prove it otherwise.
    But still, this series have possessive FL (she is stalker, I think she maybe yandere) and whole start is interesting.
    About MC art.... as if other artists made MC or FL always fully feminine (Takemiya Jin for example).
    Oh and that was nice. And as always you didn't made it good service for not mentioning what is it about. It's beast girls anthology drawn by different authors and different themes. At least two published chapters were good. (credits pages are fun there).

All right, now for other things:
    Tsuru55 almost mention everything new, almost.... but I still want to add something.
    There is new series Haru and Midori
    Midori isn't good with people, and at 31 years old, she feels like she has no place in life.
    One day, she is attending the funeral of a close friend of hers from junior high school, Tsugumi. Unable to forget about her, she has a vision of the young friend she knew standing above her - only it isn't the girl she once knew, but her daughter, Haruko.
    This is the story of the relationship between a woman without a place and a child without a mother.
    Large warning it's looks like drama and heavy one at that. So you should avoid it if you don't want it.

Hino-san no Baka reached end of raws, it's release rate once in two weeks. Next will be in 2019/05/26.

And there were two new NSFW parts of Restless Kiss NSFW anthology of teacher x student relationship and senpai x kouhai ones. (on dex there are 7 chapters, on dynasty only four). Mostly 2 chapters per pair.

Moonpearl likes this.
  7. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaaaah this one huh... Yep i found it before you but somehow because of the summary i felt like it would be drama heavy so i didn't recommend it.
    ??? All the chapters in it are from Aoko and i saw them before in dynasty though.

Edit: wow this image of the little sister crying and having snot on the legs of Demon Queen/King is really to die for.
    https://mangadex.org/chapter/615000/13

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    Ubik likes this.
  8. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It had very big philosophia vibe, and it has rather usual woman x young girl trope but without comedy or similar things.
    https://dynasty-scans.com/anthologies/restless_kiss it hold only four of it, so they just lazy there.

9. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Ubik likes this.
  10. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a new uber cute and fluffy ClaudinexMaya mini-doujin (in full colour) on Dynasty. A sugar rush in 4 pages that's just too cute.

Ubik likes this.
  11. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    New (Edit: yuri) series on SH:
    Immortal Chronicles: Apostle of Life
    “You shouldn't have violated the rules.” were the last words she heard.
    Choi Soo Min died in a mysterious assassination just after integrating with a newly developed soul AI chip. She then wakes up in a mysterious world with a body of child. And notices that she her soul has fully integrated with the AI chip.
    Follow the her as she starts to explore the mysterious world.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    Ubik likes this.
  12. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But 1 and 2 from anthology comes only some days ago. I didn't see it before that.
    It's was fluffy, but so small.
    And from when reincarnation with OP AI chip became classic, did I missed something?
    Still start is quite intriguing, I wonder where it would lead.

Yesterday post was rather large so I left something..... Who I'm kidding? Yeah I forgot, oh well ..
    There was another revived series: Shouraiteki ni Shinde Kure with 3 new chapters.
    And new chapter of Her Elder Sister Has a Crush on Her, But She Doesn't Mind. where their mother (former yuri Djs author take inspirations for her new work).

Additionally there is new Lilium Terrarium chapter. That was continuation of 3 one and one rather ambiguous. With no clear answer about situation between that pair.

13. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Wrong word, cliche or template would be more correct.

Ubik likes this.
  14. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like the concept behind this one~!

As for the MC... I'd say she's definitely androgynous, but it's easy to believe she's a woman once you're told so. The way she's drawn reminds me of "My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness" and how a few other female mangaka draw themselves in the back of their works, too. It's kind of refreshing to me, to be honest.

Many women love butch/masculine women, so it's maybe to appeal to those people? Although I think when you get to the level of the "Adams" in "Love DNA", you've given up on yuri.

So cute~!!! :blobmelt: Although I feel bad for female Tasmanian Devils now...

Ubik and Sabruness like this.
  15. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no problem with butch or masculine as long as there is some obvious sign that they are still, in fact, female (boobs are a great signal for that). It's when it crosses over the line to where you honestly question if they really are female that drives me mental. Sure, some might find that most appealing (as a guy, i personally dont get it at all) but makes me question what they're really seeking or thinking of masquerading as yuri. Seriously, to me if it looks like het or yaoi even with some scrutiny then it's horribly failed yuri that besmirches the name of yuri itself.

Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  16. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only know one, it's too much to call it template you know.....
    I'm not against your opinion, I rather accept it. But it leads to ... not good things. If you only differentiate gender by Secondary sexual characteristics you rather exclude (f.e.) many girls that don't have bountiful chest or had them removed because of breast cancer.
    If it's about this exact fiction, there is none of things that could lead to that opinion. I said it before - Takemiya Jin art for female are sometime more androgynous than this. I don't think it pretend to be yuri, we only see MC as woman who doesn't care how she looks. But even with this she hooked one girl. About pretending, isn't too early too judge that?

AliceShiki and Moonpearl like this.
  17. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: May 22, 2019
    Ubik likes this.
  18. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For H one it was nice.

I mentioned already one series from SH - Black Witch from Another World. After reading 12 chapters I think that I could recommend it. Even if author, I don't know was inspired or read A Wild Last Boss Appeared but story have very similar tropes from it. But reminder, still no clear yuri though. :blobsad:

p.s. there was new chapter of All of Humanity is Yuri Except For Me - why I get feeling that that world version of MC was not like everybody and all will end good ... in yuri way? :hmm:

Edit: on dex there was reupload old yuri (10 years old) title Kimochi no Katachi it has some triangle in the middle, but good read regardless in the end.

19. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    I need some brain melting floof.

Also, since i cant post a pickup request for villains yet i did it through a NUF blog post and my sig XD Please show your support if you like the novel as well

Ubik likes this.
  20. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You just can't wait 2 weeks? :blob_grin: Wow that's what I could call withdrawal. Seriously though, you should really wait two weeks more, even if there will be willing ones, sniping TL is bad (and it will be shunned). Nobody wants to be like certain somebody... I hope.

Fluffy ones.... there is My Disciple Wants to Tease Me Every Day, The Price of Confessing To The Wrong Female Protagonist at least.
    In manga I already recommend what I like mostly in fluff earlier. And once again I would additionally mention that "Maison De Maid" was fun and fluffy. :blobowoevil_horns: