LCD I Alone Level-Up

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Jan 14, 2019.

1. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s really a good point...:blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:

Westeller likes this.
  2. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was worried that this one might have a kind of rushed ending, like many KR novels do. But as of 208 it already feels like it's starting to really move towards a conclusion of some kind. It's ramping up quite well.

It's been awhile, but I felt more like he was grateful that his companions had been rescued and he got the chance to help them one last time, than that he was grateful to be put to rest. Err. That's just the kind of guy I thought he was. The kind of guy others said he was - he didn't really talk or do much before his death, y'know? But that was the impression I had of him.

Also remember that they are revived as willing slaves. He wouldn't have had the capacity to be grateful for leaving his Sovereign's side, don'tchathink? If anything, he'd have been thoroughly disappointed. And others would all want to remain, for the same reason. They literally can't not want to serve at his side. There's no unwillingness to be found anywhere. In terms whether you'd want to be revived after death knowing beforehand that you'd be a slave, I agree that people would have mixed feelings. But that's a "what if." The reality is that once it happens, you have no complaints.

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  3. darkarson

darkarson Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone tell me where i should start reading if i am caught up with the Manhwa? I am at the part where he is in the Dungeon with the hunter association as a Baggage carrier, and Cha Hae-In is just about the enter the same Dungeon with a pickaxe. Thanks for the help.

4. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    85-87.

But read from beginning...significant differences between manhua and novel.:p

FlufflyLittleRabbit likes this.
  5. VinnyOni1

VinnyOni1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Remember after he was let go he sent a message to the female S-ranker.
    Can't recall exactly when it happened but the girl explained how the healer was happy that he was freed. Along with the message for Jin woo to be careful of his power.
    Also right after he was freed he sent his sentiments of gratefulness that Jin Woo didn't keep him as a shadow soldier.

6. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    So, uh, please tell me where it mentions the healer showing relief that he was freed. ... Because it doesn't. He goes without a word or gesture. The only comment made is about his gentle eyes and and whatnot - before Jin-Woo cancels his shadow extraction. At that moment, he was a completely willing slave, as he verified in c151. He could not have possibly had any thoughts about wanting to leave Jin-Woo's side. Ergo, any expressions he made were regarding the saving of Cha Hae-In, and knowing his comrades were safe.

In c151, he does say that what was revived wasn't entirely himself. It was his will. His consciousness. But at the same time, he became an unconditional slave, desiring nothing but to serve Jin-Woo. It was absolute. Just the thought of serving made him happy. At this moment, he expresses fear of Jin-Woo's power. Fear of the shadow army hiding behind him. And he desperately wants to warn Jin-Woo.

But he never really expresses relief or gratefulness that he was freed. If anything, he seems grateful that his temporary King appeared to save his friends. That's all. And you shouldn't forget that - because that is supposed to tell you what kind of guy he was.

(I actually searched up to c160 for the word grateful and got only a couple of totally irrelevant hits)

What I really want to emphasize here is that, as he said, Jin-Woo's power is absolute. You do not want to be freed. You want to serve. Serving makes you happy. For Min Byung-Gu, that was a terrifying experience, and yet, a happy one. All he wanted was to be his King's slave. Not to be freed, not to leave. No, just to be a slave.

Afterwards, it's hard to say. Maybe he's a bit relieved. But he doesn't really express that. He doesn't even return to the abyss. He struggles as hard as he can just to pass on a final message. A warning for Jin-Woo, telling him to beware his own power, the affects it has on his servants, and the army behind him.

And, as he fails to finish that message, he returns to rest with, presumably, very little relief.

It was around then that Min Byung-Gu's shadow stood back up. The treatment process must've been finished, because there was a hint of crimson colour gently glowing on Hunter Cha Hae-In's face.

'Whew-woo....'

After confirming her status, Jin-Woo sighed out in relief. Although she was still unconscious, her breathing and her heartbeat had returned to normal. As a matter of fact, her wounds were completely healed now.

Jin-Woo patted the shoulder of Min Byung-Gu's shadow. That was the gesture of appreciation for the job well done.

'…...'

Jin-Woo guessed what kind of person Min Byung-Gu must've been when he was still alive, from the gentle eyes of the Shadow Soldier looking back at him.

Jin-Woo slowly took his hand away from the shoulder, and then...

'Extraction cancellation.'

With a slight smile on his lips, he let the shadow return to the abyss.

No matter what, he didn't possess the right to lord over this man as one of his soldiers, when Min Byung-Gu even sacrificed his life to fight against the monster threats. Indeed, he thought that such an act was not fitting for a fallen hero.

