Recommendations Strong Female Protagonists With Specific Traits/Plots

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Chewie, May 1, 2018.

1. Ziavory

Ziavory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try desperation's need on scribble hub.

2. Potatoes

Potatoes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The legendary female strategist

This is what your looking for, definitely....

3. Nubzy

Nubzy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should definitely try:

- The Military Female Soldier With Unwavering Stubbornness
    - Mesmerizing Ghost Doctor
    - Rebirth of the Fim Emperor’s Beloved Wife
    - The Rebirth of the Rich and Wealthy
    - The Anarchic Consort

All of them have female protagonists.

4. adorkablehiko

adorkablehiko Ryuunosuke Tsunashi’s Hoe

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're fine with isekai novels, there's:

-The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent
    Protagonist doesn't seem like a damsel in distress since she's got powerful healing magic. The ML's doting on the MC, though they still haven't gotten together...
    -The White Cat That Swore Vengeance Was Just Lazing on the Dragon King’s Lap
    Sorta OP MC so she could somewhat deal with things on her own.

As for reincarnation ones:
    -I Don’t Want to Become a Villainess, So I Aim at Becoming a Perfect Lady Together with the Prince!
    This is adorable in my opinion, plus points for the prince being black-bellied.
    -Albert Ke no Reijou wa Botsuraku wo go Shomou desu
    This one is more about the villainness meeting her end, but doing a bad job of it and instead being friends with the heroine. It's really funny.
    -The Male Lead’s Villainess Fiancée
    Reliable and smart MC. There's sadly no antagonist as far as I know.
    -I Am Troubled That My Fiance Is A Villain
    I'm biased towards this last one cause I'm translating it, but it's actually a pretty good story about a normal mob character who somehow gets together with the supposed villain in one of the routes. The ML is also sort of calculating. All characters get character development, even the MC herself grows pretty early on from her mindset of "This is an otome game," to "This is real life omg." And for antagonists, their motives are quite reasonable, and don't even bully the MC until later on. The protagonist also is hella funny.

Edit: I just realized you said strong. Do you mean physically strong, or mentally strong?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  5. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    I second Return of the Swallow! :D Characters are all shades of gray there. Some are redeemed, some go back to not being redeemed. MC is most definitely strong.

6. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For a Prosperous World fulfills all of the requirements. It's a gender bender story with no romance so there's no male love interest to steal all the thunder. Also, it has one of the most unique takes on immortality I've ever seen - one where the reader can appreciate the passing of years, decades, and centuries. It's a historical novel so it has a ton of prominent figures of the periods and a ton of historical flavor. One caveat is that it's a sad story, not so much in the sense of tragic deaths, but more in the sense of profound sadness that comes from knowing that every close relationship you build will eventually end with the other party dying of old age, and that staying in the same place will mean coming back to the same empty household decade after decade. Still I think that the ending is fairly happy; albeit the only ending you can really have where the protagonist is properly immortal.

I'd recommend this book to anyone and I think it'll especially suit your requirements.

I tried reading this book until a character of the omnipotent stalker type showed up. Is he the forced love interest? Or is there something more going on with this book?

7. flannan

flannan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I recommend Maoyuu Maou Yuusha.

8. etvolare

etvolare Celestial Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Bahahaha thanks for the non-spoiler question! I think the author had a brain fart when introducing that character. Keep reading, he becomes much, much more fleshed out. Everyone does.

9. Flyaway

Flyaway Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Phoenix Destiny
    not a reincarnation or a transformed to a another world. A very strong and smart female lead. There is romance in the story, but later in the story around in the 200s.

10. Jade27

Jade27 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You may like Side Character Transmigrations: The Final Boss is No Joke, and also Quick Transmigration Cannon Fodder’s Record of Counterattacks. Even though they are transmigration novels, they feel refreshing to read as they break common stereotypes in these types of novels and have interesting female mc's. Give them a try :)

11. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
  12. ces2891

ces2891 New Member

Reading List:
    Link

I also like this story esp MCs wittiness...worth reading...

