Recruitment Recruiting Japanese Translators

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by Deleted member 117457, May 30, 2019.

1. Deleted member 117457

Deleted member 117457 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    We're Kuhaku Translations and we translate both Chinese and Japanese novels.

We welcome anyone who's interested in helping with Japanese Translation

We accept almost everyone, but if you are trying to find a job or is working for money then this is not the place for you.

If you want to translate a novel, there is no requirement for how many chapters you put out for a week. But there has to be a schedule that you decide on when you will put out the chapter. You can do whatever schedule you want. Machine Translation is allowed but must be edited so that it can be readable.

For editors, you just have to be good at grammar and sentence structure.

You can either bring your own novel or help with a novel already on the site but you would need to contact me on discord or email me for more information.

If you're interested, please head over to our website and recruitment page for more information.

I still can't post links yet so remove all the spaces of the link below
    http:// kuhakulightnoveltranslations. com/ recruitment/

I'll be waiting! Thank you guys for taking your time to read.

2. FoolishCarp

FoolishCarp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    basically, looking for a slave to work for you for zero money.
    Whats more hilarious is that there are ads in your site and you aren't going to share the revenue. So I was right you are profiting off slave labor

Agent47, thymee, Wujigege and 2 others like this.
  3. 222222

222222 12121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Reading List:
    Link
    It was initially a free fan service. It was only recently that translators expected to be supported with donations.

Ads are a shitty way to generate revenue, there's no reason to complain about ads. Are you really going to be jealous for $1/1000 views?

Wujigege likes this.
  4. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're 'hiring' translators and not actually paying them, that's not hiring. There must be a proper and acceptable remuneration for work done for you. If you are not paying, then you are not hiring. You're just taking advantage of them, like how internships are basically unpaid slave work.

Ai-chan would suggest removing every instance where you said 'hire' or similar.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    kenar, Agent47, Jaspaaar and 5 others like this.
  5. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    I would just like to note that there are paid internships, so not all of them are unpaid slave work. A lot are, especially in the entertainment industry (to my knowledge.)

#AichanIsMyGoddess

Ai chan likes this.
  6. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    Unpaid internship is illegal in dozens of states in the USA, and frankly speaking, paid internships are basically just probationary jobs lol

7. Cnine

Cnine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohohoho, how interesting.
    Let's asume that you got the average of 7k view per day times 30.
    The result is 210k, Which equivalent to $210. Even in the worst case it would be around $100.

FoolishCarp likes this.
  8. King0Mik

Reading List:
    Link
    Which states exactly? As far as I know, unpaid internships merely need to meet the requirements of the DOL's guidelines for unpaid internships in addition to any additional requirements from the state government. (I'll be honest; I only looked up New York, California, Texas, and Florida, which all allow unpaid internships given that the DOL's guidelines are followed and for NY and CA, their own guidelines as well.)
    Unpaid interns also do not enjoy all the legal benefits of being an employee.
    Generally, these guidelines apply to for-profit companies as non-profits are allowed to have "volunteers."

I have a friend whose college required him to do an internship for credit, and many unpaid internships serve this purpose (to provide college credit).

9. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link

It depends on the type of internship. If the unpaid intern is doing something that a worker would typically do, that is illegal. If the company is profiting off of the work of the unpaid intern, that is also illegal. If the company promises a position after the internship, that is (technically) illegal. There are a lot of little things here and there that would make the vast majority of internships around the US illegal. It's not necessarily that unpaid internships are illegal...just that the way internships are typically done are illegal. I don't think a single one of my internships have ever been legal. The main thing being the whole "doing the job that a normal employee would typically be doing" thing. They almost always push the interns to do the job of a normal employee, at which point they are just free labor...which is illegal.

So basically, I'm arguing about a misnomer. The "internships" that I'm referring to are illegal unpaid labor. You are talking about the equivalent of a practice test for college credits, you just happen to have to "work" at a "job" for the credit.

Wujigege likes this.
  10. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    $1/1000 is not possible
    It is more like $1/10000 views and could be much less

So it is more like $21 or $10 and even less if all your viewers are from low ad revenue locations like Indonesia or if the novel is unpopular

11. Cnine

Cnine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fortunately Indonesian hate to learn English, though they still one of my readers main base including NA, SA, and AUS

12. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand your point but what I know is this. Websites are violating Google Ads policy.
    So they end up using third party or even 4th party ad networks.

Imagine from $100.
    Google takes 30%
    2nd ad company takes 30%
    Only $40 is left

13. niznet

niznet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, most of them are hate to learning and impatient, instead they using google translate so they can read the english translation.
    *Indonesian MTL Site is having glorious income thanks to them.

14. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously? Man, Ai-chan could whip up some translation, replace Malay words with its Indonesian counterpart and boom! Instant win.

Although Ai-chan isn't an Indonesian, Ai-chan has frigged to www.17tahun.net before. So Ai-chan is quite qualified.

15. King0Mik

Reading List:
    Link
    Those three cases are illegal and are probably malpractice on the side of the companies who do such thing. More than likely, they are claiming that it is "educational" and does not actually replace the job of a real employee (even though it may), but it's also possible that such things aren't actually checked by the government as much.
    The DOL's guidelines essentially allow for unpaid internships, notably if it is educational, and the intern is aware that it is unpaid.
    upload_2019-5-30_15-7-44.png
    Your first example is illegal due to 6 (because the intern's work should not displace an employee's work).
    Your second example is illegal in some states (such as New York which adds that particular condition), but not necessarily all states and not illegal simply based on these guidelines.
    Your third example is illegal due to 7.
    Moreover, these primarily refer to for-profits; non-profits can get away with more unpaid labor than can for-profits.

If you think that you've been doing the work of an employee during an unpaid internship, you can file an unpaid wage claim.

Also, I would not consider unpaid internships that are used for college credits "the equivalent of a practice test for college credits."
    In American universities, it is possible to test out of certain classes. (However, I definitely wouldn't call this a "practice test" since it is an actual test.)
    You don't necessarily need to spend a particular period of time (i.e. summer, etc.) "work"ing. Rather, you only need to study the material, or if you already know the material, you only need to review it at most, which in my opinion, may be less work than an unpaid internship.
    Moreover, these tests essentially give you credit for a particular course to show that you already know the information that would have been taught in that course had you taken it.
    Unpaid internships require you to be at a specific place at a specific time doing some specific task.

As for my friend who did an unpaid internship, the company who had the unpaid internship was not directly affiliated with the college he was attending. His unpaid internship was in the music industry, and he had to do many small tasks, such as getting coffee (which is fairly common in that industry to my knowledge). I doubt that it could be considered a "practice test."
    Moreover, these require unpaid internships may not necessarily even have to be in the student's own major.

FoolishCarp likes this.
  16. Cnine

Cnine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that what happened to yours
    Σ(・ω・;|||
    Well, I've never participate using Indonesian server. Dollar is stronk.

17. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, at first until I got approved by Adsense.
    One company took 6 months to pay what they power owe me even though I reached the threshold