Movie Endgame and effects on kids

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by justmehere, May 19, 2019.

?

So what do u think about these movies

1. You should hold it off until they are older

3.7%
  2. Don't encourage, but don't restrict them

48.1%
  3. U need to mold bigger balls on your kids by shoving them these movies

22.2%
  4. Are you a lunatic for letting your kids watching these?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I don't watch these types of movies in the first place

14.8%
  6. Is there a troll option?

44.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. IAmViruz

IAmViruz FGO Degen

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought this was a legit research on Endgame or Avengers waiting to be written academically. Was disappointed.

justmehere likes this.
  2. Asdq

Asdq RSS FEED SECT! I WANT YOU FOR THE RSS ARMY!

Reading List:
    Link
    Would be a shit paper cuz the short time.

justmehere likes this.
  3. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    It sounds like you're talking about divorcing yourself from the emotional aspect of the film. The problems with this are that kids and a lot of adults can't or won't as well as these stories are written precisely to affect you emotionally, whether that emotion is fearful or sentimental varies.

Besides, in some ways they are teaching tools. Just like previous generations told scary stories to kids before movies existed. They are both terrifying and instructional. They let you learn about situations you shouldn't be in(For fuck's sake Daphne, don't go down the dark hallway by yourself when there is a killer on the loose! And Fred, maybe you should keep your dick in your pants until the sharknado has passed and you are safe.) as well as allowing you to learn how to deal with fear before you were in a situation where you are truly confronted with something terrifying. Sort of like fire drills. While they aren't the real thing, they help increase your odds of survival when a real fire happens.

Femme Fatale likes this.
  4. LordCorwin

Reading List:
    Link
    the movie maybe, never ever let them near the comics. Those things just got more and more sickening.

5. Ripple

Ripple Notice me Daisydacrazy senpa

Reading List:
    Link
    It's good to let them come in contact with them at a somewhat young age rather than when they're already in their preteens and all. well, you'll be there to help make sure it leaves no negative psychological effects.

6. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion as a self proclaimed child psychology expert :blobrofl: :blobrofl::blobrofl:, I say you just answered yourself by yourself, I mean, how did you brought up your child, wild, fearless, love to prank and action or a well behaved child with barely any 'clash' with others, imagination(like fantasy, dragons, battles and such...) and probably no horror movies as well (let me guess, you love your child so much that you dote on her/him and call him/her something like cutie pie?)
    Seriously, what did you expect raisng your child 'sheltered' from all the fighting, action and such (thought I admit, gore might be too much for some children) but nevertheless, try to let your child watch more action and high defined battles(stay with them if necessary until they understand what the h*ll is going on in those things) or make them read action comics (they are supposed to be for kids :blobunsure:), or let them watch something like power rangers or kamen rider (the japanese version and not that american version about that dragon knight)

7. LordCorwin

Reading List:
    Link
    Screw Kamen Rider. Show them the joys of reading cultivation novels. Then they can become immortals and give you pills to increase your lifespan and your body tempering without you having to do more than show them how much fun reading can be.... and maybe suffer the threats and humiliation of a young master or six.

Side effects may include multiple daughter-in-laws, a dozen or so grandkids and some truly bizarre 'pets'.

8. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    While I agree, but I think they need something visual first to let their imagination get used to such things first

justmehere likes this.
  9. LordCorwin

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe, I was taught to read first. Loved it.

10. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    At what age? less than 10?
    If so, that's really cool (y)

justmehere likes this.
  11. LordCorwin

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember getting really excited about stories when I was 4 or 5 maybe. Don't recall when exactly I started reading on my own though.

12. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    Most children like stories mate, but as far as I know, at that age, the child will have lots of questions and will ask lots of things about details in the story thus someone needs to be always there to explain to them and most people don't have the patience to keep reading long stories for children, I mean at best a bed time story maybe for most parents as far as telling a story to their children goes :hmm:
    Besides, if the parents read novels or some of their entourage do or if they develop somesort of interest they are bound to read them sooner or later right :blobunsure:?
    But still, I would recommend something with pictures for children and in this case I would say action comics (and not manga as I think it soon for them to learn about some things that might appear in mangas :sweating_profusely:, and perhaps, one should be careful with some images in the action comics as well :blobsweat_2:)

13. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *cough*history's strongest disciple kenichi*cough*

14. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    They are cartoon movies made for kids (pg13-which means anyone above 6 can watch them)

15. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm yeah Avengers seem too realistic and serious for young kids, there's no happy ending for everyone nor fake looking battles without blood.

16. 911

911 [Officer][Official Police][Tag me when needed]

Reading List:
    Link
    Avenger end game is a fictional thing. Even i force it so kid would watch it, they jusf forget it next week or month. They won't even understand English if u ask me.
    There's no real threat even if they do understand what th movie is actually about