Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Two chapter in 4 months plus TL having a record of hiatuses says it's fine to me. Besides, if im understanding NU policy right then the current TL is not classed as an active TL anymore. Sniping TL is bad when there is already a good TL. Fishing is good when it's obvious the TL isnt able to do it anymore. A thread would long have been posted but they reset the clock with those two chapters then disappeared again. Besides, the novel's already up to about 1100 chapters.

It seriously needs a new TL who'll actually TL and not just dump a chapter or two every few months to prevent pickup requests.

Keitaro123 and Ubik like this.
  2. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobunsure: I don't know exact situation about this TL. But there are different situations. For example TL of I Said Make My Abilities Average! now needs to reset the clock every time to not repeat situation from 4 month ago. Rules are rules though, even if you don't like them. Even if series is good (it is), even if it is rather long, but still rules about even to register updates on NU are still rules. Even if there will be new TL, restriction would be applied regardless.

Keitaro123 likes this.
  3. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's where i've checked:
    The NU policy on adding releases only specifies the conditions to get a release added. With that, the conditions are two chapters in 30 days or a separate set of conditions when the current chapter in the raws have been reached. If my interpretation is correct, the current TL is not classed as an active TL which means another TL could pick it up and get releases listed.

The 3 month rule concerns solely the pickup request subforum. There is nothing in the rules that says you cant solicit a TL outside of that forum (as long as you follow the general rules). As you said, there are different situations. This is one of them

Ubik and Keitaro123 like this.
  4. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    3 months rule is generally what most translators that frequent NUF go by, as in, what they consider to be the minimum amount of time without releases to pick up the novel without being rude to the other translators.

Other translators are more extremist and don't think any amount of time is alright if the person picking it up doesn't ask first.

So... It's not like a translator can't pick up a novel when it has only 1 release every 2 months, but that's incredibly rude to the person that was translating it, so... You'd have a hard time finding someone willing to do that.

5. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Found a new yuri series by luck, it's in Tapread, and sadly looks like it got quite a drama so i won't read it:
    http://www.tapread.com/book/detail?bookId=110
    A couple want to have a baby. Only one problem stands in their way: The individuals are both ladies. But Before sun can rise above the lives of this happy couple, an ocean of past awaits them. And to have a new beginning, one must clean the slate that is a wrecked past. Go on a journey with Madonna and Kiyomi as they tread on a journey of lust, anger, love, and forgiveness. Will they prevail, or the depths of a wretched past consume both of them?

6. Keitaro123

Keitaro123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally back home from physical therapy~! I can walk now~! Though still need this pair of chopsticks~ This sucks~ Anyways~ I have once again snuck in my broken phone to read some saved files~ I also found some interesting ones as well during my absence~ lots of R18+ though(I think i might need to get release this pent up desire soon)~ -cough- Anyways~ i will post my findings later tonight~

Alsooooo~ Does anyone remember my promise of posting my work~? i might be able to do it now since all i can do now is rest on my bed till full recovery~ :blobhero::blobshh: I will continue where left off and finish at least one chapter~! And then i will do the other series that i originally planned on doing~ I'm gonna have to release them monthly though since i don't want to screw it up~:hmm:

7. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Ganbatte! I hope you can restore your movement soon!!! >.<

8. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's true but there are few nuances. There are cases when with somewhat-active (let's call it that) or active group could be registered as one making chapters. This rules were used by QI when shitstorm with WW appear. IIRC Group must made TL from the start or made more than 50 chapters on it. I think that both of this cases will not do about this WN, and additionally it is only 13 days to CD on novel hiatus. Just wait for some more days. :blob_patpat:
    Just wow :blobdizzy: I'm in awe. I don't know how you unearth that, when it's not even registered on NU. But don't you also think that summary and name of novel "My Yuri Harem" kinda don't match each other. :hmm:
    Glad to see that you been better. :blobparty: Still be more careful, least thing you need now some additional problems or complications.
    Then just take you time, nobody forcing you, or demanding some tight schedule, we are not publishing house, you know :blob_grin:.

@Tsuru55, you mentioned some korean webtoon about month ago. But now it is uploaded on dex to be count as official - Swallowtail

And today manga We Can't Draw Love ended today with 21 chapters. Last chapters feels rushed, still ending was ... good I guess. Overall I gave it 7/10.

