Japanese Tokyo Isekai Sensou (Tokyo Isekai War)

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Deleted member 182385, May 22, 2019.

1. Deleted member 182385

Deleted member 182385 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Barely anything about this title online. All I know about it is that it was endorsed by Sao Satoru (The Manga Artist For GATE: THE JSDF FOUGHT THERE on twitter). From what I can infer, it's a light novel about downtown Tokyo being abducted into another world, and the JSDF and police rallying the survivors to keep themselves from starving to death. All while fighting Dragons, Wizards and other pitfalls of a D&D style setting. Clearly for fans of the aforementioned Gate The JSDF as well as Rune Troopers and Outbreak Company.

It just got a release in Japan and I would love to see a translation sooner rather than later if possible.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2019
    torton, terror100, strayCat0 and 5 others like this.
  2. earthdrake

earthdrake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 seems interesting

Deleted member 182385 likes this.
  3. dio444

dio444 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    raw link ???

4. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    What are the tags? Can I hope for romance?

5. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So it's like that novel where Japan (not Gate) is summoned in another world?

I have several questions though about the story. I already watched Gate and Outbreak Company, never heard of Rune Troopers, but will see if there is an anime adaptation. In Gate, except for divine power or overpowering magic, modern artillery can equalized them (otherworldly foes), and as for Outbreak Company's world, the magic there is archaic compared to Gate's magic.

From what you say about this light novel, the potential threat of the another world seems to be close or same with Gate's, since it's because a downtown district of Tokyo with limited resources is somehow capable of defending against legendary creatures, magical practitioners probably in the middle of nowhere, far from other cities or communities.

So... is it darker or grimmer than Gate and Outbreak Company? I want me some gun x magic dark fantasy.

6. Royal-Inquisitor

Royal-Inquisitor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i hope its not beta male

7. Ilinox

Ilinox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's on Book Walker, which accepts foreign credit cards, HERE.

Synopsis:

Tokyo became a battlefield the day the capital was invaded by another world. The outcome of this extreme battle is---!?

It was in the early morning of a hot, lingering summer on September 14th. In the Ariake district of Koto, Tokyo, an enormous hole that exceeded 50 meters in diameter opened one night. Towards the emergence of the bottomless hole, the city was pressed to respond, news and media edited special programmes, and people living in the neighborhood were forced to evacuate.

The next day Yabuki Tamaki, of the Japanese Self-Defense Force, cancelled his promise with his daughter, Kanon, and visited Kasumigaseki to deal with this abnormal situation. There he learned that creatures from another world were crawling out of the hole in Ariake and attacking people.

Unfortunately, Kanon, along with a friend, was supposed to head to Tokyo Big Sight, where an event was being held--.​

Honestly, names are the worst so I probably read them wrong (they also don't specify the gender of anyone except for the daughter, Kanon, so... I'm just assuming the JSDF person is the man in the cover). Tokyo Big Sight is an exhibition center in Ariake, by the way, in case anyone was confused by the last sentence.

EDIT: Looked at the sample and confirmed the names and that Tamaki is the dad.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  8. flowingcloud

flowingcloud Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's the link to Amazon at least: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07R3WNLXQ

Looks interesting. I'll take a look when the ebook version is released (release date June 9). At least it's not a crappy web novel adaption.

9. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Let see if I can pitch this to the guys of my discord... (since I honestly can't support anymore project...)

Since I love modernxfantasy genre so much, perhaps I'll buy a physical book and read it (for myself... too bad for you guys :D)...

10. pratomoastan

pratomoastan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh this series seems nice +1 then

11. terror100

terror100 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1000 for me ^^