Discussion Can we survive a super zombie apocalypse?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lazriser, May 24, 2019.

1. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know a regular zombie apocalypse won't do shit on modern civilization. So why not make it a super zombie apocalypse with super zombies that have more powerful mutations than Resident Evil zombies. Also some of the super zombies are capable of psychic abilities, while fewer super zombies possess intellect, and even have supernatural powers beyond that of physic abilities.

Your thoughts to such a world crisis?

2. MarsMarch

MarsMarch Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are watching too much movie

3. Heimdallr

Heimdallr [I-don't-know-what-to-write-here]

Reading List:
    Link
    I am pretty sure we can cope with that and if we lose we can still destroy the planet and make it a draw.

So losing is not an option.

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  4. abewan

abewan 〘Nishikigoi Dungeon〙

Reading List:
    Link
    If they posses intellect they be like vegan in our current world and do protest "human have feeling" of some sort.

Beltran likes this.
  5. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Renaxan

Renaxan [Ero Culture Enthusiast]

Reading List:
    Link
    what scary things from zombie are their mindless savage blood eyes hunting their prey to end of world with pure sheer strength and their mass ammount.

if the zombie happen to have intelect and superpower, i could imagine the world would be ruined same as terminator film goes.

mir and Dr_H_16 like this.
  7. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    basically the evolution at cost of life...

Westeller likes this.
  8. Panzaro

Panzaro It's just mayonnaise~

Reading List:
    Link
    The first thing you should always consider is the initial infection rate (is it air born, water born, only through direct infection) and the ratio of human to zombie in numbers. The chance of survival rapidly deflates as the ratio skewers towards zombies with mutant abilities.

Impossibru Mode: Necromorph apocalypse

9. Tsukkin

Tsukkin [is currently lurking]

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course we can survive, human is as annoyingly tough as cockroaches!

10. IndelibleWords

IndelibleWords Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In every epidemic, there will be survivors. A group of people will be immune or at least just carriers of the zombie virus. Or others would be capable of beating the infection.
    It's the law of nature.
    It's unlikely that the human race would be wiped out.

Dr_H_16 likes this.
  11. IndelibleWords

Reading List:
    Link
    Or some people will evolve into higher beings. :blobsmilehappyeyes:

Dr_H_16 and Westeller like this.
  12. Lemonfairy

Lemonfairy 〖Retired Cat Boss〗〖Feeling the Effects of Aging〗

Reading List:
    Link
    NO. WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIEE

IndelibleWords likes this.
  13. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see some people have been reading Side Character Transmigrations~~

The biggest problems with a zombie apocalypse is that rotting corpses.. well, are rotting corpses. They don't function as working bodies. They can't really move around in the first place and they'll just, y'know, die on their own. So if you really want a zombie apocalypse you're going to have to completely give up on the entire basic concept of "zombies" and settle for something far less impressive. I suppose you'd need a virus that made people completely insane and rabid, without leading to an untimely demise at the same time - which may not really even be possible, but yeah... And they'd still die like normal people... So... Well... Yeah. Traditional zombie apocalypses just won't happen.

But, hey, now we're talking superpowers, so whatever.

My thoughts are that intellect is a huge deciding factor. The zombies are always going to lose if they're basically all just wild animals. It doesn't matter if they have powers - that makes them more dangerous, yes, but they'll still lose in the end. The only joker in the deck will be zombies with intellect, but if there are only a few of them, it won't be enough.

Beltran, Sabruness and NekoMK2 like this.
  14. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends. Even if there are survivors, if humanity were to go below a minimum viable population number (the current accepted number to ensure genetic diversity is 4,169) then we'd be screwed as a species anyway.

I totally agree with you. Zombies expressed as the living dead would only have to be waited out for them to rot into nothing. Viral zombies are actually quite possible (rabies has an approximate similar effect).

As for superpowered zombies, well who knows. If humans arent able to develop powers as well, i'd err on the side of humanity being mostly boned. If humans could, then it's possible to survive as a species if we could organize. However, considering what happens in a lot of the superpower zombie novels (or arcs) i wouldnt hold out hope for anything more than humanity regressing back to militant tribalism

15. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Every zombie apocalypse story ever~

16. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    I can see that intelligent zombies would sign a treaty with the human counties to live peacefully.

17. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    I always found it strange when a head shot could take out a reanimated zombie. It sn reanimated flesh, you have to destroy all of it to get it to stop trying to kill you.

mir likes this.
  18. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Can we survive zombie apocalypse? Yes. That is assuming that people don't just stand around dazed trying to get bitten. Or stand in front of open windows speaking in loud voices. Or tripping over air. Or raising them to be used as sport or servants. Or not informing others you've been bitten when you've clearly been bitten.

Basically as long some dumbass don't do anything stupid, we will win 100% eventually.

Now, this is of course assuming that there is something scientific about the zombies. Which would mean that if you destroy their central nervous systems (such as the head, the neck or spine), they stop functioning. If it's really undead and not mutation, then they wouldn't last long under heat, or cold. For scientifically explained undead, they will rot under heat and their cell activities will cease in the cold as their mitochondria fail to syntesize enough energy and their bodies fail to create internal heat to counter the cold.

However, if this is magical in nature, we shouldn't worry either. While guns will have no real effect on them, scholars at the Vatican, Egypt, Cherry Hill Seminary and Ardantane School of Witchcraft are researching possible cures as well as methods of exorcism for the eventual coming of Je - zombies and other undeads, which includes @Yukkuri Oniisan . Then there's the Hermetic Society in Malta too. So don't worry, even if it's magical, we'll be fine.

mir and Dr_H_16 like this.
  19. IndelibleWords

Reading List:
    Link
    It is unlikely that the surviving population of resistant and non-infected people in the entire world would be below this population if you objectively consider the statistics with all the variables.

20. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    In the entire world, yes it's unlikely. But then consider the geographical issue. 4-5k people spread in variable sized groups across the world? that's where things get dicey in regards to keeping the species going