Recommendations Someone to rely on

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Foxnine, May 21, 2019.

1. Foxnine

Foxnine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m looking for romance novels, with female lead. I finished reading Full Marks Hidden Marriage: Pick Up a Son, Get a Free Husband. After I finished reading it I was hit with a longing with something similar. The male lead being somewhat of a knight in shining armor. I’m a little girl at heart lol.

So what I would like is a:

Male lead who falls in love first
    Is doting
    Doesn’t have to be overbearing
    Saves the female when she’s in trouble even if she really doesn’t need it.
    Can be in any setting modern, historical, etc.

2. Cream

Cream Cream

Reading List:
    Link
  3. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link

4. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    DivkFmlUYAE_dyI.jpg Get it? Cuz his name is Patriarch Reliance. Hahahaha, kill me now
    Jokes aside go read Shini Yasui which is one of the few good otome isekai novels out there.

5. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get the joke, sorry, but hey a giant flying tortoise and there is whole city on it too, cool

6. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're missing out on one of the best MCs out there. You haven't seen a stingy scammer until you see Meng Hao that even Cale Henituse pales in comparison

7. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    I read Renegade Immortal but not I Shall Seal the Heavens, perhaps I will read it (because of the tortoise)

8. Foxnine

Foxnine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m currently reading genius doctor, very good novel. The second I believe I dropped it for some reason either the releases stopped or something, I’ll pick it back up. Third, I’ll definitely read it. Thank you ^^

Cream likes this.
  9. Cream

Cream Cream

Reading List:
    Link
    If you end up liking The Male Lead's Villainess Fiancee, I also highly recommend Return of the Female Knight.

Foxnine likes this.
  10. Hoshiandme

Hoshiandme A Wandering Star Who Watches From Afar

Reading List:
    Link
    When I saw your post’s title. I thought you were asking for someone.
    I was about offer myself up, and if you were a boy, maybe sparks fly and romance shall ensue~

11. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My Disciple Died Yet Again has a cute romance. Not exactly what you want, since the ML is too dense to have fallen first. But at least he’s doting!?

If you like manga, this is relatively new and super cute, too:
    https://mangadex.org/title/23439/tonikaku-cawaii
    That’s the second novel reference you haven’t gotten in as many hours. Tsk, tsk.

12. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I guess :blobsweat:

13. nightcore34

nightcore34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. c3ltic

c3ltic . . .

Reading List:
    Link
    Ancient Setting:
    Xian Wang Dotes On Wife: one of my favorite ancient transmigration stories. MC and ML are devoted to each other. He falls in love first and chased her for three years before she even realized he was interested (though you don't see this part). 80+ chapters translated. Of the ones I have, I think this one fits the most, but I will include others.

The Doctress with Healing Hands: Your Highness, Please Behave Yourself: With only 22 chapters translated, I am not sure how it will progress. But those 22 chapters have me hooked right now. MC seems smart, ML appears doting.

The Beloved Imperial Consort: 56 chapters translated. MC is kind of dense in realizing the ML's feelings, she keeps trying to be the understanding concubine. It is funny the way her 'understanding' is off the mark.

Modern Setting: (strangely these are all on QI/webnovel.)
    The Famous Painter is the CEO's Wife: original novel in webnovel/QI. They actually knew of each other long before they met (MC is best friends with ML's sister) and once they met he fell hard, and becomes her knight.

Murder the Dream Guy: Romance is secondary, but the story is fast paced and interesting.

The Empress' Live Stream: this one is a mishmash of genres and I am not sure about the romance. It has been awhile since I read it.

If you read Full Marks, did you read Trial Marriage?

I may have more on my list that I'm forgetting. Feel free to check it out.

15. hope6

hope6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Nuinui

Nuinui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was going to reply earlier, but I'm a lazy bum who fell asleep and took a nap...

I'm surprised no one recommended Ding Mo's novels yet, especially When A Snail Falls in Love. Her MCs and MLs tend to be older and more mature, so there isn't a lot of face-slapping or outside drama. Most of the tension comes from the plot. (Not every one of the MLs in her novels fall in love first, but they're all very doting.) I like her novels a lot, because she takes time with the romance and allows it to develop naturally, all while maintaining focus on the plot still.

A Slight Smile is Very Charming - It has some video game emphasis, but the story does shift to them being physically together.