Discussion Batman is old and lame, batwoman is hip and jesus if jesus was a vegan

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mount Tai Unleashed, May 23, 2019.

1. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I know, too lazy to go to tumblr for feminists though.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    NU/NUF is the nuffians youtube, twitter, facebook, tumblr, twitch(if you want), nuffians know no such terms, only NU/NUF
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Cascadian Rex likes this.
  3. Drake888

Drake888 That one guy. You know, the one over there.

Reading List:
    Link
    No? Not sure what you read, but Barbara Gordon was not Batwoman in the main timeline. And if she was Batwoman in any timeline, I doubt it would be one where she was also Oracle, which is what my original post was about.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  4. HesheFell

HesheFell [Out of Retirement] [Looking for Recs Everywhere]

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol. But then I consider YouTube to have the worst community on the internet, so I absolutely disdain this attitude of getting together to discuss your hate or dislike of something. Misery sure does love company. :notlikeblob:

kenar likes this.
  5. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, but I didn't mean it like that I meant the concept, batwoman=batgirl
    The notion or concept of batwoman also meant batgirl as a gender besides barbara wasn't the only batgirl there were many others who although donned the costume of batgirl but they were women, get what I mean :blobsweat_2:?
    Some people don't seperate the two and some don't even know the existence of a seperate character named 'batwoman', you know like for how some people call gwen stacey as spider woman when there is an actual spider woman named Jessica Drew

6. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    It isn't misery (for those I know at least), the name nuffians exists for a reason you know :cookie:

7. Drake888

Reading List:
    Link
    There are indeed multiple Batgirls. But my original reply was about which superhero eventually became Oracle. And that is Batgirl, not Batwoman. I don't believe any character has been both Batgirl and Batwoman in the main continuity, so no, Batwoman and Batgirl are not the same. As for people who don't know the difference between Batgirl and Batwoman, well, they are just wrong to assume that the two are the same, so I don't see why their incorrect opinion would be relevant. Especially since they would be even less likely to be aware of a fringe character like Oracle.

TiggerBane likes this.
  8. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    First, I assume you are talking about barbara after her injury?
    Second, easy there mate, not all people are hard core fans, some just know of them from movies or games or something like that, no at all people read the comics, calm down :blobsweat:

9. Drake888

Reading List:
    Link
    I am indeed talking about Barbara after her injury. The original post was saying that the Batwoman character wound up as a 'crippled hikki info-broker', a clear reference to the character "Oracle". I replied, explaining that he was mistaken, and that Batgirl was the character who would wind up becoming Oracle.
    That's when you jumped in. You made the claim that Batgirl and Batwoman are the same character, which they are not. So to be clear, I was correcting a misconception, and you jumped in to contradict me. Now you are saying that you do not really follow the comics, and that you were just trying to make the point that it is hard to tell characters apart when they have the same gender and dress in similar outfits. That's fine. But my original points still stand.

Original Poster: Batwoman and Batgirl are separate characters, and Batgirl is the one who eventually goes on to become Oracle.

10. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't say I didn't read the comics, I was making a point just like you are doing, but unlike what you are doing, I am accepting other peoples POVs and trying to make you understand why they think so mate :blobsweat_2:

11. Drake888

Reading List:
    Link
    Again, your POV is fine, and open to discussion. The problem is that you threw it in as a counterargument to FACT. You are correct that there are multiple Batgirls. I could have specified Barbara Gordon in my original post. Failing to do so could be considered to be confusing, but since Barbara is the only Batgirl to call herself Oracle, I would argue that the post was good enough. I'm sorry if you feel I am being mean to you, or overly aggressive in my argument, but please understand that I you are the one who keeps trying to make this about feelings and opinion. I don't know how else I can explain this to you, so here is a concise recap of this discussion:

The original post made an incorrect statement
    I replied with a factual correction
    You replied with a contradiction to my correction
    I pointed out that your contradiction was not supported by facts
    You went off on a tangent about how confusing it can be to keep track of who's who, and the importance of understanding other people's opinions.
    We have now exchanged several replies consisting of me trying to explain that I want to correct a misunderstanding of comic book lore, and you trying to argue that not everybody follows it very closely, and that I need to be open to other points of view.

So again: I do not care about your opinion. I do not agree, and I do not disagree. If you are not interested, that is fine. It is your right. But please, stop trying to dispute the facts which YOU clearly do not care about enough to learn, especially when I am trying to correct a misunderstanding.

12. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    Mate you clearly get my point but you made it clear that you want to keep your opinion :blobexpressionless:
    But just to give you a proof (this is from this article)

13. GrimVeilRule

GrimVeilRule Dux Bellorum

Reading List:
    Link
    Breaks into batman's home. That fine she says
    Steals batman's stuff. That fine she says
    Uses batman's legend. Who cares she says.
    People think she's batman. We can't have a man getting credit for a woman's work she says
    WHAT THE F@#$. The level of stupid is OVER NINE THOUSAND.

