Spoiler Mulan Has No Elder Brother

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by bibi, Dec 12, 2018.

1. bibi

bibi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  2. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    No romance tag

Shizun likes this.
  3. bibi

bibi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the only link, the 1st chapter, says it's not the focus, but it has a bit of romance.

midnight reader and kiara8 like this.
  4. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
  5. teaisgood

teaisgood Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @kiara8
    There are still a ton of chapters i’ve not read so the spoilers i can give are limited but i’ll try.
    -According to some comments I read, they don’t get together in the main story and only do so in the extras after the story ends.
    -I don’t know when Mulan reciprocates his feelings, since I haven’t gotten very far with the raws yet

Re: their past
    -The two were tent mates for a period of time. Ever so often, there would be those who’d try to sneak in at night and take advantage of Di, and Hua Mulan would inevitably wake up and help him fend off these people. Thanks to that, Hua Mulan became a light sleeper and rumors that Di and Hua were a couple began to spread. Sometimes, while Mulan was training soldiers, she’d receive hateful stares for “sullying” the army’s goddess
    -At that time, Hua Mulan thought that while Di had a poisonous tongue and an eccentric temper, he was unexpectedly easy to get along, and liked how he had a stronger sense of hygiene than a lot of the other guys (she’d had enough of the strange smells that’d appear in the camps). She also figured that with him as a shield, people would focus their attention on him and not her and that’s good for keeping her identity as a woman safe.
    -Di rued the fact that he couldn’t beat Mulan in a fight and was envious of Mulan’s incredible strength but other than that he liked that Mulan didn’t try to take advantage of him like the others, and didn’t have strange smells coming off her. He also respected her personality.
    -When Mulan met a soldier who became a fanboy after having his leather armor torn off by Mulan, Di started wondering if Mulan was into men after all, and then his thought process went something like: Wait, if Mulan is into men, how come he has never showed interest in me? > What if he’s interested in men, but just not interested in me? > ...wait a sec why am I even thinking about this?!
    -Later he got transferred, so they went separate ways

6. Nanashy

Nanashy Scarybun of Horror

Reading List:
    Link
    I want this to be trandlated! Why no one wants to translate suchcool novels like this? :cry:

Nadelyn and _dreamlesscloud_ like this.
  7. Psytoxin

Psytoxin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any more spoilers please?

8. Refan25

Refan25 [The one on the back ground]

Reading List:
    Link
    This lord expected something about mulan from Chinese history but it was just a novel.:blobupset:This lord feel scammed.:blobconfounded:

9. Psytoxin

Psytoxin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoilers please....

10. chocolatechipcookie

chocolatechipcookie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy fudgw Hua Mulan actually suits Di, it's such a shame that someone took over her body.... I'm actually a bit frustrated now, please tell me that He Mulan is just really the reincarnated soul of Hua Mulan or else this really is a bummer. It sucks that He Mulan would be the one to experience the romance with Di in Hua Mulan's place...

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  11. Nanashy

Reading List:
    Link
    You do not seem to know how this type of stories work. When someone transmigrates they do it till the end of their life.
    Plus, He Mulan and Hua Mulan are different persons with different personalities and experiences. He Mulan might have a good relationship with the guy, but Hua Mulan might not. What He Mulan is doing in small occurences like communication and etc most surely was not exactly what Hua Mulan would have done/said.

midnight reader likes this.
  12. chocolatechipcookie

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I think it's possible that He Mulan might just be the reincarnated soul of Hua Mulan(since this is chinese I think it's possible, there are a lot of bizzare chinese novels, and a lot of "interesting" justification for things ex:in a cn with a world-hopping protagonist, the authors usually justify the protagonist falling in love with a person in each and every world as them being in reality just one person<basically one soul>)

Btw it's Hua Mulan that has a good relationship with Di(the guy) not He Mulan. I do know how these type of stories work, BUT usually the person who was been transmigrated into is an outright evil and an overall scummy character(or a really weak person who has no chance of living and is in need of revenge) which helps the reader(us) think that it's okay that he/she was transmigrated into but in this story it's different because the body(Hua Mulan) transmigrated into is a good person and is perfectly capable of living and has no intention of revenge.
    It'd be disappointing if this novel follows the trope/cliche of "these type of stories" which hopefully it would not since this has really good potential.

13. Nanashy

Reading List:
    Link
    You should check the novels Xiang Wang dotes on wife, A mistaken marriage match novels, Eight Treasures Trousseau, The Tang Dynasty’s female forensic doctor, To Be A Virtuous Wife, Golden Age Legitimate Fei, Picking Up a General to Plow the fields, Unruly Phoenix Xiaoyao, Disciple died yet again. The novels I listed are the one with transmigrated female protagonist. Some of the novels i listed are already finished, three of the books of Marriage match are wholly translated with each having a different MC. Disciple died yet again is finished, be a virtous wife is finished, eight tresasures trousseau - done. There are also several japanese novels with transmigrated female protagonists that are good, if you want i can recommend some.

The novels with a cookie cut godly former assasin or etc. MCs that are evil or keep sleeping with men are usually badly written with 2k+ chapters with lots of fillers just so that the authors can post and gain money for the characters(chinese letters) written.

As for Hua Mulan being with the good relationship, i somehow got the idea that Hu Mulan somehow managed to get in the past and live the life of Hua Mulan and try to win the battles. My mistake.

14. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm about 70% through this book so I can answer a few questions about it. It's not a romance novel so if you're looking for that, you'll probably be disappointed. What it is is a surprisingly authentic historical novel about Northern Wei through its political, social, and military aspects. This is a part of Chinese history that is basically never told, so it'd be pretty interesting even without the Mulan story hook.

He Mulan and Hua Mulan switch places so neither one loses out (technically).

The story doesn't start out like this, but He Mulan eventually does get to live out some of Hua Mulan's exploits as well.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    chocolatechipcookie and Nanashy like this.
  15. chocolatechipcookie

Reading List:
    Link
    So there's no romance? That's fine, Mulan is certainly interesting even without a man.
    Also I wonder how Hua Mulan's doing in the modern world lol

16. Valarra

Valarra Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope more people read this! I just started reading it today and it's super interesting.

I didn't know that Hua Mulan took MC's body in the modern world. Are there any extras on that or is it just mentioned?

17. Nanashy

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope more people would read it too. Sadly the translator said that she/he will drop it cause of lack of readers (they did promise to finish the last chapter they began before that, idk). For some reason my comment are not sent on their site.. :(