Japan It's Not Funny Anymore

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wujigege, May 19, 2019.

1. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I never denied that office parties, pachinko etc weren't true. They are true, I just don't think it's anything to write home about. So you're forced to drink or feel left out? So what? That's part of their culture, if you aren't comfortable with it, leave? Which is exactly what he did. There were a lot of things ingrained in Japanese culture that he was not comfortable with, so he left. There are a lot of things in the western world that would piss off non westerners too, it's part of culture clash. That doesn't make your complaints about them valid, it just means it far exceeds what you are used to/comfortable with. There is no right or wrong in culture. Do I think it's weird that Japanese people are so anal about minding your own business? Yeah, it's weird. But I'm not gonna sit here and write a multi thousand word article about how it's wrong lol This "minding your own business" stuff is a serious problem too, it's one of the main reasons why you often see girls getting groped on trains and no one does anything about it.

2. Lushwf

Lushwf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Except none of the linked articles were anything more than an attack on other countries to prove how Japan is better, or less full of pedophiles. It was something I directly responded to, I just parsed the thread and it was only there that I saw any kind of sources.

Guess what, it hadn't anything to do with the original article.

Now you're calling me a liar, fuck off.

3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    You were the one that said nobody backed their arguments with sources nor replied to the work-related parts of his article, not my fault if your argument was plain and simply untruthful. *shrugs*

And nobody here thinks Japan is better than other countries I think? (Well, it's certainly better than countries in Civil War or that people die of starvation, but that holds true for almost all countries in the world anyways)

And again, the original article had 0 sources and was fully opinionated, I can't really use a source to disprove an opinion, I can use it to disprove false statements though.

4. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what? you aren't even playing the same game.

My point have been that one piece is better than DB. To show you that i showed how OP in Japan have been number 1 for a long time. Your only counter is this moron who wrote an stupid article and a link with four kids.

Also OP had harder competition and had to face the internet age.

5. HarutoraRyu

HarutoraRyu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You do realize that in general, japanese public and that includes media, considers anime fans to be degenerates? Not that i disagree with them, my point is even if it is from a respected media presenter or a reporter it is still heavily biased due to the way japanese society works.

6. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Understandable. Geeks and Nerds used to be considered as losers but with NEET and violent hikikomoris, you can't really blame them.
    The issue I have with the thread is that you have a group staunchly defending Japan as if the problems are made up.
    The criticism I added was from Hayao Miyazaki. I don't think you can consider him biased.
    We can play semantics and say that everyone is biased but that's a pointless discussion.
    Japan has real problems, smoking for one.
    And like most countries people rather attack others instead of the problems

7. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personal smoking is never a problem, unless it is underage smoking. I don't smoke, but I firmly believe that adults can choose whatever death they want. Personally I think it, alchohol, and drugs are a massive and pointless waste of money but it should be their choice not other peoples.

8. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Second hand smoking is the main reason why it is not simply a personal issue.

otaku31 likes this.
  9. Vanidor

Reading List:
    Link
    Good thing I never moved to a country with no public bans on smoking then like the idiot in the original post did. I mean that feels a bit suicidal.

10. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha he is not an idiot. He is probably a bigger otaku/anime fan than you are.
    He spent 20 years learning Japanese and then did an accurate dub of Final Fantasy game, fixing all the issues cost by conversations lost in translation
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/4941941/

11. HarutoraRyu

HarutoraRyu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Smoking is a problem in every country. All the govt. are slaves of corporations, tobacco corporations are one of them. Alcohol is another and not to mention narcotics like products refined from opium. If Govt.s all over the world cared about public health they would have directly banned production, distribution and consumption of these things.

But i think we moved far away from the actual topic......

12. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    It's one thing to laugh and have fun with WTF Japan videos, anime and games. It's also a great place to visit, it's another thing to live there, I'd be salty too, just reading this monster article pissed me off. Sure that's just the authors opinion, but I know enough about Japanese and Asian culture that a lot of it is true.

13. Vanidor

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh he's definitely a bigger one than I am. I have little interest (not zero, but little) in anime and almost none in Japanese, Chinese or Korean culture outside of their novels (and most culture in them are made up anyway). Never played Final Fantasy so wasn't aware there was a problem. And moving somewhere you like 3 things about, but hate everything else about, and are risking your health, doesn't sound like a smart move in my opinion.

I also wouldn't move to Chernobyl just because I liked the local cabbage recipe, could just be me though. Learning a language is cool though!