Recommendations Anything other than cultivation without romance

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Annese_Sakura, May 19, 2019.

1. Annese_Sakura

Annese_Sakura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello.. Good Evening..
    I am giving up searching for cultivation novel like Insanely Pampered Wife .
    So, i think i would like to read anything aside from cultivation novel because all cultivation novel (fmc only) i already read.
    I want to read any novel with action adventure without romance like Superstar of Tomorrow, My House of Horror..
    Please recommend me hidden gem novel..

MissZer0q likes this.
  2. gangsar1998

gangsar1998 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
  4. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Lushwf

Lushwf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Pet King, it's surprisingly good and there hasn't been any hint of romance.
    There are plenty of women around him though. He works with some, has business relationships with others, and has befriended others as customers or through his various adventures. Yes he gets out of the shop a lot, though it is a focus as well.

He collects elfins (mystical pets, though they're cats, dogs, even a parrot* etc that have special powers or insights)

Actually the parrot is hilarious and keeps trying to get the shop owner (MC) into mild trouble, like making the MC's store-clerk think of him as the basis for a character she's drawing for a... BL manga... HAHA! That's about as much romance as you can expect.

It's also very touching and emotionally provoking during some of the mini-arcs.

6. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Annese_Sakura

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Annese_Sakura

Reading List:
    Link
    Action?

9. Lushwf

Lushwf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Without giving away too much there are various types of action, not much personally against the MC unless you consider some corrupt larger store trying to bully him around locally, though he does some pretty cool (read kind) things during his confrontations with them.

Yeah, other than that there are parts where his elfin is a movie star (dog) and they run into various issues, he travels out of China as well to other places like Germany. You won't lack for action, just don't expect explosions or sudden cultivators making other cower in terror. It's based on the modern world with some caveats (the mystical side).

Give it a try, it's a system novel but about the most unobtrusive. It's barely used since he spends long periods with just the elfins he has, it's not like other novels where they want everything. He's also pretty frugal with his spending so he doesn't really like spending money to travel around just to find them.

Give it a try for yourself.

*Not sure if this reference does anything for you, but like in Mass Effect video games each elfin/pet has a loyalty mission. The MC needs to tend to their needs, usually some spiritual or existential problem. which earns him their trust and lets him know more about them from the system itself*

10. gangsar1998

gangsar1998 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its about a demon cultivating into immortality, without bullsh1t or goody two shoes

11. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't mind late rom (at least there was no rom up to the latest translated chapter) w/ male MC, go & try Cultivation Chat Group
    Else, maybe Kusuriya no Hitorigoto (JPN, FMC, no cultivation & it's more/less like a detective novel)

Annese_Sakura likes this.
  12. Deleted member 176237

Deleted member 176237 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  13. pandaqueen

pandaqueen Immature Dork

Reading List:
    Link
    Doomsday Wonderland - apocalyptic survival
    Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? - isekai with some game elements (battles and levelling)
    Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi - isekai with emphasis on cooking slice of life, some fantasy game elements
    Quick Transmigration Cannon Fodder’s Record of Counterattacks - quick transmigration (world hopping arcs), no romance, thered be cultivation arcs tho, but you can try the first arc to see if you like it.

14. Redcode

Redcode Active Member

Reading List:
    Link