Recommendations Gender Equality

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by TheImperfectGirl_994, May 22, 2019.

1. TheImperfectGirl_994

TheImperfectGirl_994 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it's just the novels that I've read but I've notice something about them.

When the protagonist of the novel is a male, there seems to be more male villains and more friendly girls (and vise versa), the male population seems to get dumber and always tries to pick a fight with the protagonist while the female population is always friends with the protagonist.

I'm reading a not romance novel with a male hero (that is very likeable) and everytime I just want him to get along with this male guy (like in a friend way), the guy always get angry at the protagonist with a dumb reason... And they always fight. (Of course, he does have some male friends but almost all of the girls in the series is his friends)

Then there's this one time where a girl is supposed to be from an enemy clan but she developed an interest towards the male protagonist.

It's annoying me and I want to know if there's a novel where there's gender equality, where there's more male friends and more female enemies (and vise versa)

I don't know if it's because I'm reading too much yaoi and that's the reason why I'm so bothered by this but this also happens in novels where the protagonist is female.

Fulminata and otaku31 like this.
  2. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    you want men to kill women?

what a brave twat you are

Tofu Cat, otaku31 and Kingloli229 like this.
  3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless the MC starts including males in his harem, I don't see that happening...

And a female enemy is always one f**k away from being friendly.

And let's not forget the recently trending category of male friendships too close 4 comfort.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    MorselaGracia and Sabruness like this.
  4. miguelco

miguelco Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It really is difficult find a novel with a male protagonist and female villain, i really thought that i would knew at least one but the times where a villainess appear she somehow get interested in the hero in a way or another... now i'm really curious about one with no such thing

5. Edy3

Edy3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Trash of the Count’s Family
    I found it from the rare novels that the number of males and females are reasonable, there are more male friends and the females don't fall in love with the MC directly. But sorry there is not much females enemies

Cosmic_, Nuinui and Vanidor like this.
  6. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean yea, if she clearly has the intention and the mean to kill you, killing her in self defense is totally legit

7. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She said she reads yaoi in the post, so the male mc’s harem would only have men.

otaku31 likes this.
  8. Lantyne

Lantyne [Apathetic Syndrome Stage 5] [Incurable] [Doom]

Reading List:
    Link
    sometimes i want to read some healthy bromance too and actual female villain that got slain in savage way. though thats kinda hard to find... some bromance were so... fake its like they're only there for show, not much in helping the mc. its practically the other way, would it kill if they help the mc with the plot rather than leeching off MC's opness? and most fem villain either ended up being in MC's bed or somehow got sad tear jerking story reader ended up sympathizing and she survived anyway or she would get some plot armor rivaling the MC and she still wont be dead after tons of chapter.

Cosmic_ likes this.
  9. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    I can write one that has no influence by Gender Bias. but as for finding them... good luck.

10. asaade

asaade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah you read too much yaoi thats why, you're probably fantasising the mc will have a romantic relationship with a guy, that can only happen in BL novels, if its not a BL novel dont expect the male mc will have a lot of dude around him

11. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    If only MC's would stop raping female villains and just outright kill them like they do all the other victims....Or just outright letting them go SOLELY because of their gender...You could just, you know, kill em like all the others?

rhianirory likes this.
  12. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Straight up killing them is still a million times better than those stories where the protagonist actually rapes the female villians. Like seriously the author always tries to push it as something that is just and deserved, but no, fuck no what is wrong with you, are you psychotic. Rape is evil, if you do it then you are evil, you can't claim that your protagonist is the good guy if he goes around fucking raping his enemies. So either own up and write an actual evil protagonist, or don't make the hero fucking rape people retard.

13. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't think I've ever read an Asian online novel where there's a male MC and ultimate female villain (unless a Zerg Queen counts- aliens are always Zerg in Chinese novels). nor have i read one where he treats any woman as an equal rival. depending on genre, woman exist to be repeatedly saved, romanced and collected. even if they start out as bad guys woman are almost never killed by the male MC as that would be a waste of a "conquered" female, but they might, very rarely, be killed by one of his love interest(s) instead.
    you want stories where women are treated the same a men than yes, so far Trash of the Counts Family would count. or you could read something like My House of Horrors where men and woman are equally treated as either guests to increase his scream count or employees.

Fulminata likes this.
  14. c3ltic

c3ltic . . .

Reading List:
    Link
    Novels on here? I can't think of any. Novels in general? Yes. I can think of three series off the top of my head that have female antagonists.

One of them, the female was the serial killer, the man the detective with an... unhealthy relationship with her. (Chelsea Cain, Heartsick)

15. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    /* stands here and wonders if he was right about the OP’s question being about Romances, yaoi and straight, as he watches the thread fill with rape and murder replies */

16. Mazino

Mazino The final chapter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Read any tang jia novel or the guy who writes Tales of Demons and Gods, the enemies are competent and there are relatively good reasoning for each conflict and relationship.

17. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Royal-Inquisitor

Royal-Inquisitor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dont read WEB NOVEL

19. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List: