Discussion One Punch Man's Second Season

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by qwerty1, Apr 26, 2019.

1. qwerty1

qwerty1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know how I feel about the second season of One Punch Man. I absolutely enjoyed the manga and I love Garo as a character, but I don't like the second season of the anime for some reason. I feel like everything is happening so fast. In Season 1 it was a lot different. It was slow and that was nice, but in the second season everything seems to be going incredibly fast.

Just the beginning of episode 3 kinda pisses me off. This is why:
    - Charanko leaves Saitama's house after telling him that Bang was acting weird
    - He is in the woods for a few seconds monologuing
    - Suddenly he hears Garo confronting Mumen Rider
    - Not even 20 seconds later the tank top hero gang appears
    - 1 guy tries to say something and it immediately cuts back to Garo

Also, why is his hero name bald cape? ( Maybe it's just the site I'm watching it on, but isn't it supposed to be Caped Baldy?) Maybe it's just me but I can't seem to enjoy this as much as the previous season or the manga.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  2. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe they're rushing more because they want to cover more stuff. I mean a season is always a fixed amount of episodes, so if they want to get to the end of the Garo Arc they're gonna need to fit everything into those episodes.

3. RR Vocaloid

RR Vocaloid RoyalRoad.com Slepragt

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably a different subbing group doing it. A subbing group that probably know like 3 languages or use machine translations, neither having English nor Japanese as their first and smelled money and never bothered watching the subs of the first season. So they use different terminology. It happens.

4. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    the sub I watched had it as caped baldy

5. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    If you have read the manga then you should know how long this arc and so to cover it in 1 season they are rushing things

6. qwerty1

qwerty1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it isn't even finished in the Manga, so that's the thing, they shouldn't be doing that. Split it up or end on a high note or anything BUT cram it all into one season. Cramming that much into one season is stupid beyond belief and will probably make the show far less enjoyable.

firefox1234 likes this.
  7. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually it is understandable if you think about it:
    - Season one is made by studio Madhouse while season two is made by J.C. Staff Production, so there is bound to be some changes(like the animation)
    - The manga adapted from the original manga (the one made by artist One) is still far from the arc's ending (the manga made by One has already passed to another arc, the garo arc is finished) but the details seems to be a bit different (as it is taking longer in Murata Yuusuke's version)
    - The Garo arc in manga isn't following the same pace as the previous arc (perhaps because all the main heroes have been more or less all introduced except for blast) so perhaps they are now focusing more on the plot settings for battles
    - Seeing as both the Murata Yuusuke's version and anime are following the original, I say don't expect much (look at mob100 it started great but if we look at the manga from beginning until the end the development became less intersting the more chapters came out, and the ending wasn't that intersting...) so I am just hoping that they don't ruin the anime any further (like the animation) and hope One doesn't give the manga a disappointing ending like he did with mob100

8. Sir Koopa6000

Sir Koopa6000 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Bald Cape and Caped Badly are both correct depending on the translation

9. Shiro-Tensei

Shiro-Tensei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Caped Baldy? Though I agree that cape is bad...:blobrofl:

11. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    hm...i still enjoyed it so far...

i actually don't remember much details from manga...but the major scene still happen, like Garo defeated Mumen and Charanko...
    then Saitama visited them at hospital there he decided to replace Charanko at the tournament

the Saitama meet Garo at the wig shop is still happening...so if they omitted something from the manga, it probably nothing significant that can change the story flow... like others had said, this arc is really long.... i hope they won't delete the scene where Saitama house get destroyed (probably won't since this is the reason he moved to A city)

i see the preview, Metal Bat sister also make appearance...so i think this 2nd season is still good

12. Alva Quinn

Alva Quinn 『0→1』『The Servant』

Reading List:
    Link
    To me, the show's still doing fine. The memorable things of S2 appear to be less than S1, but it's still good in general.

Wujigege likes this.
  13. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Not everyone has unlimited budget like Netflix.
    So temper your expectations.