Online purchase?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, May 18, 2019.

1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What would you and wouldn’t you buy online? Is this online retail the new shopping experience?

I personally think it depends on the product, but Amazon makes it so easy to buy a shirt, try it, don’t like it or don’t fit, then return it. Other store don't have the power to do as Amazon as of yet, but several local stores are implementing their own version. Walmart and Target make it easy to buy online and pick it up in store or have it ship. Don’t like it? Change your mind? No worries, take it back in store to return.

Recently, I stupidly and wisely shopped on Etsy and bought a pretty nice looking wallet. I paid 28 for it after it went on sale. When the item came, there was this funny chemical smell to it like in a tire shop.

I stuff it with some paper towel and laid it out to air. Next day, the paper towel all had that chemical stuff. So I stuff the wallet again with new paper towel and bag it with baking soda. The paper towel came back smelling less than the first batch, but the wallet still somewhat smell. The wallet had been in a bag with baking soda since then with the two main pockets stuff with baking soda wrapped in coffee filter. Hope this would get them as close to the smell as possible to get rid of the smell.

I had message my concern to the seller and he automatically didn’t even help me thought of solution to remove the smell, but out right said no one had made the same claim as me and would take return. Don’t you think it’s odd? Anyhow, I’m debating whether to ship back the wallet or just keep it and hope the smell eventually fade with time. I would get a full refund, but personally if I applied the shipping cost to get the item here and back, I’ll get half a refund.

Is it worth it? Getting half of my 28 is better than nothing right?

2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Onaholes. Imagine the shame of having to enter a sex shop and having to pay for it at the register. :blob_coughblood:

3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry I don't have a good advice to help, I had a similar problem in the past(well, it wasn't a smell problem but the product wasn't complete...) anyway, I decided to keep the d**n thing and look for the missing piece somewhere else, I can only say, don't buy from that place (website) again I guess :blobsweat_2:

4. Ryve16

Ryve16 Working Hard and Hardly Working

Reading List:
    Link
    Gun parts

5. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Only if you buy the XXS version ...:blob_patpat:

I only buy items I cannot buy in a local shop, or order to a local shop ... I am a bit old-fashioned and not a fan/supporter of online shopping as small businesses and the delivery services (drivers) get the short end ... I really enjoy strolling through the city and do my shopping.

6. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here. I order to the local store and pick up there.

I only buy things I don’t get locallly through amazon.

7. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    not using online shopping isn't something that make you old fashioned, but it's just mean you aren't lazy.....

8. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless you're a girl and you need a XXL black dil.....do re mi. :blobwhistle:

9. Das

Das Lazing around Devil's Luck

Reading List:
    Link
    you can get much better deals on guns online then in person. though that also depends on where youre looking

10. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, like in the dark web, they sell many things there :blobowoevil:

11. Das

Das Lazing around Devil's Luck

Reading List:
    Link
    more like normal websites but ok....

12. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    Mhm, they also sell one way passes to jail. Quite convenient, no?

13. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    What are you two talking about, it just a suggestion
    I would never go there
    :whistle:

14. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Let’s hope that chemical didn’t cause all your hair to fall out...:blobfearful::sweating_profusely::blobsweat_2:

15. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, you paid $28 for a wallet? If you wanted a cheap wallet, you can get some junk on ebay for less than a buck. Not sure any wallet is worth 30 bucks.

16. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh? That can be applied to both genders.

Of course not dude. The wallet came in recently, the hair thing has been going on for months. And with chemical toxicity, short and extremely hair loss isn’t a symptom. If hair loss is a symptom, that’s probably radiation poionsing.

I didn’t say I want a cheap wallet. And yes 28 is decent for some wallet out there costing over 50$. N I don’t want some junk from eBay. I want a wallet I’ll carry around for the next five years.

The issue isn’t that I spent 28, but if I should ship it back for a half of what I had paid.

userunfriendly likes this.
  17. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    And you got what? a cheap wallet that cost $28. Unless you know what you are buying, many times these are cheap stuff marked up.

Well regardless, if you bought via paypal, you can open a case, 90% of the time, paypal sides with the buyer and will reimburse you the full amount. If they are claiming no one has this problem, even better for you, claim yours is defective.

18. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    My wallet was free...made of that rip proof paper material, that they make jumpsuits out of. 30 years old, half ripped up, I am using it until it totally disintegrates.:p