Discussion GoT finale reminded me of ZTJ

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by HC, May 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HC

HC I eat, read, die

Reading List:
    Link
    watching the end of the characters that we learned to love in Game of Thrones, despite their naivety and cruelty, reminded me of the unsatisfying, but rightful, ends of the characters in Ze Tian Ji. And now, im torturing myself by rereading the ending chapters for ZTJ characters :blob_teary::blob_teary:

Finalbeta likes this.
  2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Arrogant young master? Check.
    People coughing up blood? Check.

3. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    That comparison is more valid than you might think. ZTJ had a rushed ending because of Mao Ni’s family’s health issues and a fallout with the fans. GoT had a rushed ending because the producers/writers signed with Disney for a new Star Wars trilogy and were crazy to make that sweet money, so they just wrapped things up ASAP even though HBO offered them as many seasons as they wanted.

AKIKAN, Donutmindme and Lokumi like this.
  4. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically I have to wait until the last two volumes are completed and published?!:eek: To finally get all the loose threads untangled in the plot?!:cry:

Lokumi likes this.
  5. HC

HC I eat, read, die

Reading List:
    Link
    The TV series strayed away from the book in the final seasons, but i think the flow of events or the overall feeling for the ending will be the same. Although, i will expect that the journey of how the characters get to those ends will be presented way better than the abrupt changes and ending the series gave.

userunfriendly likes this.
  6. Caudyr

Caudyr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You sure about this? Cause I'm pretty sure the ending was planned several years ago, and this was probably even filmed by the time they did the last season as well, I'm guessing. Granted, I know that it could be the case...but...I have never heard of anything on this front, lol.

Then again, it's not like I read the news or browse news articles on random news sites on the internet...so...I could've easily missed it. *shrugs*

7. Chronos Bee

Chronos Bee Descendant of Sloth

Reading List:
    Link
    The internet is on fire after the last episode and I'm here, waiting for the books to come out:blobpopcorn_cool:

Deleted member 341214 and Lokumi like this.
  8. xluferx

xluferx [The writer who writes for fun][Meme lord]

Reading List:
    Link
    Your tell me about it, Twitter is a mine rich on salt.:blob_coffee:

Kuro_0ni likes this.
  9. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    :confused: Huh?

10. Lokumi

Lokumi 『The second greatest trash of society』

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read on internet that G.R.R.Martin agreed with the end of the TV show (-> Tho it's seemed more like a rumor).
    But yeah we will have to wait for the book to be written. But the writer is quite old (70+) with health problem and he take so much time to write one book that he might die before finishing :'( (even though there is only 2 book lefts I think) !

AKIKAN and userunfriendly like this.
  11. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankfully I stopped reading after the 'Pope' assassination arc, because from what I gather from your words, the ending was unsatisfactory or utterly painful to read. I shall treasure the memories, never knowing the future.

12. Lokumi

Lokumi 『The second greatest trash of society』

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you talking about ZTJ ?
    If you're talking about ZTJ it's worth it to read until the end.
    (Though if you want to read until the end, stop 1-2 chapter before the official end. You'll get what I means when you got there !)

13. Daisydacrazy

Daisydacrazy !!

Reading List:
    Link
    So mad at that. The ending was all written out but they crammed 2 more seasons into one season and I'm so mad
    The ending was planned several years ago. However, the ending wasn't supposed to come until season 10. They rushed the ending cause the two brothers signed with Disney. Now I'm just here. Floating around in dispair

14. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    It was so heart wrenching. I could see it coming too.

15. KarrayGreyjoy

KarrayGreyjoy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was just so sad, I don't even want to act like it happened at all...

16. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just to make sure where talking about the same ZTJ. You mean Way of Choices, yes? If so, at least tell me, was the romance kept safe and not rushed badly? Just respond with a yes or no, and why without spoilers.

17. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    The end to ZTJ was fitting, last 2 chapters included. I had no problems with it, although I know people that do. My point is that the last arc was rushed as hell, as were the endings of a few of the secondary characters.

The romance is safe, but very subtle. You will not know how far it developed if you don’t read between the lines and pay attention to the chapters after 1100.

18. HC

HC I eat, read, die

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree that the ending of ZTJ was fitting only a bit unsatisfying because you cant help but feel sad of the endings of some characters.

Although im disappointed about the setting of sacred light continent in the end. It does not seem as strong as it was describe early on.

Romance is okay. The build up was great, and while the ending was rushed, it also seems fitting given their personalities, and also because its not the focus of the novel.

Well ZTJ just reminded me of GoT, because the characters are well fleshed out. They have their own principles that they stood for until the end. Not completely black or white. The "villains" started with good intentions but in the end, they have to suffer the consequences of their actions.

19. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He said in an interview one or two years ago, that his ending won't be that much different than the show's ending. He said he had given the showrunners D&D the main plot points of major characters 3-4 years ago. He specifically said that the ending of the minor characters will be very different. Also keep in mind that he has been writing for 8 years, who knows if his mind may change about a character.
    Yes.
    It wasn't painful or unsatisfactory but clearly rushed. But even then it was better than most of the CN novels. Though it wasn't at the level of the rest of the book, it certainly isn't the wreck that GOT became.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  20. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the TV show is way ahead of the books and it was mentioned many times from the shows producers that GRR told them about what the ending would be

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.