Spoiler Encountering a Snake

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by alexfilia, May 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/encountering-a-snake/

Being showered with a hot tea like it was a bowl of dog’s blood.
    Snake demon could not keep calm. After bitting, he realised that, in fact, there was no difference between biting and not biting.
    This man was going to die.

A touching story between a mortal and a snake demon that started because of a hot cup of tea. And their entanglement that lasted three lifetime.

From what I saw the story is about a crippled young master who died because he accidentally offended a snake demon but because he was impressed for some reason he decided to give him another chance.
    From what I got this is a reincarnation story *-*

I wonder if the mc and the ml had any previous encounters *-*

Pokes @Zhen_Qing

2. lizabernal96

lizabernal96 Bella

Reading List:
    Link
    spoilers , please

3. Shizuka15

Shizuka15 Lady Lan XiChen

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems interesting.I' m currently reading another story with snake demon and a young cultivator but the premise is quite different.

4. Hanaru

Hanaru comfort me

Reading List:
    Link
    o_O wanna read!! More spoilers!!!

5. Lunnear

Lunnear BL Readers and Writers- [My Muse is Yaoi~!]

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this story worth me camping here?

6. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, snake...demon... *hurriedly digs mind out of gutter* ...
    I'm reading so many novels via mtl lately due to being in the constant cycle of sleeping/eating when infant sleeps and feeding and changing her when she's awake lol... this one sounds a bit tempting due to the snake demon... actually I probably should be writing some reviews on the stuff I've been reading lately... since it's going to only be like 2-3 paragraphs at best lol...i really need to finish the spoilers aHHHHHH

Anyway, this seems interesting, so the human who died is the one that got reincarnated right? Is it because of the snake demon or some other reason?

7. Nokiyoh

Nokiyoh {The one with Collarbone fetish}

Reading List:
    Link
    *Waiting for spoilers*

8. Lost Happiness

Lost Happiness /╲/\╭ ✖ Д ✖ ╮/\╱\

Reading List:
    Link
    Could I possibly get a name for that novel please?

9. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished the first lifetime of this novel so far and it's ;-; I love it

Determined, mature MC x indifferent snake demon ML who's super apathetic cuz...snake... and he's lived for thousands of years already

MC and ML's first meeting was rather disastrous lmao cuz MC poured hot tea on ML (the snake), and ML bit him. But afterwards ML said that their meeting was fated (like really a heaven's will kinda thing because otherwise there was no way he would just leave his seclusion for no reason and enter the garden of some random family). MC got bit, was on the verge of dying and ML appears before him saying that he can spare him his life cuz he's a demon. MC was a bit ??? at first cause he was shocked at the sight of a demon. Btw demons aren't very well-received in this setting, there are always Taoists and stuff going around exorcising them. But MC was glad that he got a chance to live so he took ML up on his offer.

Their interactions after this was so sweet. MC is mute and crippled (due to a childhood incident where he got pushed into a cold pit by his stepmother I think, so his legs were frostbitten and he turned mute from crying and screaming for his life too much), so MC and ML talked to each other through writing. And ML is invisible the whole time lmao cuz he can't be bothered to show his form. MC was so excited cuz he has never been able to talk to someone like this before, and he really appreciates how ML takes the time to communicate with him through writing. ML is kinda shameless though lmao and MC always calls him a naughty snake HAHA. They had this one conversation where they were talking about good and evil?

MC: So how do you discern if someone is good or evil?
    ML: those who are kind to me, are good
    MC: .......... pfffffffts

Then after some time, sexual tension between them runs high lmao as MC begins to react to ML *coughcough*. And it was especially obvious this one time when they were in the hot springs, they were chatting and MC slipped and fell into the water and saw ML's COUGH and ended up blushing like crazy and getting a reaction and swimming away hoping that ML doesn't see it but of course ML notices. And I'm pretty sure ML notices even before this happened, but it was the day after this that ML said:

Yi Mo’s voice still sounded as cold and desolate as usual, no emotion leaked out from it, seeming as if he was talking about other people’s affairs. He said unhurriedly, “Humans and demons have always travelled different paths since ancient times, you must think this through carefully.”