Moonpearl and Keitaro123 like this.
  9. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol when did the post, i was kinda hesitating to explain how i found it. Basically i was just re-reading my daily dose of release of short chapter of https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-divine-doctor-and-stay-at-home-dad/
    and at the end of the chapter there is normally links to other works of TapRead and there i found the title, so i clicked it wondering if it was Yuri/GL or just the name Yuri.

But now you say it it's true that it's strange that the title doesn't correspond to the summary. GJ.

10. Melina Red

Melina Red Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Moonpearl, Ubik and Keitaro123 like this.
  11. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Keitaro123 likes this.
  12. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yesterday there was discussion about it in two threads:
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/here-comes-another-wave-of-censorship.86825/
    and in neighbourhood thread about BL

So don't spread panic because nothing is confirmed.
    We only know that:
    1) there are new rules in China about some topics that could affect fictions and adult ratings
    2) nothing is set in stone there is some discussion with fiction holders.

14. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, even if I don't like making double posts. I think this should be mentioned.

1) There was rather cute oneshot about difference in languages with good end F.U.S.S.A
    2) Haru and Midori had more fluffy than I expected from the start but I still would rather be careful in expectations.
    3) Vanilla Jingai x Jingai Yuri Anthology had chapter out of order and from different TLs Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - A Candle for the Grim Reaper, but it was somewhat unique in plot and conclusion. There was comments that it would need serialization, but I think it was nice as it was.

And last but not least...... Lily Bouquet is finally back with new one short story. The Kidnapped Princess - Part 1 Relationships there are kinda messy and I smell a triangle.

p.s. there was new chapter Tsurezure Biyori with somekind narcotic dream trip chapter with yuri conclusion.

Keitaro123 and Moonpearl like this.
  15. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobmelt: Only a few more days until the fun begins... I can hardly wait~!

Congratulations~! (Sorry that I'm late saying it!)

I look forward to reading your stories.

Today is the last day of the lockdown, right? Guess we can check what the damage is soon. Fingers crossed there's not too much...

readerz and Keitaro123 like this.
  16. Keitaro123

Reading List:
    Link
    I found my old Sketch book and tried doodling because i'm bored~ i'm gonna find a way to post it to here~:cookie::blobthinkingsmirk::blobsmilehappyeyes:

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    Ubik and Moonpearl like this.
  17. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    I am bored so i am gonna post something not yuri but funny/interesting for people that played or heard about the series game Pikmin:
    In short Louie is a real evil character.

OnceandFutureLurker likes this.
  18. Keitaro123

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than that~ watch this instead~

19. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    cross linking from the censorship thread:

Etvo's compilation of info on censorship

Points of interest for readers (May 23):
    1) Nothing sexual beneath the neck, whether daydreams, failed sexy times, or allusions as such.
    2)No gov/military corruption, or anything that casts gov in bad light
    3) No danmei. Possible jail time.
    4) No military related romance due to over-exaggeration.
    Topics encouraged: Lighthearted, slice-of-life novels. Xianxia w/out too much gore. Modern easy reading. Sci-fi (but copyright to be examined in next round of crackdown)
    Horror & military not welcome atm. Fictional historical romance, CEO without snu snu, modern, 'torturous' love themes allowed. Standards to be reinforced through 2021, extends to games, vids, and online communities. Some already arrested.
    JJWXC has already announced a blackout of new content for 15 days, and many other sites have taken down old content/scrubbing active novels. So don't be confused if your author's old works suddenly disappeared, or if new content suddenly has a lot less sexy time!

The Villains Need To Save The World seems to be one of the victims of the purge (SFACG)

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    Moonpearl and Ubik like this.
  20. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True:
    http://book.sfacg.com/Novel/56081/108878/815690/
    gives fiction does not exist error.

But I also checked: "The Guide to the Peak of Quick Transmigration", "Quick Transmigration: Fate Trading System", "Mistress, I Was Wrong" from QI (jjwxc) they are OK. "Girl on fast wear" too. Even if in there were... khm. Also checked "Female General And Eldest Princess" it's OK too.

One of main problems that from what I read in China there isn't any established adult content rating, you can assume what will that bring.
    Second that there will be some anniversaries (100 years of CPC) and some events - "Winter Olympics" f.e. So they try to tighten the rules for time being. There are other reasons but it be too much in politics.

Now for some good things I guess, yuri is too little lately.
    1) There is new manga for Adachi to Shimamura
    2) There is one Dj-OS one Us, the end of the world, and the rest of our life it should count as oneshot but there are some other parts but they are pain to get (TL said that in credits page).

P.S.
    That was intriguing. Did I miss something?

Moonpearl and Sabruness like this.