'...Let's get out of here.'

Cha Hae-In was getting sucked deeper into the unending darkness, but it was none other than the hand of Min Byung-Gu reaching down to stop her falling.

"Min Byung-Gu.... Hunter-nim?"

Min Byung-Gu slowly nodded his head.

Cha Hae-In had to confirm that it was him multiple times because he was currently decked out in unfamiliar black armour. If it weren't for his uncovered face, she'd never have figured out that it was him.

Cha Hae-In asked him in confusion.

"Where.... Where are we?"

"I don't know myself, but I do know what will happen if I let go of the hand holding you."

Cha Hae-In was about to take a look below her, but Min Byung-Gu hurriedly stopped her.

"Don't look!!"

"Excuse me??"

Cha Hae-In got startled and she quickly looked up at him. Min Byung-Gu explained to her with a sombre look on his face.

"If you look down there, you might not be able to come back up again."

As he said those words, she got to read a certain emotion that almost felt like a longing of some kind within his eyes.

'No, it can't be....'

She began recalling the scene taking place seconds before she lost consciousness.

The Jeju Island raid.

The ant queen.

And then, the sudden appearance of a truly terrifying mutated ant monster.

She sensed a scary something approaching her, and then, the darkness came over her.

"Did I... Am I dead?"

Min Byung-Gu shook his head.

"No, not yet."

"But then, what about you, Min Byung-Gu Hunter-nim?"

He didn't reply. Instead, Min Byung-Gu stopped her line of questioning there.

"We don't have much time left, so allow me to get to the point."

This was likely his one and only chance. If he missed it, then he'd never be able to get this message across. Min Byung-Gu's expression became urgent, pleading even, as he spoke to her.

"Please pass this message to Hunter Seong Jin-Woo."

'Seong Jin-Woo....?'

Cha Hae-In could only briefly stew in her confusion arising from that name unexpectedly being mentioned here. Min Byung-Gu carried on.

"You must tell him that he needs to be careful with the power he possesses."

"What, what do you mean by that?"

"You must've noticed it by now, but I've already died once. I fell to the bottom of this place, but someone pulled me back up. He pulled me back out of this endless darkness."

"Could it be that man is....?"

"Yes, it was Hunter Seong Jin-Woo."

Cha Hae-In's eyes began quaking powerfully now. Even if Hunter Seong Jin-Woo was ridiculously overpowered, was he really powerful enough to revive a dead person??

However, Min Byung-Gu continued to recount the experience he had gone through without holding anything back.

"Truth is, even though it was indeed I that got revived, that wasn't really me, either. I possessed my will and my consciousness, but I was also prepared to do anything for him.... It felt like I have become an unquestioning, unconditional slave only existing to serve him and nothing else."

There was no reason for Cha Hae-In to ask who this 'he' was in Min Byung-Gu's explanations. She swallowed her nervous saliva.

"I was scared as well, because the mere idea of serving him made me feel so happy."

Min Byung-Gu formed a bitter expression.

"You must let Seong Jin-Woo Hunter-nim know this."

His expression then hardened into a sombre one.

"His powers are absolute, and it was incredibly scary. He needs to know this, as well."

However, what was even more horrifying than that was...

His expression now shifted to the one of sheer terror as he recalled the memories of only a few moments ago.

As he stood up from the ground after becoming the new Shadow Soldier through Hunter Seong's command, he got to see the welcoming cheers of the countless black-armoured soldiers lining up behind Jin-Woo.

Their numbers were in the tens of thousands. No, millions.

As if they were faithfully waiting for the commands of their Sovereign, the innumerable number of soldiers were 'hiding' quietly behind Jin-Woo.

And when Min Byung-Gu's gaze met the eyes of their general standing before them, he lost all his sense of self and Cha Hae-In's lying body filled up his view, instead. He already knew what he needed to do by then.

Not only that, he also understood that there was something else he had to do on top of saving her. And that would be letting Hunter Seong Jin-Woo know of how terrifying the power sleeping within him was.

In that brief moment when his mind was connected to Jin-Woo's, Min Byung-Gu got to see the true identity of that power – as well as the extent of his true army.

He sensed that his time was rapidly running out and shouted at her.

"You must remember!! The real army of Hunter Seong is....."

It was then.

A blinding light came from somewhere above and enveloped Cha Hae-In. Min Byung-Gu's expression stiffened.

"His real army is....!!"

