Spoiler Who touched my Tail (BL)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Jadeite524, Jul 25, 2018.

1. mechamecha

mechamecha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read Ch. 173 and my heart is burning with RAGE-

Veedah and Su Zexian like this.
  2. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone pls spoil the current arc

Veedah and mechamecha like this.
  3. Whitefish

Whitefish Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. cirrus74

cirrus74 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do I feel like the marshall (royal family silver celestial dragon gong) who takes him in is ML lol.... XL seems to think it’s Moxi (tiger gong) but knowing ML and how he keeps being transmigrated into the most cheat-like existences in each world....

Also I must say I like the use of the word ‘nurturer’ in the translation, because the chinese characters used just means ‘female’

Found this snippet cute:
    但是一想到这样的一个小可爱,今天开始便是元帅的养子了,莫希又莫名胆一颤,元帅大人如果为人父的话……那绝对是儿婿们最怕的那一类,以他对这个小雌性的看重,追求他的人,大概会被打死吧

But once he remembered that from today onwards this little cutie was the marshall’s adopted child, Moxi inexplicably felt his courage shrink. The lord marshall, as a father....would definitely become the son-in-law’s most feared existence. Based on how much importance he attached to the little nurturer, anyone who tried to woo him, would likely be beaten to death by him ba. :blobxd:

Edit: Mistake in translation

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  5. lailai

lailai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, 雌性 does mean female w.r.t. a single English word, but what it actually means it is the feminine quality of a woman, which is primarily being a caring, gentle, or motherly person (the 雌 part of the phrase). It doesn't exactly exclude the possibility that the caring/motherly nature is only a woman, but could be a man, as in a man opposite of the expected gender roles assumed that a man should be. Hence the man would be "feminine" or a "female". I'm guessing that is why the translator chose nurturer versus female.

midnight reader, xiin and Blood A like this.
  6. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    Does it always mean that? Genuine question here because googling it on baidu gives an article about what ‘female’ means. In this case, it seems like the characters are meant to be taken separately, i.e. 雌+性 am I right? Or is it that as a single word it also refers to female nature/characteristics?

7. lailai

lailai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends. Generally it is a neutral way to say female or feminine stuff. But in the context of this story, it doesn’t make sense to translate it as females or women without having to really subvert the mind by implying the female pronoun is “females” and “women” but include men and women. But if it was like that, in English and even Chinese what pronoun would you use for these 雌性 women? Both “she and he” respectively? Or strictly use “she” for both the men and women? Chinese vocabulary is pretty strict about gender division, especially with the implication of the symbols that make up the character. So to me 雌性 is a gender neutral way to say English word “feminine” minus the root word of “female”.

This is how I interpret it in the context of the story.

Edit: So it is possible to read this together as one word, hence female/feminine, but also separately? 性 can act like a suffix, comparable to “-tion” in English, having the quality of characteristic of. Hence 女性 is woman/female (having the characteristics of a woman). But 雌 doesn’t only mean female, but the embodiment of what a woman represents: caring, emotional, etc.

It isn’t taught this way, but the written Chinese language can be understood as a series of verbs or adjective modifying the next word.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    midnight reader and cirrus74 like this.
  8. cirrus74

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the explanation! My chinese is pretty bad, so I appreciate the correction :blobsmilehappyeyes:

9. cheerydandan

cheerydandan Casual Lurker, Professional Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    The new arc is nice. It's Xue Ling's turn to seduce
    ML is the marshal so XL is gonna have to seduce him

Bella94, Ryss, Blood A and 2 others like this.
  10. noblessBlood

noblessBlood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please spoil the last arc.

11. Mynbns

Mynbns Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please can someone spoil the last arc?? XL will also forget SX (╥﹏╥)(╥﹏╥) I wanna know what happens

Su Zexian and Blood A like this.
  12. xiin

xiin lazy <( ̄︶ ̄)>

Reading List:
    Link
    last arc~ is actually very fun and interesting. it's less 'action packed' in comparison to arc 13 but it will grow on you :blobmelt:

- XL wakes up as 'Xue Ling', a vase actor & audio drama voice actor who kinda sucks at acting and voice acting but has relied on his voice to get some minor success
    - This is a world set about 100 years into the future. Some things are futuristic but some are still pretty modern (like our current era), and it's dominated by giant families that hold most of the power
    - He finds himself tied to a 'entertainment counterattack system' (it's our system!!!) who tells him that his new goal is to dominate the entertainment industry.. XL finds it weird since he doesn't remember having such an ambition before, but goes with it
    - Records some voice recordings and discovers that he has suddenly gained talent overnight! and it's amazing! his manager then gives him a new, big audio drama to try for and he gets in

