Question how many novels MC's have fat best friends

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by ajhearne, May 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajhearne

ajhearne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so I'm just curious how many novels can be named where the mc has a fat best friend

2. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    well they are not a MC unless they have a fat best friend, chinese novel rules and all.

Maelstrom08, otaku31, Moy and 2 others like this.
  3. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nine out of ten are also exceptionally full of themselves and from a (relatively) rich clan.

4. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it would be easier to ask which cultivation novels don't have a fat best friend.

Cream and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  5. Wildly_Laughing

Wildly_Laughing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean there are ones with a best friend that isn't fat?!!

But....wouldn't that mean they'd be competition in stealing the hearts of all the beauties that the MC wants in his harem??

Lol

vlue, Moy, Cream and 1 other person like this.
  6. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    All the posts above said everything I wanted to say or thought of saying, so there is your answer, fatty and novels about cultivation, walks hand in hand

otaku31 likes this.
  7. Cream

Cream Cream

Reading List:
    Link
    Theories on why the best friend is fat:
    1. The fat best friend is a trope, and the author is an uncreative person who uses existing tropes as a framework for all his characters.
    2. The best friend can't be better than Supreme Being MC-sama. The fatness is to take the best friend down a notch.
    3. The loyal best friend needs to support MC-sama in times of need. By having a fat stomach, the friend's belly can act as a pillow for MC-sama in times of exhaustion.
    4. The loyal best friend is actually going to play the role of sacrificial lamb and jump in front of an arrow meant for MC. This can only be accomplished with a larger body, since the bigger the shield the higher chance of successfully blocking the attack.
    5. The MC has a harem of 100 jade beauties. If the best friend is too swoon-worthy, that might threaten MC's harem. Hence, the existence of a fat best friend with less sex appeal.
    Funnily enough, pretty much all female MC cultivation novels don't feature fat best friends. It seems to just be a Male MC cultivation novel thing.

8. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel that this goes all the way back to Zhu Bajie from Journey to the West so it's been around for a while.

9. Kuro_0ni

Kuro_0ni Cocooned in a Life transition

Reading List:
    Link
    The first time I read OPs title I thought you meant fat as in their filthy rich fat. And not the obese type of fat.

10. LeonJames

LeonJames New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novels with an MC that uses their fists?
    Looking for some new novel ideas. I've read a good deal of the old/new novels out there, and there's usually great variety with weapons, but a lack of MC's that use their fists. I was looking for any recommendations that would fit this criteria.
    Thank you!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.