Recommendations Glasscannon protagonists

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by SoulZer0, May 22, 2019.

1. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah. Too focused on the cocky personality rather than huge damage output and low def. My mistake .

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  2. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    And im also a biased kazuma fangirl.
    Kazuma is love kazuma is life.

3. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    He is sometimes cocky and let power get into his head but its rly heartwarming when he actually and finally decided to help someone despite all that.

4. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    ??
    Is he strong or not?

5. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Or tsundere-poi/like as they say

6. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    I just like his reaction to pretty much everything

7. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    You never read this one before ? The mc occupation is a knight but he got 0 affinity with sword, yet if it's magic, he legit can learn spell just from the corner of his eyes, but his occupation dictates him to never use it, ever.
    Personality wise, he is cunning but also kind . Now the only problem is how limited his baddass moment is because he gotta hide those powa i think. Been so long since the last time ive read it

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  8. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    THEN GO FOR SUN KNIGHT, MY MAN. GO FOR IT .

9. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't change his occupation?

10. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    I will

11. Maid Chan

Maid Chan [Professional]

Reading List:
    Link
    He's kind of a public figure. the sun KNIGHT. Using magic is a contradictory. It's rly a comedy.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  12. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes.
    he goes and collects these ancient powers because he's scared of pain, but his body can't really handle actually using them; as in he uses them and starts coughing up blood and passes out. he's a good leader, for all he says he wants to live a lazy life, and he basically collects the main OP protagonist, a baby dragon and a bunch of other strong people. the others can do all kinds of crazy-powerful things but he himself is fairly weak at the moment. it's possible in the future he might sort out the problems with his body but as of the most recent chapter he's faking most of it.

13. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    So, what? cheap tricks that leave lots of emotional damage, those leave lots of deep wounds that may or may not.
    Maid Chan gave a good explanation, but nevertheless, I will explain as well:
    There are twelve holy knights, each serving a holy purpose (direct servers of gods like popes or cardinals maybe? either way, it is a holy position for each one, as each of them represent their church and god)cardinal the MC Grisia is the legendary sun knight the greatest of knights serving the sun god, having shining golden hair, sky blue eyes, a compassionate nature, and a brilliant smile, that is the sun kight, well, at least appearence wise.
    Each holy knight is strong in their own field, like the judge knight who gives judgements and is very strong, and also a close friend of the sun knight, this latter, famous for being the 'best' of the holy knights (at least his predecessor was), is only a pretty guy with lots of magic but low constitution, and likes to laze around and candy a lot.
    He is bad with physical training (like with swords which he should be good at but is actually not) that is why he have low stamina (but he is very good at hiding his pain and expressions, the sun knight must always smile, never show pain or any sort of weakness) and won't last long in a melee battle(actually he won't last one move), fortunatelly, he is strong at magic (his strongest point) and is also quite smart and loves playing pranks (bad ones) on those who don't 'agree' with him.

14. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, I don't remember MC of Sun Knight being glass cannon, but it's been years since I've read it. From what I can remember, he fits the bill to a degree. I feel like he's the type who cannot climb a flight of stairs.

Also, I think there's a manga if you're interested in that.

Overall:
    • rather comedic (but never slapstick comedy style), but does get serious and emotional at times
    • fantasy setting where most countries (IIRC) are based around some religion
    • pretty interesting storyline IMO

Translator:
    Prince Revolution does really good translations. No major grammatical mistakes or typos that deter understanding (not even sure if there's any small ones TBH). Well worded English; no awkward phrases AFAIK.

Details:
    The MC is one of twelve knights of a church for...the God of Light (I think that was his god's name?).
    The twelve knights are essentially roles that are passed down to each generation (not necessarily a family branch and generally not).
    Each knight is supposed to act and look a certain way (so successors may be chosen based on appearance) as well as have certain skills. This is based on what the first generation of the knights acted like. When they take the role, they are essentially their role (ex. MC is The Sun Knight) and not really their individual person (ex. MC's name is Grisia) at least in public.
    Essentially, each generation holds onto these roles until their successor is old enough and ready to take their position. After that, they can live however they want. So, in a way, they cannot "change their occupation" per say.

15. Lirikan

Lirikan [Charming Mollusca] [Cephalopoda Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Super god gene

16. midnightloon

midnightloon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link