And after MC thinks through it:
    “Yi Mo.” Shen Qingxuan heard his voice ring out in this tranquil world. He enunciated word by word, with unprecedented earnestness, “After travelling through our separate paths, shall we meet at the same destination?”

AND HONESTLY IT WAS JUST SO DAMN BEAUTIFUL IN CHINESE THAT IDK IF I DID IT JUSTICE IN TRANSLATING IT GAHHH AJSDNLFAJK SDN

Then they have sex and all and the sex in yushe's pretty darn explicit (haHAHahah I translated the SMUT)

But the whole time MC knows that ML isn't really like in love with him or anything, he's kinda like going along with what MC wants? This is what MC thinks, especially because ML said something like 'are you offering me yourself in repayment' as like a stamp on MC's feelings for ML, and MC's like whatever if you want to call it repayment then so be it. (honestly I can't tell either, ML's kinda enigmatic lmao I both agree and disagree with MC. You know what nvm I'm just as confused as MC)

I'll continue this tmr or something im getting lazy it's so long

Seirye027, DemFeels, Audene and 25 others like this.
  10. Queue

Queue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    //gonna camp and wait for more. ^Q^

11. EurikaYamato03

EurikaYamato03 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1
    ❤❤

12. Elestrea

Elestrea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To jump... or not to jump, that is the question.

EDIT: I JUMPED IN :blobnosebleed:

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    TomiNdumplings likes this.
  13. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay so after they had sex, ML would like disappear for days and come visit MC once in awhile (but less frequently than before........iirc) and MC decides that since ML has no interest in him at all and kinda had pity sex with him and all that he should just fulfill his 'mortal duties' like getting married and having kids etc etc.

So MC does get married to one of his maids...who was actually a girl that his mama placed by his side when he was a kid so that he would have a friend and not be as quiet & reserved. And the girl's really beautiful and sweet so MC's mother had intentions of marrying her to MC as a concubine anyway (can't be main wife cuz status). MC sorta like hints to his mum that he's ready to settle down and his mum's like READY THE MARRIAGE PREPARATIONS. And MC gets married, but doesn't do it straight away with new bride cuz like if he does it straight away with her she'll get the impression that she's a favoured concubine/wife and might end up getting all haughty etc. (in MC's words) MC does it with new wife once like a month later and she got preg, and MC's really happy that he's gonna be a father soon.

ML shows up once afterwards and gives MC a box. MC opens the box and sees this liquid-like thing and he's like ???? what's this? But when he sees ML's signature naughty smirk he realises what the heck ML just gave him and gets super embarrassed and mad (IT'S LUBE. ML GAVE HIM PURPLE LUBE WHY DO I REMEMBER ITS COLOUR). Then ML gives him this blood bead necklace thing and told MC that if he ever wants to offer his body up in marriage, then he can summon ML by crushing the bead and he'll appear (it's ML's blood) AND MC needs to smear da lube on his chrysanthemum to wait for him. Of cuz MC gets embarrassed and is all "WTF NO" but he treasures the necklace a lot. Then MC realises that whenever he talks to the necklace and says something like 'I want xx', that xx item will appear the next day ahahahaha and MC knew that he could communicate with ML through the necklace and get whatever he wants. So sometimes he makes things difficult for ML on purpose and ML complains about it afterwards that he asks for things that are super inconvenient to get (BUT ML GETS IT ANYWAY)

But after a short time passed ML disappears (he went to take part in this war that his acquaintance sorta forced him into because it had to do with a general who once helped ML I think? And this general was wrongly accused of treason or something by the new emperor and beheaded, along with the rest of his clan, so he ended up becoming a fierce ghost. ML & friend went to deal with the aftermath) without telling MC cause ML doesn't think that MC will get too affected by his disappearance. BUT MC DOES. MC GETS SUPER AFFECTED BY HIS DISAPPEARANCE. MC ends up going back to his old house (he currently stays at the main branch with his parents, but he has his own place which was where he met ML for the first time) and MC just waits in his old place day after day and gradually becomes more and more emaciated. Everyone in the household's like 'omg what's wrong with young master???' but no one knows what's up and can only watch as MC gradually gets weaker. After some time, MC finally breaks the damn bead, ML shows up for a short while, frowns when he sees current MC and helped him a bit before returning to the battlefield. MC's finally at ease, and uuhhhh iirc this is the part where they finally get together. Oh yeah during this period, MC's new wife suffers a miscarriage ;-; but towards the end he sorta gets a son with ML hahaha I'll prolly elaborate on that next time

DemFeels, Audene, Kaylee and 16 others like this.
  14. RottenApple

RottenApple Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Naniii he got a wife poor girl, it sounded angsty but well Im a M I might as well jumped to this pit.