- meanwhile his contract with his current entertainment company is about to end. instead of resigning it, the system (and him) decide to go for a bigger company. the system recommends that he try for Tianxuan, which only has one film emperor but less competition
    - the system has done its research, Tianxuan is run/owned by the Su Family
    - XL auditions (they use the actual filming/auditions for a real film/drama as their test for signing contracts with the Tianxuan entertainment company) and wins the role as the main protagonist!
    - Instantly gets to meet the film emperor from Tianxuan, Su Liunian (Su Xuanyan's bro). on the same day, he bumps into Su Xuanyan, they're wearing the same jacket and XL goes into a little hissy fit about the fact that they're wearing the same thing (even tho they don't know eachother), while Su Xuanyan ignores him (because they don't know eachother)
    - That night, the system arranges it so that XL has dinner and drinks in the same place as ML...
    - XL got drunk and hit on Su Xuanyan, saying some inconceivable things like "my home is where you are" :blobmelt: and treating ML the same way he always did in previous worlds (the alcohol loosened the seal somewhat)
    - ML sends him home... and then starts to do research (aka stalking) because he realizes he's also lost memories of the past year

- XL is clueless, wakes up the next day and prepares to go shoot for the film he auditioned for. He works hard, has no personal life... everything is good but Su Liunian stumbles onto ML's room and sees all the stalkerish photos of XL all over the wall :blobpopcorn:
    - XL is now amazing at acting and everything goes super extra smooth
    - XL comes back from shooting and finds ML waiting at his door. ML brings up the fact that they seem to have a forgotten history and convinces XL to let him live together... and moves in. XL finds out from the system that actually, him and Su Xuanyan have been lovers for many lifetimes and is all :blobsleepless:
    - Moving in accelerates ML's recovery of his memories, but XL's fragments, while he can see the sometimes, are mostly locked until he finishes the task of dominating the entertainment industry
    - ML has already remembered everything after living with XL for two weeks, he doesn't believe that he won't be able to court one memory-less XL

- Su Liunian (SLN) is also a writer, he's written the script for the next film that SLN and XL will both star in - this was the main reason why Tianxuan was recruiting in the first place
    - While they're preparing for the shooting, ML takes XL out on vacation. they're not together yet but they spend a lot of time together and effectively re-'date', going everywhere together in their spare time... towards the end, XL tells ML that they should properly get married when he recovers his memories~

- the film SLN wrote that they co-star in wins many prizes, SLN and XL both win the 'best actor' award together, XL's memories come back and he gets his last tail
    - ML had already bought/arranged an entire mountain for XL to go through his tribulation~
    - XL goes through the tribulation, and when he comes back from it, him and ML get married right away, rent a hotel room, and :blobnosebleed:
    - ML is mortal in this life, but his soul isn't because he's a Boundary Holder. XL & ML plan to spend the rest of his life here, and then move on from world to world as a pair of souls after.

The extras:
    - Because they rented a hotel room, news of the top actor XL running off to do unspeakable things with a man comes out and causes an uproar~
    - Su Family holds a press conference and XL and ML come out to announce their relationship... more uproar~ Su Xuanyan tells everyone that they can't bear the consequences of touching anyone from the Su Family like a badass...
    - The system gets to stay with XL and ML together forever (the Ten Directions World gifts it to XL/ML to help facilitate them travelling through worlds)
    - They go to a zombie apocalypse world for their honeymoon, but ML being ML with his full memories... solves the apocalypse before it even begins, so that they can have fun in the world and not have to worry about it
    :aww:

Why all of this happened in the first place:
    As a boundary holder, Su Xuanyan's task was to fix the worlds, but when he fixed the world they lived in, it went against what the will of the world/author wanted, and the will of the world was unhappy and cursed Su Xuanyan with its dying intent, causing XL to be rejected from the world...
    XL grew up as a cultivator and was/is basically immortal, when he found Su Xuanyan and discovered the truth he had no way to accept it because he had already lived so much longer than Su Xuanyan. So they made a deal to go through all the worlds that the Ten Directions World was in charge of. This would simultaneously weaken the effect of the curse and if XL still felt the same way after it all, the bond between them could be broken without them dying~
    Obviously Su Xuanyan showed up and made sure it didn't happen :blobmelt:

What most people probably don't know (and I didn't realize either) is that WTMT is actually the fourth book in a series. So arc 14 has some interesting characters with vague but kinda fleshed out backgrounds... those are characters from the other stories in the series. The rest are NOT QT, but at least one of them (Su Liunian and his lover) has rebirth.

13. noblessBlood

noblessBlood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

14. Mynbns

Mynbns Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish someone would translate the story about Su Liunian and his lover....