Discussion Advice for M-tl

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by one eye, May 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. one eye

one eye Aspire to became NEET

Reading List:
    Link
    Any advice for first time to read om M tl?
    (sofware, type story,etc)

2. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
    Lokumi likes this.
  3. ughughugh

ughughugh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Give it time. It's definately not for everyone and certain things details will be missed, but I find once you get used to it enough that it will be a similar exprience to normal TL when you are in the zone. Also, if you use LNMTL, go for books that have been on the site longer and are more popular because they would have more terms suggested. The last advice that comes to mind is that if you are reading an mtl, if possible, even if there are only 20 chapters out, read the tl first to get a better sense for the terms and the world. This might be a bit counterproductive though if the mtl uses different terms for book concepts like cultivation levels, at least for the start.

4. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    is more like a summary......on lnmtl is a little better but it isn't anywhere near normal TL

5. Random lurker

Random lurker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    my advice is don't

edit: it's more productive to learn the language than to fry your brain

6. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    not convincing with that meme as avi....:blob_patpat:

Lokumi likes this.
  7. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Brace yourself because you are in for a hard time and a trip full of hills :blobalert:

8. Lokumi

Lokumi 『The second greatest trash of society』

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't read MTL because I really can't, the cancer is too strong BUT I have seen people asking the same as you so I'll give the answer I saw:
    Google translate work well (relatively, but most of "mtl-translator" use that (or they buy a program, but that in the case of the one who edit before posting)).
    Some guys (I actually saw it only once) like to use 2 online translators and read it two time like this they have less chance to read an absolutely wrong TL.
    Anyway good luck !

Kuro_0ni likes this.
  9. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess it's more about preference. If you are fine with getting a gist of the story and if your not put off with bad English grammar. I assume google translate is fine.

The thing depends on what languages you are translating from. Google seems fairly decent if its either Chinese to English or Japanese to English. The only thing though is you will tend to lose deeper meanings in the story, like idioms, or native puns and stuff.

Lokumi likes this.
  10. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    expect brain damage. :p

Lokumi likes this.
  11. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    If it's a Chinese novel I recommend reading it on LNMTL or ComradeMao if it's on either of those sites.

I personally like reading on LNMTL and I make terms as I go along to improve the readability of the novel in the future

Example of a term would be like:
    云澈 -> Yun Che

Then every time 云澈 appears in the raw text it will be translated as “Yun Che” 100% of the time regardless of what the translation software might have translated it as otherwise so it helps with translation consistency a lot

Femme Fatale likes this.
  12. Cloudseeker

Cloudseeker Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you plan to read on MTL then it would be better to do so with a new novel. Sometimes continuing with a TL novel can be tough since names, and places night not remain the same.

13. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    I would actually say the opposite, because it's hard to get into reading MTL at first I found it a lot easier continuing a novel I was already reading from where the translation was at because I was into the novel enough to give me motivation to soldier through MTL to read it.

Nowadays I start new novels with MTL but that's only after I was used to it for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.