Good job hunting techniques

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mnotia, May 26, 2019.

?

Was this helpful?

1. Yea, I thought this was helpful.

33.3%
  2. Nah, I already knew this stuff.

16.7%
  3. Logoff, you degenerate.

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Just like the title says. Do you guys have any good resume templates and if so, what do you put on yours, what should people expect when going into a interview, what questions might be asked, so on and so forth.

This is just a thread I made so that the unemployed people can have a better chance at getting a job.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    imK and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  2. Heimdallr

Heimdallr [I-don't-know-what-to-write-here]

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for rubbing salt into the wound...

imK, Mnotia and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  3. art17

art17 [Wandering Poet]

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhh.. if you have an inside connection(friends) you'll have a really big chances of getting hired...

imK and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  4. vlue

vlue Jaded Isekai-Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    Get basic social skills i guess, yeah i got nothing.

Yamcha and imK like this.
  5. LuminaDawn

LuminaDawn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While I'd like to help, I actually am in a job hunting phase as well T-T

imK likes this.
  6. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Lock gazes with the interviewer(s), take a bottle of cold water with you as you might not find any there, try to keep calm as long as you can however, if you feel you can't continue and start losing your cool then furrow your eyebrows clench your teeth and tighten your fists, aim at the closest interviewer and with your dominant arm deliver your strongest punch in which you put all of your strength, remember to aim for the leader because once the leader is down the others will lose their cool which makes it easier for you to take them down, if you have no confidence in your strength then use your chair but it would be better if you prepare a metal bat or anything that can deliver a good damage (your best choice should be a melee weapon to relieve the stress better) just in case beforehand, when everyone else is down drink your water to calm down then think about what you did, was it the right thing?
    if you think it was then congrtulations you just found your call, go offer your services as a killer or a hitman, but if you think it wasn't then calmly deliver yourself to the police and admit to your crime and from there start to develop your analytic skills, perhaps you will be successful in prison breaking and you will become a mafia boss or some great criminal that won't dirty their hands but leads others to the best criminal cases, or maybe, you will become a real life version/current age arsene lupin or something.
    People won't be proud of you, cops won't be proud of you and you won't be proud of yourself either but hey you got a job :blob_patpat:
    :blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek:
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tofu Cat, imK and Mnotia like this.
  7. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Go there presentable, say hi and shit, look them in the eye and just talk general shit, as long as you are decent then ok they may hire you depending on the other candidate. Having connections is good too. Even better is you can back it up with your skills or resume. Just make it on topic and don't ramble and shit. Keep the resume nice and simple, easy to read and skim through

Mnotia and imK like this.
  8. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    When interviewers ask me why I apply to this job, I just answer I need money to paid my bill and the workplace is near my home and I can attend perfectly on time. They also ask what my skill, I just said I do have some skills that job required, not best skill by anymeans but it's adequate in my opinion. Boom I got the job:aww:

If that not work, you can also try bullshiting them that you have many skills and relations to some people,but this method may end up bad:blobowoevil:

Deleted member 132527 and imK like this.
  9. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Just basic commonsense stuff. Do a little research on the job you're applying for. Know a bit about the company, what the position entails, what the standard rate for it is. If you don't know how to write a good cover letter then look it up online and practice before you start applying for jobs. Tailor your cover letter to the position. Address it to the person/department hiring if you know the info. Have two cvs/resumes. You send in the one that has the skills/work history relevant to the job. The second one is your full cv/resume. Have it on hand for your upcoming interview in case they ask for it.

Make sure you're dressed to the standard for the position you're applying for. If they don't have a particular dress code then at least be neat and tidy in appearance. Practice answering basic interview questions long before your first appointment. There's endless information on what kind of questions you can expect and what they actually want to hear from you. Clean up/make private your public, personally identifiable social media presence. Your LinkedIn, FB, etc. Expect you might be researched before you've even walked in the door. They might know more about you than you'd expect, so make sure what they might see is good.

Questions I routinely ask during interviews:

1. Tell me a little about yourself - I'm looking to know how you think, what you've done and why.

2. What do you know about the company? Do you know anything about us? Have you done any research on us? It's not an opportunity to kiss-ass. I'd like to know if you made the effort to learn about the company, even if it was just a little bit.

3. What is/are your biggest weakness(es)? Give me a concrete example of an actual weakness and how you've worked to improve it or how you've managed to overcome it.

4. Tell me about the toughest decision you've had to make in the past 6 months - I'm not talking about your personal life. This is strictly work-related. I'm looking for proof of your ability to solve problems. An angry customer you dealt with. A company process you improved. Tell me about something that sucked and how you fixed it. I'm looking to hire people who are capable of analyzing the situation and making decisions with respect to logic and interpersonal relationships.

5. What can we expect from you in the next 3 months? New Zealand specifically has a 90 day trial period. During the first 90 days of starting a new job, employers can fire/let go an employee without giving a reason. When I ask this question I want to hear from the candidate what their plans are relevant to the job description and what I can expect from them. Make a big point of outlining your skills. Give real examples of how you've used them in the past. Tell me how you'll make a difference with your skills. Basically, sell me your relevant skills.

6. What do you feel I need to know? This is the last question I ask about the prospective employee. Interviewing for a job can be nerve-wracking. It gives them an opportunity to bring my attention to traits/qualities/skills they have that I've missed. They also might have been too nervous to talk about other relevant information that could influence whether or not they get the position.

7. What questions do you have for me? This allows them to relax a little bit and focus on what they need to know about the company. It gives them the opportunity to ask further questions about the position, benefits, salary, etc. If they look a little lost or don't seem to know where to begin, I'll ask a few leading questions to help them out.

Lie at your own risk. Seriously, I mean it. You might get away with it. If you don't, you could wreck your reputation for a very long time. I don't know about other countries, but fraud is a serious thing here in New Zealand. If you're worried about your lack of qualifications or work experience, do volunteer work. Do an internship. Do something that proves you don't just sit on your ass bemoaning your lack of skills and/or luck. I'm not going to give you a job because I feel sorry for you. I'm going to give you a job because I see potential in you. Big difference.

Anyway, good luck!

10. Tofu Cat

Tofu Cat dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    Can go try on reddit too, there’s some pretty helpful people on there.

imK likes this.
  11. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please check the date before posting in a thread.

AliceShiki and Mnotia like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.