Japan It's Not Funny Anymore

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wujigege, May 19, 2019.

1. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Wujigege likes this.
  2. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha, the issue is that the rant is being dismissed on unreasonable grounds. After all, he pointed out what he loved about Japan before the rant. You also have others turning it into a political debate.
    I don't think anyone can say smoking is good.
    I might not agree with everything that he said but everything he said is reasonable.
    You attack the arguments not the person.
    It shows your lack of confidence in winning an argument when you attack the other person

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  3. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is 100% nostalgia and respect for the elders. DB is no way better than OP.

OP is a way better story than DB and it isn't even close. Hell out of the big three the worst one bleach is better than DB.

ongoingwhy likes this.
  4. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I beg to differ.
    I enjoyed Dragon Ball.
    Maybe you should watch the anime.
    Many have watched DBZ but not DB

5. waleuska

Reading List:
    Link
    enjoying it means nothing. Most manga took for DB and tried to make it better.

6. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha, I think I will take the word of accomplished critics over someone who blindly ignores the opinions of others.

Well, I love One Piece but even I have to admit that on some levels it is an acquired taste: Bon-chan, Ivanov, etc. While Dragon Ball is more universally acceptable
    but let us agree to disagree.
    Over and out

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  7. waleuska

Reading List:
    Link
    wait who are these critics that think DB is better than one piece?

Universally acceptable? Op have destroyed every record compare to DB and not only that but is going strong.

8. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    You know that we adjust box office for inflation for a reason right?

1 million in 1980 is like 10 million today.
    Anyway, it's fine. You prefer One Piece.
    Personally, I dropped it because there is no end in sight.
    Gives me the same feeling as Golgo 13

9. waleuska

Reading List:
    Link
    That is all find and good. you said you know critics that think DB is better than OP can you like them?

10. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not sure what your question is but the link above on Kotaku is an example

11. waleuska

Reading List:
    Link
    wait do you think this guy is an accomplished critics? Which critics beside this moron think DB is better than OP

12. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Ad hominem attacks do not make your point.
    Just Google it.
    Ben Hur is considered a blockbuster but without inflation adjustment it didn't make up to $100 million.
    Now you have more theatres, you can release in China etc.
    If One Piece and Dragon Ball were released at the same time. I am quite confident that Dragon Ball will be the more popular. It was so popular that they made a Korean movie in 1990 , an unlicensed movie lol.
    One Piece also had a slow start and got better after Gear Second came about in my opinion. Naruto use to destroy it in the ratings

13. waleuska

Reading List:
    Link
    lol.

One piece would have destroy DB if it came out at the same time. One piece in japan was number 1 since it came out against way better competition. HXH, Naruto, Bleach, The Prince of Tennis, Fullmetal Alchemist ect.... Do not compare one piece with the west release. Japan have loved it since it came out.

Just say you like action. DB have better action and that is what you like. Because comparing story telling One piece destroys DB as a story.

14. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Now you are just pulling stuff out of your ass. Look at the sales for the manga, One Piece was not number 1 at the beginning.
    One Piece did not start out strong at all.
    It simply got better and better when stories like Bleach started out very strongly and became crap.
    Naruto also started out strongly then became emo crap

15. HarutoraRyu

HarutoraRyu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "My point of view is the only valid point of view" "My opinion is the only valid opinion" "My ideals are the only valid ideals" "My cultural practices are the only valid cultural practice" and we could go on...these people don't realize how similar they are to some certain group of people

16. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly, that is not the case here since the author first pointed out what he loved about Japan and spending decades to learn the language.
    He is not the only one criticizing Japan, even the Japanese government has admitted that they have the same problems
    If you dismiss opinions from a non-Japanese maybe you won't dismiss one from a respected member of the Japanese media industry
    https://soranews24.com/2014/01/30/g...strys-problem-is-that-its-full-of-anime-fans/

17. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oof, this is long... I stopped midway through the article, but uhn... From the parts I read...

It seems like he isn't good at communicating with people, like, really, it seems like he just doesn't know how to politely ask for something. Nor does he seem good at getting his idea across to his boss.

He also seems to hate smoke and drinking as much as I do, which is... Well, understandable. Seems like it's an annoying problem he has to deal with.

He also seems pretty bothered by the lack of vegetarian food there... Which is something most people don't care about, but I suppose he does, understandable.

His view on Anime on the other hand is totally biased, dumb and made with 0 research. That was ridiculous.

And I guess he works with videogames, but I dunno what his problems with Japanese videogames is because he didn't start elaborating into it even though I already read a lot of his rant.

I'll read the rest later I guess.

18. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I will admit that he was harsh on One Piece but lets be honest, the quality of anime has dropped.
    One Piece is my opinion got popular when Robin and Nami chests went up two cup sizes

19. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    So... You want the cover of a shoujo LN that isn't on a school setting (since you know, girls use miniskirts in school, it's part of the uniform).

Sure, let me link you the one I'm translating, shouldn't be hard to find more, you just need to look at pretty much any non-school setting shoujo.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Of course you won't find this kind of thing if you look at shounen harem LNs, but that's because you're looking at the wrong genre... >.>

20. Lushwf

Lushwf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Another interesting read to see what Japanese think of western games for a change. Haha..
    https://www.wired.com/2010/09/western-games-japan/

My favourite line from the article:
    "What Japanese Gamers Want ————————-

Japanese gamers have very specific tastes, often embracing the polar opposite of what sells in the rest of the world. Open-world games like Fallout and Grand Theft Auto emphasize the player's freedom to do whatever he wants, which doesn't fly in Japan.

"They want a guided experience," says Campbell. "They want their hands held. They want the familiar. They don't want new. When you go against that, they get angry."