Unfortunately, his voice was buried within the empty echoes, and it flickered dimmer and dimmer, eventually sinking deep into the void below.

userunfriendly likes this.
  7. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    Edit: I found a site, chapter 122 shows someone who knows him saying its good he let him go because he hates fighting and he's sure the healer will be thanking him whereever he is, I'm on mobile so it's inconvenient searching but when I get home I'll find the bit where Hae girl talked about her and the healers conversation uopn his release.

Edit edit: So you seemed to have read chapter 151 but completely downplayed the part where he says
    "I was scared as well" even with that one feeling of loyalty that you said was so absolute. Also He later said he found his powers incredibly scary. Like he said he still possessed his will and consciousness which means he still had his own wishes and morals. It's just if Jin Woo ordered him to do something he may struggle to not do it (like with the ant king fighting that S-ranker girl) but ultimately he would obey.
    So I don't see how you believe that he left wanting to stay when he was frightened even when he was under control he was scared. Or how you believe that he wasn't relieved to get away from that control.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  8. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Good news! We are not only coming up soon to the climactic battles that in the raws were terrible to read, but really seemed great, and in the manhua, orcs are about to get the curb stomp. (y)

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  9. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yey! Jin Woo is finally gonna get laid.

10. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Manhua is out!:blobhero:

11. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Significant deviation from the novel...

In the manhua, that poor guy got bounced around only twice before being asked to let Jin woo kill all the monsters...

And the rising of the shadows be as awesome as you’d hoped.:blobhero:

12. Draksil

Draksil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That depends on the purpose I think. If he simply wants to raise them once to gain information and then dismiss them, then isn't that similar to someone doing an autopsy?

Shield Loyalist and Suton like this.
  13. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    No because an autopsy doesn't revive the dead and make them your slave. As I said before, regardless of if a dead body is going to be put back in the ground people don't want the ones they care about dug up and experimented on. It would be a next level of backlash if you were "experimenting" or tampering with the very person.
    I'll ask this, would you be willing to be someone's slave? If not how would you feel knowing that when you died you could very well be made a slave for the rest of your existence. That feeling of repulsion alone would make people against him reviving dead hunters.

14. Draksil

Draksil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone is going around and systematically killing the highest-lvl hunters. Also, the mana lvl is rising and there's some strange things going on. I'm sure many could accept reviving someone for 5 minutes, getting information, and then leaving them to their death again (release like he did before with the S-rank Healer). After all, the entirety of humanity is at stake. I'm not talking about allowing him to use them in battles and servants going forward.
    I think I'd be okay with being revived for 5 minutes to give information that could potentially save millions/billions, perhaps being allowed to send a message to my loved ones. After all, many people are organ donors, and that too is gaining something from dead people (granted, organ donors have agreed to be so before their death, but when humanity is at stake, many things would be done to prevent it). But you're right that it's not something done lightly, but still something much lighter than what dead bodies have been subjected to through the ages by humanity for the sake of "progress" or victory.

15. VinnyOni1

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but organ donors are no longer theirselves, there's a difference between a dead body and a living mind. You as a person aren't giving your organs because you as a person is dead. And you say for 5 minimum but that's not your choice, that's the whole thing about being a slave, you no longer have choices. You would be a slave for however long the person wishes. You are going into this with knowledge of the future, you are thinking jin woo will definitely set them free because I've seen them do it. I'm asking as though this is real life, which means you wouldn't know the future. You wouldnt have a 3 person omnipresent point of view. You as a person in this world would just know he could enslave you and all it takes is a snap of your neck. You are looking down on the power of fear and how you would see this if you didn't know everything and was just a normal person living in this world.

I personally believe my mind being a slave to person is way worse than my dead body (which I as a person am unaware of) having stuff done to it. Don't want either one to happen but definitely not the first.

All that said you could very well be a special person who both is willing to donate their organs and their soul upon their death.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  16. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    So...apparently Cha hunter-nim's dojo instructor is Mr. Song, the guy who lost an arm in the dual dungeon incident.

What a really small world it is.

Someone is going out on a date with Cha hunter-nim~

17. pcshano

pcshano Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He'll give up his system...

18. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember someone saying that the world he is now is a dream world or something. So he'll save the world twice, once in the dream and the other irl.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2019
  19. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like Seoul Station's Necromancer. Is it from a spoiler thread in NUF?

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2019
  20. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    As a general reminder, LCD threads are for the discussion of chapters as they are translated. Spoilers from untranslated content must be appropriately concealed under spoiler tags. Do not post — or quote a post containing — untagged spoilers. Instead, report them. Repeat offenses can result in a ban from posting in LCD threads.

Shield Loyalist and canaria23 like this.