TheNewGuy, Pandababa, kenar and 3 others like this.
  14. Drake888

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished reading the article you posted. It clearly says that Barbara Gordon turned down the chance to be Batwoman in a storyline that has since been retconned into irrelevance. So again, Batwoman and Batgirl have never been the same character, and nobody has ever held both titles in the main continuity.
    As for the part of the article you quoted, that referred to a mysterious female in a bat costume. It was a mystery to build up hype, thanks in part to the fact that there were two distinct personas (Batwoman and Batgirl) available for her to claim. Nobody was sure if it was a new batgirl or the return of Batwoman. She turned out to be the new batgirl. No relation to our conversation though.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  15. Deleted member 155674

Reading List:
    Link
    For heaven sake mate, are you doing this purpose? am I supposed to bring you an actual person here?
    Alright, look, kate is batwoman, barbara is batgirl no one arguing that, those are their given actual hero name, are we clear till here?
    Let me say this one last time, and see if I can make it clear to you.
    How am I to explain this to you :hmm:?
    Some people, when they say batwoman they don't mean the character batwoman or batgirl, but as a figure of speech as they are not refering to the actual character.
    You see, saying batwoman or batgirl for some people (those who know the characters and history of DC in some depth and I am not talking about the hard core fans but simply 'fans') if not most would be referring to a genderbent version to the batman character (they are not talking about the actual characters, not barabara and not kate and not any other girl or woman who donned the cape and suit of the bat in the comics, but simply a name given to a woman wearing the bat costume thus for some it would be batwoman, batgirl, batlady, etc...)
    They are not talking about the actual batwoman or batgirl in the comics (not Batrabara, not Kate nor anyone else from the batman franchise and comics), they mean the person and the notion, for example, super boy is also known as superman prime (it is the way some people like to refer to him as he represents a version of superman, in this case they don't mean the gender but the age)
    Another example would be mayday parker who became spiderwoman but after she was also known as spidergirl (in this case she made the claim of the name).
    Now back to our conversation, in case of batgirl, the character true wasn't called as batwoman nor explicitly claimed the name but implicitly it meant it, thus some would know her as or mistake her as batwoman (for heavens sake even the design and the hair color are the same, just because they wanted to introduce a new member to the bat family for the story's development in the past, they seperated the meaning thus a batgirl and a batwoman), barbara may have chosen to refuse the name but it was the author's hint to reintroduce the batwoman through her (What better choice then the most known batgirl when the actual batwoman was removed and when the batgirl is the original bat 'woman' again not the hero name but taking gender into account).
    Hope that explains it to you, because I don't think I can explain it any better than this.
    Now whether you want to admit it or not, I really don't care mate, because you made it clear that you refuse to understand or can't, I don't know, eitherway, I am not explaining this any further, you gave me a headache mate :blobsick:)

Jiggy likes this.
  16. UDI

UDI Writer / Emcee / Lime Blood

Reading List:
    Link
    what was wrong with aquaman? i enjoyed the movie and i saw no preachy messages. Just a fun movie.

17. Drake888

Reading List:
    Link
    I give YOU a headache? You're the one who keeps trying to say "no, I don't mean Batwoman or Batgirl, I mean batwoman. You know, just any chick in a bat outfit." I agree that there are tons of characters with the same stupid name, but they all have different stories and identities. Superboy Prime is different from the other two Superboys and not interchangeable with either. Same goes for the various females who have called themselves Batwoman, Batgirl, Spiderwoman, or Spidergirl. And for the THIRD time, YOU inserted yourself into a correction about ONE SPECIFIC Batgirl. Barbara Gordan. The one who went on to become Oracle. Someone who has NEVER called herself Batwoman. It's like if I was trying to correct someone who mistook one police officer for another and you just jumped in and said "No, it was that first police officer. Because police officers are all really the same. At least that's my opinion." And again, it doesn't matter what people's opinions are when you debate facts.

18. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    You should know the context well enough to know that I liked DC UNTIL... only until Aquaman, because this abomination came out. This - I'm referring to the title of the thread because you might not consider the context again, lol.

19. UDI

UDI Writer / Emcee / Lime Blood

Reading List:
    Link
    i considered the context you didn't use 'until' properly. 'Until' refers to the word after so if i said i enjoyed game of thrones until season 6 episode 10 thats what i mean.

GDLiZy likes this.
  20. GrimVeilRule

GrimVeilRule Dux Bellorum

Reading List:
    Link