DemFeels likes this.
  15. hiryukaede

hiryukaede The reader that always hunting an unique story~~~

Reading List:
    Link
    Whaaaaattt? MC married and do "that" to her wife?! After that the wife pregnant?!
    What abaut ML reaction?? Did he not really love the MC?
    What happen to MC wife? Did she figured out the MC and ML always together? If she does, poor her T-T..
    MC how could you be so cruel?
    ML, what the hell you feeling is?
    More spoiler please~~~:blob_teary:

16. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The wife part isn't a big portion of the story at all. Aside from going through the ceremony and having sex once for a kid, they didn't actually do anything else together? I mean putting aside the fact that they've known each other since they were kids I guess. There's not much emotional attachment, marriage in ancient times is very different from the kind of marriage we know now. They got married cause for MC he wanted to fulfill his duties, while the girl was a maid so it would be nice to get a status upgrade + MC's a really good guy.

After MC saves her life, he offers her a life outside the Shen family (his family) with a house he prepared for her with servants and all so she could basically live a good life there, and told her that she could remarry when she finds another guy that she wants to be with. But he also told her that she could stay as his wife in-name but he wouldn't do anything else with her (?) I don't quite remember, but I know he said she could stay as his wife in-name but (inserts blank piece of memory here). MC was really nice about the whole thing. In fact, MC is a suuuper sensible character; he knows what he wants, and he'll do what he has to to get it, but not in the overbearing manner but more of like with unwavering determination.

Onto other spoilers, just gonna copy paste from discord lmao:
    yes we shall claim so
    so when MC's wife get miscarriage did he do it with his wife again?
    Zryuu
    nope
    only once and never again
    El
    what happened after he and ML got together did he diteched his wife?
    Zryuu
    because the miscarriage occurred while ML was away
    which was when MC realised that 'ah I do love that naughty snake' or something like that
    after the miscarriage, his wife was on the verge of death
    but MC gives her this super incredibly rare medicine
    that his father got for him to save HIS life when the time comes, cause MC's really sickly and everything
    but he ends up giving it to his wife and told her that she can either stay as his wife, but in name only cause I think MC says something like he won't do stuff with her alr or something I can't really remember
    or she could choose to stay in a mansion that he prepared for her outside
    like idk if it gets across but MC was really nice about this whole incident
    so he kinda 'divorces' his wife? after saving her life
    El
    ah good i dont like if he kept being with his wife and ML tbh it just feeels weird :<
    Zryuu
    and this was before he called ML back
    oh yea I wouldn't be able to stand that
    El
    did MC stay mute/crippled or ML cured him too?
    Zryuu
    MC's really straightforward about his feelings for ML
    ML cured him......tho I can't remember when. and he cured MC's muteness first
    im pretty sure they were in the hot springs?? And MC really wanted to talk to ML but he couldn't, so he was feeling upset
    and ML's like ........... cures muteness and MC starts coughing like mad but he gets his voice back
    ML doesn't care much about his sexual desires
    he prefers teasing MC
    LMAO
    El
    hooooooo that's... new
    Zryuu
    he's like 'sexual desires is something I can live without it's so much more interesting to look at MC's face when he's getting teased'
    yeah right? MC's the one who really wants the-
    ML cures MC's legs muchhhh later, and when he cured his legs MC was in a crazy amount of pain cuz his legs have been out of use for so long that reviving them took awhile

