How to react to racist remarks?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Blazingprincess, May 23, 2019.

1. placeholder45

placeholder45 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try: "Why are you saying that? Why do you think it's funny?"

2. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i dunno what the fuck blasian is, sounds like a mix between a black and and an asian, but thats aside....I mean why shoul I give a damn about racist remarks? I'm indian, living in arizona, one of the most racist states in the U.S apparently, and i've heard a few racist words directed at me...but its like why give a damn about words alone? In that situation I would've still give that dude the high five since it looks like he wasnt being mean at least from how you told it.

Its similar to "whats up nigga!" and people usually wouldn't get mad at that, eh?

No need to make things awkward and look like a sensitive cunt by just ignoring him. Not saying you're a sensitive cunt, fam, you just didnt know how to handle the situation and so you made this thread to lean how. But thats how it can be looked at. I dont think anyone was right or wrong in that case. And me, imma lax dude too so if someone came with a high five i'd slap that hand no matter what they said. .

The second situation was worse, tho, and you'd have to tell the bitch that stuff aint cool. Though, to me, pulling her eyes aint anything big either. But its objectively worse and people are all different so maybe you'd care about it more than i would.

You gotta remember lot of people are just fucking idiots and do things without thinking. They arent being INTENTIONALLY mean so why get offended...is my take on the matter? If we got offended at every stupid little thing then we ARE sensitive little cunts. How we handle things like that are important. Don't need to let something minscule ruin our day.

Yeah. I dont get mad at people being stupid, i get mad at people who are really racist and walk away when i sit next to them or ignore me when I try being nice. THATS what you should be offended by, not words said by people who're just immature and idiotic.

3. thepope

thepope Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh man it depends. First, if you know them better, it could be a form of nickname - and that's not a bad thing if others have one too. It's not always annoying, and if it's for you, try first on a personal level WITHOUT others, why, because the offender might become stubborn under pressure from audiences like teacher etc., or when he / she is "more popular" in Class you get a backlash behind your back. Just talk about it the next time, and most people, even at this age, know what is right or wrong and leave it.

AliceShiki likes this.
  4. Nargol

Nargol Evangelist. Candy-san. Pope of the Cult of Pyoo

Reading List:
    Link
    Just tell them you're not comfortable with it. If they keep it up, tell them to fuck off.

If you take offense at this stuff, make sure to tell them. In their eyes, what they're doing probably isn't that bad since they don't mean anything by it.

If you just keep silent about it and expect them to read your mind, you're doing them a disservice too.

5. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    popular within the school, but if the country found out about her, well things might not go so well.

6. Royal-Inquisitor

Royal-Inquisitor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you can scheme behind his/her back lol nevermind i read to much cn novel

7. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Go with the flow when can be done to avoid crashing against the wave, but if it is unavoidable divert their path down a dam.

Translation: You can go along with it if you want to avoid conflict, but if you want them to stop than video tape them on your phone saying those racist things and post it either on Twitter or YouTube saying it. As why fight your own battle when an army of keyboard warriors will?

Harfang likes this.
  8. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    you should just ignore the guys one-off comment then throw him the high five and he will be either ok or confused, but the girl brings up some interesting points about her history. perhaps ask her about her "grandpa' and what he was like, really grill her about her " Blasian gramps"
    no it is not technically true, if you are prejudiced against someone because of THIER race regardless of your race, you are being a Racist

AliceShiki and GDLiZy like this.
  9. 222222

222222 12121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Reading List:
    Link
    If they're under 18, that's them being immature, not racist.

If they're over 18, they should know better, and is racist.

It's like an adult getting offended by shit kids says.

10. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    Ching chong? CHING CHONG?! TEACH THEM THE TRUE NIGHTMARE THAT IS MANDARIN!!

...you're Chinese, right? ...right?

11. AurionLute

AurionLute Actively Inactive Nonmember

Reading List:
    Link
    if you got blue check mark on twitter call them nazis and racist plus cry there I'm sure some "warriors" will help... or just accuse them for sexual harassment.

12. Blazingprincess

Blazingprincess Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yep

13. Jerry chicks

Jerry chicks Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah that’s how you get jumped.

14. rijimon17

rijimon17 Hope you can read the words

Reading List:
    Link
    When your Chinese girlfriend gives you a green hat.
    [​IMG] not everyone will get this, but some will.

Should probably mention (just In case someone tries to flame me for this. I didn't look at her profile so i didn't know she was female. However I will not take it down.):blobhero::blobhero::blobhero: TO BATTLE

And here's something to make you feel better. Possibly

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  15. Jerry chicks

Jerry chicks Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah blasian is what you generally call people who’re black and Asian.

16. J-Mitch

J-Mitch ⚖ Tipping the Scales of the World

Reading List:
    Link
    Racism is completely different from prejudice, because it’s systemic, as the -ism suffix connotes. Racism is a political, economic or social system in which a dominant race uses its power to oppress others of different races.

Hence why people would say, "black people can't be racist."

17. Capsize

Capsize Would you like to be isekai’d? ψ(`∇´)ψ

Reading List:
    Link
  18. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah ok, I can see why people would say "black people can't be racist" but that doesn't make it true.
    if someone is picking on OP because OP is specifically a different race than them. they are still being racist, prejudiced buttheads.

Lonelycity, AliceShiki and Capsize like this.
  19. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't had many racist things thrown at me, other than some dumbass asking me if I made bombs and another dumbass making fun of indian music (sounds weird but she made it racist. she was such a bitch...and obese.)

In both cases, I ignored them. Idgaf if they're offended by that, because I will almost certainly never see them again (10 years later, and so far I have not). People don't understand racism unless it is directed at them. what is ok to one group would not be ok in another. for example, not every one is ok with throwing around the N-word. however, the two people you talked about are clearly about as low as you can get on the scale in terms of intelligence and therefore should be ignored. /shrugs/ if I wasted my day thinking about what a dumbass said to me, I'd end up an anti-vaxxer or something.

>_> so yeh, ignore them or just tell them to knock it off. like I said, you'll probably never see these people again, outside of school or uni, or whatever you're going to now.

20. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    *lols* just blink at them and then go....Oh, I'm sorry. You were speaking to me? I couldn't understand what you were saying and didn't want to make you feel stupid because you were babbling. >.<

Joking aside, I just tend to ignore the racism/prejudice. With time, people like that learn to keep their stupid mouths shut or get punched or something. Be the better person. Focus on your goals for life and happiness. Those people are just flies.