13. Flyaway

Flyaway Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is also Pampered Poisonous Royal Wife: It’s a rebirth, but the main character is sooo smart. Not Mary Sue I swear. All brains, but knows no martial arts. There are very few translated chapters though...
    There is romance but based on the chapters that are out, not yet. The Main character is adorable.

14. Mowlterran

Mowlterran Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. emersy

emersy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Youjo Senki : The Tale of Tanya the Evil the story is about a guy reincarnated into an alternate WW1 where magic exist. He reincarnated as a girl with high affinity in magic. the good thing about this series is the MC she is not your typical goody two shoes Reincarnator that consider the feelings of her people but she is a sociopathic individual who used others as a stepping stone to achieved her goals. she is also a fanatic to her empire ( she is allied to the nazis) she’ll kill anyone for that.

My fiancé is in love with my sister MC turns back time multiple of times in the story so that the like she likes , her fiance who is in love with her sister, loves her again but everytime it never happened and instead she bumps into bad situations and dies. she did anything to achieve happiness by giving the scum to her sister and she also elopes with the guy that ACTUALLY LOVED her but the ending is worst than the preceding events. the story is so good that you want to support the MC with her happy ending and hate the scum (fiancé) who is so dumb and selfish that he cant even consider the feelings of his own FIANCE

Bikini Warriors BOOBS

Common Sense of a Duke’s Daughter its the same as any MC reincarnated villainess but the story has a solid build up that does not give any cliche events that relates to that genre.

Reborn as my Love Rival’s Wife MC was once a guy who died in a car accident his soul transfer to the body of the woman in that similar accident the woman is in a contract marriage with the ML. if you want a fluffy and sugary romance that makes you feel good read this story. its actually completed so you won’t need to wait for an update. I recommend this story its one of the best CN novel I read

16. Sekai_Saesang

Sekai_Saesang Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi,

I've read those novels you mentioned and enjoy the same genre and started my own novel "Circumventing Fate" on Wattpad, Please do check it out, you will be pleasantly surprised. Please read, comment and vote!! Thank you

Synopsis: Lei Xing never expected anything from anyone and only believed and relied on herself to live well and succeed and aimed to enjoy life freely and untethered to anyone...She finally graduated law school and was on her way to truly accomplish her life of success and freedom...to commemorate this milestone, she decided to take a vacation...

"If I'm going to do it, I have to do in style!"

...and so she decided on a cruise and splurged her hard earned money on a luxury line...and then...Where the hell am I?!

No way! No way! This has to be a dream...I transmigrated?!!

Okay, at least I'm rich...I can still live happily and freely, it's a golden second opportunity at life and I will live it well!...maybe go traveling, start a business or something...but I am definitely not interested in any royal BS or fights, please keep your scheming lives to yourselves and leave me the hell out of it, NOT INTERESTED!!!

"Little chicken, as long as I'm alive you won't die."

"Nonsense, if anyone is going to cause my death, it would be you!!"

"Do you really feel nothing after all this time?" He asked as he looked at her with searching eyes, trying to see into her soul...

"...Who...would..." she mumbled under her breath...
    "That stupid old man, I'm going to end him when I find him...You better hide well!!"

17. reeree

reeree New Member

Reading List:
    Link

18. reeree

reeree New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sansheng, Wangchuan Wu Shang.
    My Disciple Died Yet Again
    My Master Disconnected Yet Again

Bruh every one of these novels have really straightforward, funny, chill, laidback, strong female mcs
    I found them when searching for novels with rating above 4.5

there is also a cute oneshot: It’s Because You Said There Would Be Candy!!
    oh and also if you’re into gender bend: Reborn as My Love Rival’s Wife

Ascending, Do Not Disturb is also a good novel. The girls around mc speak shit about her and she doesnt scheme, kill, or use underhanded dirty methods like every other cn FL. She simply smiles at the haters. The bitches always get annoyed at mc because she doesn’t react. And what i like the most about her is that she isnt a petty brat like every other female protagonist in ancient china novels.

19. joonwoossi

joonwoossi New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ruyi likes this.
  20. Onymous

Onymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link