Zryuu
    so they had a gathering and it was a huge story telling session and lmao MC told some horror story it was quite creepy but afterwards it was all happy stories
    then Yi Mo was the last person to tell a story and he's like i don't have any stories, but I can do a continuation of one and he did a continuation of the story where a fox spirit had gotten together with a scholar to repay his grace and all that the happy ever after but he said there's more
    like eventually, the scholar grew old and sprouted white hairs and stuff, but she still remained young and pretty and the scholar knew that he was gonna die soon so he told the wife to take care of herself and that if they were fated, that they would still be tgt in their next life and the wife was devastated
    she was supposed to go back to some mountain to continue cultivating but she didn't cause she was insistent on finding her husband's reincarnation so she roamed about, while fighting daoshis and stuff who wanted to take her nei dan
    and destroy her cuz she's a demon so she engaged in a lot of battles then she eventually got so hurt she had to recuperate, though she knew that her husband's reincarnation was near at end
    but she was too gravely injured, so she went back to her mountain to recuperate for a few decades by the time she came out, her husband was already remarried and she was so heartbroken, but she didn't give up and told her husband that she's the one who was supposed to be his wife
    the husband just thought she was crazy but like she's young and pretty etc so he did have like trysts with her and his current wife found out and forced them to break up or she'll commit suicide and like he was done with the fox alr? so he broke it off with her and she was so upset,
    but she still clung on eventually he got so sick of her he teamed up with a daoshi to capture her and at first he still didn't believe that she was a demon until the daoshi forced her to show her true form in front of him and he was so terrified he beat her to death ............. with a rod
    but after all this
    MC tells ML

"If there really is a next life, don't search for me. Even if you did find me, I wouldn't recognise you."

they had one son
    who's half demon half human, so long lifespan
    he accompanied Daddy ML to look for MC's next incarnation
    THO MC'S LAST INSTRUCTIONS WERE FOR HIM TO STOP ML FROM DOING EXACTLY THAT

there's this other side character
    who's kinda dumb, he's an exorcist
    and he accidentally kills this wolf demon, and her husband died of fright or something bc of her death
    leaving behind their son
    because he's super impulsive and stuff and MC already told him countless times to rein himself in but he didn't AND HE FUCKED UP
    he just killed the demon purely cause she was a demon, tho she didn't do anything wrong
    so this idiot brings the wolf cub/human baby to MC in a super panicky state going all 'omg what should I do'
    MC gets supeeeeeeeeer pissed and all, and ends up adopting wolf/human baby
    and raised the baby as a human
    the son's a 10/10 good boi, cuz good upbringing. MC's really good at parenting and stuff
    and he decides to not continue living as a human after MC's death and to cultivate instead. because in his words he said that after Dad left, if he dies too soon then Daddy Yi Mo will really be all alone in this world and he doesn't want that
    so he wanted to prolong his life as much as possible
    my kokoro u good child

his lifespan was up. It was really sudden, I think cuz his lifespan was shortened considerably but what was really upsetting was seeing Yi Mo and his adopted son react to his death..
    Omg Yi Mo added 5 words to his tombstone THAT MADE ME SO SAD 末亡人伊墨 and 末亡人 is ‘bereaved one’ like what a widow would tag onto their names after their spouse pass away
    末亡人 = bereaved 伊墨 = yi mo
    And during winter, Yi Mo curled around Shen Qingxuan’s tombstone cuz Shen Qingxuan has always hugged his snake form during winter to give him warmth. So now he curls around his tombstone instead, but no matter how tight he winds himself around it he never gets warmer, and instead just gets colder and colder AHH THIS PART RLY GOT ME

DemFeels, Audene, Moy and 16 others like this.
  17. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    pls tell me they find mc's reincarnation XD

Neelambori likes this.
  18. Zryuu

Zryuu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They do, second lifetime begins 153 years later~

Zhen_Qing, RottenApple and greedxed like this.
  19. cirrus74

cirrus74 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehhh, it’s 遇蛇, I thought I remember reading spoilers from somewhere that it was really tragic and sad...? I’m happy someone picked it up, I’ve always been curious about the story (but not enough to MTL hehehe)

Edit: @Zryuu Is it a HE?

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  20. QuinNefertari

QuinNefertari Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this already translated?? Can somebody give me the link.. Just by reading all the spoilers got me to REALLY want to read it Asap >.< >.<