Spoiler The Rebirth of an Ill-Fated Consort

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Jiye, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Xhuomi

Xhuomi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you i will try to re mlt the chapter and can't wait for her to have a little support from her mother family and brother + also i want to see her meet the her adopt son <3

UltimateFangirl likes this.
  2. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Xhuomi
    I'm still MTL at chapter 116. Start to enter palace politic. Not yet meet the adopted son.
    But the Zhao family support or their involvement was .....not really there, maybe the author forgot about them LOL
    Her brother had that sis-com :D he adored her and would follow her instruction (scheming) even when he's doubtful/confuse. He even dared to refuse Emperor concubine suggestion for her sister's marriage (if im not wrong)

And it is really strange tho. I totally forgot that MC is just an 11year old girl, not yet a woman. YET, the author kept described her as an elegant beauty, or something along those line, how MC was qualified as a woman, you'd really think her as of age ready to marry woman with how the description from the males of her and so on.
    Yes, I understand, in ancient chinese, people marry around 15-20year old, so maybe it's not really pedo or anything, BUT! She was still 11years old, how the heck, an 11 year old girl has the charming/beauty/alure side to people is something I dont understand.........Like, her body was totally flat (top and bottom), short, right? :unsure::confused:
    At least, now (chapter 116ish) she's 14yo, 3years later plot-wise :whistle:

3. whiteapparition

whiteapparition Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Kaylee
    I mean, I can understand charming and beauty, but you're right, alluring is a bit... Though, age of marriage ranged between 12-16, 17 is often considered an "old maid" back then.

4. Fielle

Fielle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Youngest concubine sister?
    Hmm. That would be the timid and have small presence in the Jiang Fu right? I think her name have a Dan or something. But, I sure cant believe that she's hidden well ah!

5. whiteapparition

whiteapparition Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone mentioned that Jiang Dan is the one who killed MC's mom, I wonder how that happened? She was still a child??? Was she used by stepmom?

TyShaye and honingzoet like this.
  6. vaishali

vaishali Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Raw link pls........

7. reard

reard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just search the name in chinese. You can find it pn the novelupdate page.

I found funny how the sister dies. I found it a bit anticlimax like the author did not know what to do with her anymore.

8. Belli

Belli PRO-crastinator Corgy

Reading List:
    Link
  9. a_b

a_b Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

TyShaye likes this.
  10. Kai7

Kai7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Xiayan(MC's stepmom) threatens Jiang Dan to poison MC's mother. Jiang Dan is basically a bad egg. She also poisons mc thinking that if only she is left MC's mother will take care of her more. Throughout the story she is always wishing mc to die or have a bad life

11. Mangafreakspark

Mangafreakspark Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Long feiye of PGC is actually a very good ml,he has his reasons for taking precautions against hyx because the emperor is out to get him and it doesn't help that she became different from the story he was told which kinda painted her as calculating and a scheming woman

Vico, kurohamukami and Anuska like this.
  12. Eristol

Eristol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh, I also commented about that in a chapter. A 11 year old doesn't fit such descriptions. I mean if they at least made her 13 or 14 I would still believe it since a lot of girls tend to have a growth spurt around that age. But 10 and 11 is just ... a bit too young for such descriptions. And then there is her younger sister Su Su, who is stated to be the most "beautiful woman" in the capital when she is only 10! Like what? I mean when I was 10 I was still tiny and my mum could still pick me up. My growth mostly completed around the age of 14 and I am an asian too. So I seriously feel like questioning exactly what kind of culture they had in ancient ages that they thought of tiny 10 year olds as "heaven defyingly beautiful" "alluring" "fairy like" etc. Being married off around the age of 10 or 11 wasn't uncommon in my country either around 40 years ago, so I understand they considered girls as adults around that age and all, but it still feels kind of disturbing.

13. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Eristol Right?
    Even if beauty perception in ancient china and present day are different, however a 10 and 11 year old girl physicals are the same everywhere, right? Especially when they are Asians heritage, maybe if they're western caucasian, I can imagine but........for Asians, 10 till 13 sometimes 15 year old girl is still looking like a child, still short with undeveloped body. The eyelids are still not developed either.
    Yeah, and I found it disturbing whenever I think of how they think 10-15year old children as mature to marry, and how they think their physical are pretty and now whenever I think that .....I feel like I understand those sick pedohile think of children.....ugh......I alw scare at this thought........

14. Sarah 626

Sarah 626 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hi, where can i read chapter 100 of this novel

15. bleedingliar24

bleedingliar24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly pedophilia was rampant and quite normalized back then along with arranged marriages (alas not only in ancient Chinese culture, almost all of the other ancient cultures participated in it). Because people didnt live that long back then, and as women would also stop having children somewhere between their 40s to 50s, it was better to get them married young. For all they say the ancient medicinal arts are amazing it cant prevent menopause.

kurohamukami, stumblmer and Eristol like this.
  16. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No way read the black belly prince abandoned consort. You will see that the ML is even worst than Eastern palace

Vico likes this.
  17. Sarah 626

Sarah 626 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    please tell me where can i read this novel complete

18. Mangafreakspark

Mangafreakspark Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True, I was 17 plus before I grew my boobies and I really don't think a 13yr old is that developed either

stumblmer likes this.
  19. Eristol

Eristol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    East asian girls look like they have slower growth compared to the south asian in general. Mainly due to the difference in ethnicity and physical strature. I am a south asian to be specific and girls in my country are mostly fully developed by the age of 14 the earliest or 16 at most. I am currently 20 and I can still wear my clothes from when I was 14 since my physical structure didn't change much except that I grew slightly taller. But if we are talking about China, east asia mainly, the girls around that region tend to look slender and short even as adults so perhaps, the difference don't look too obvious between a young teen or an young adult. I don't claim to know all about the differences between asian ethnicities but this is just how it seems from my perception at least.

kurohamukami and stumblmer like this.
  20. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Sarah 626
    Maybe you can write more clearly, what you need, a translation or the original?
    And maybe you could read this post from 1st page till last or go to the NU page (the link is in 1st page) to look for more info on how far the the novel translation and the original goes.
    Honestly, I'm a bit lazy to answer question when the answer can be found easily by reading the NU page or digging the NUF page just like this one. I'm newbie too not a year member.

orematcha likes this.