LCD Phoenix Destiny

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jkmessah, Dec 9, 2017.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why she decided to team up. It feels out of character for her to initiate something like that. Well, unless she's detected the true identity/purpose of the girl and decided she can use her in some way.

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are they all being so submissive and constantly screaming, "Ling Wuxia is the best!"? Are they worried that the Grandmaster might accidentally pick them by mistake? Or is Jade Summit paying them off in some way? Or are they truly so stupid that they don't realize that constantly submitting to the judgement of another is guaranteed to make them fail regardless of how long they last in the trial? The Grandmaster isn't looking for bootlickers after all. He's looking for leaders. And even if that wasn't the case, there's no way she won't lead them astray for her own benefit. If she weren't the sort to do that, her sect would never have sent her in the first place.

Also, what's stopping them from simply walking back in after being shoved out? It didn't sound like there was a barrier there that would effect humans.

3. MarkofWisdom

MarkofWisdom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They probably think they have no chance at all of getting picked ahead of Ling Wuxia, so they figure to take the path with fewer risks and just follow along after her. As for why they wouldn't just keep trying even if they aren't actually blocked if they get ejected-personal pride and face would probably prevent them from doing so, only maybe someone like Mingshu would ignore it and keep trying since she would have more to gain than to lose by doing so. They place a *lot* of importance on appearances, and quite a few times people who are shamed will leave early from whatever event/competition is happening even if they could still compete because "they don't have the face to stick around" or something along those lines.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    How is he able to maintain a foreign cultivation in that world?

I wonder if she'll sell the book on the wheel after she memorizes it. It'd probably be worth a fortune.

5. Kiriima

Kiriima Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The same way the girls restored theirs in a few days.

I like this senior's practical method of choosing a disciple.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    They didn't restore it. They switched to the native cultivation method.

7. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    And reached their previous levels in a few days. I am pretty sure Grandmaster at 3-4 stages higher is more capable.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Its not about capability. It's about the Will of Heaven utterly destroying you for forcibly maintaining a foreign cultivation.

9. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't he in his native word right now though?

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, but his cultivation is from a different world, thus my question.

11. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't it a question the answer would appear later for?
    He can have cultivation of a foreign world filled with energy of his native world. Bascially what the girls did.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    The girls had a native cultivation using native energy. The methods were just similar enough that it didn't take long for them to cultivate to a level that was a realm below their original level.

13. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    Could he have cultivated in two systems then to simply reach longer lifespan of the two? I mean, the girls can use their original cultivation in their original world now (I hope?).
    If they come again into the second wouldn't they retain the cultivation bases they had reached there already, too? (since they don't lose their original cultivation... do you get me?)

So grandmaster simply has much longer lifespan since it's a physical quality of his second cultivation, not energy one.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Possible. I was assuming that lifespan was dictated by the Will of Heaven associated with your cultivation, and that you only got to have one "active" cultivation at any given time, which was dictated by the world you were in. If it made a change to his physique that carries across worlds though, then that would make sense. It would also mean that all the girl's lifespans have been significantly increased.

15. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    Not quite, humans of the second word has longer lifespan of their own (if I remember right?), and usually first 1-2 steps don't provide that big boost. And they would need to literally stop progressing their original cultivation to see the difference.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    They do, but its not said if increasing cultivation has an additive or multiplicative affect on lifespan, or if it just flatout replaced your original lifespan with something else. That is +100 years vs 1.4 x original lifespan vs lifespan = 200.

If its multiplicative or additive, then they would benefit from it regardless of their future achievements, since it would increase the lifespan value of their first 2? realms of cultivation, and thus all future realms by extension. Though, obviously, multiplicative would give them a much greater gain.

If its a replacement though, then I'd have to wonder what happens if the lower lifespan cultivation advances beyond the level of the higher lifespan cultivation after the lower one's lifespan has been exceeded? I expect the cultivator would simply die, which would make having multiple cultivations at the same level a potentially dangerous waste of time.

I'd also have to wonder if advancing your cultivation would set your lifespan to that cultivation, even when the cultivation you advanced was significantly lower than your highest cultivation. Would it still change your lifespan (thus killing you), or would you keep the highest lifespan you currently have access to? I'd assume the latter (or that its not a replacement) since the grandmaster is still living, but its hard to say how long he's been practicing foreign techniques.

17. Kiriima

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you acquire longer lifespan as long as a method (medicine, herb, cultivation) is strong enough to make changes to your body. I.E. a common pill that increases the lifespan of a normal person by 10 years won't work on Grandmaster at all, and same with any other weak methods. He will need to charge his second cultivation to significant height to make any sizeable changes to anything.
    And if you ate Fruit of Immortality body refining won't decrease your new lifespan.
    I think cultivation (generally speaking) simply changes your lifespan completely instead of boosting it. In this genre even handicapped by injuries/poison/whatever lifespan usually can be completely replaced by Stage X lifespan after a breakthrough.
    Normal medicines also usually cannot increase lifespan beyond next stage limit. Most novels also set some hard finish line.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, it occurs to me that she could have traded one of those treasures to uphold her end of the deal with the fleet. Sure, she's not really obligated to since she wasn't chosen, but they've been quite good to her, and this opportunity was solely because of them. Helping them in spite of not needing to would likely secure her some fairly good allies for next century or two while also improving her reputation, which may be better than that treasure. Hard to say for sure since we don't know what the treasure is yet though.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Just the thought of Lu Mingshu getting what she wanted without being the chosen one made her feel like vomiting blood!" lol. Honestly, I think those two could be friends if they weren't so intent on being enemies ;)

20. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn! All these Chinese novels with female MC's are really tragic. Their family is usually the main antagonist. XD