Recommendations Looking for some Cultivation Novels to read.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Tanhalevi, May 27, 2019.

1. Tanhalevi

Tanhalevi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am following it and reading it every day with lots of love.
    There are some boring chapters from time to time, but it is indeed a unique gem.

Thank you for your comment, I am happy even if we are speaking about a novel I already like!

Have a nice day/night!

2. Ikan

Ikan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Druidic cultivation from RRL. Unique cultivation system, ML with good head. The cons is, there is low amount of chapter as its still ongoing novel.

Forge of destiny, Broken Chain. Both also from RRL.

Tanhalevi likes this.
  3. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Molting the Mortal Coil, from RRL. MC reincarnates into the body of an outer family member, and soon witnesses the family's Young Master kill a child in the street. A number of chapters later, the MC's Family, excusing the MC, is killed by the murdered child's brother who trained for Revenge, and the MC has to go on the run to avoid being killed by his family's past competition. He does NOT attempt to seek revenge. The story seems to be continually like that, never departing far from normal Cultivation Novel Tropes, but not having the MC follow them without reason. For example, the MC is still cultivating in the earthly realms, and is older than many Cultivation Protagonists are at the end of their story, if you excuse their "closed door cultivation" time (seriously, the number of Cultivation Protagonists manage to reach the peak of power before they reach 30 years old, ignoring their closed door cultivation time, is frankly stupid. Including closed door cultivation time, the number that are under 100 is worse).

+1 for Druidic Cultivation, from RRL. It's currently short, only 21 chapters at time of posting. However, the MC's backstory is interesting and is already "going against the heavens" by simply living. The Cultivation System is still being developed by the writer, but looks to be interesting. And the MC's "cheat" makes sense in the context of the story, and has already been explained in full.

Tanhalevi likes this.
  4. GhostXYZ

GhostXYZ Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do not know if you read them, but im gonna recommend only translated and finished. I for one am not the type that likes to wait for new chapters to appear:

Coiling Dragon
    Warlock of the Magus World - its with magic but the way it goes is similar to cultivation
    Desolate Era

Tanhalevi likes this.
  5. Tanhalevi

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for your imputs!
    I hope you are having a Wonderful day and will have a good night of sleeping!

I am, actually, reading the three of them!
    I know that a lot of people were bothered by the similarities between the last two, but it did not bother me!

I am thankful, however, for your comment!

Hello!
    Thank you for giving such a detailed reasoning behind your suggestion!
    I am thankful for that!
    I had previously ignored Mortal Coil (it might be in my "Read Later", actually, but I have the bad habit of letting novels rot in there checking them only once every few weeks.
    I will probably give it a shot thanks to your comment!

I already like Druidic Cultivation, thank you for suggesting it however!

I hope you have a good day/night!
    Be well!

Thank you, GhostXYZ for the kind thoughts behind your suggestion of novels!

I have actually already read WMW and was thinking about starting once again reading it, but the thought of the weaker second half of the novel scared me a bit away from doing it.

We can say that I also "read" Coiling Dragon.
    It's "read" because I stopped like 5 chapters before the ending, at the scene where
    He gets his mother back in exchange for the blood essence of the four beasts
    because I felt like the character was too stupid and gullible.
    I have, however, read what happens in a spoiler in the past, so it's okay.

I tried reading it again like, idk, 2 months ago. I highly disliked his travels in the second half of the novel however,it felt boring and had to stop there.
    It seems like there is no fate between me and Coiling Dragon.
    I have, however, suggested it to a friend who might be interested. Oh, well.

Thank you, despite my problems with the novel!

As for Desolate Era... I have heard a lot of people dislike it, so I was careful to never read it.
    Would you say the hate is undeserved?

Would it trouble you to say why you like Desolate Era and suggested it?
    Obviously if you have time and desire to, no hard feelings otherwise, I am already grateful!

Darius Drake likes this.
  6. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a minor warning about Moulting the Mortal Coil. It's slow, and purposefully so. The author considers it more an exercise in world-building than a traditional Cultivation Novel Author does, giving details, character explanations, showing the ins and outs of numerous details and more that most Cultivation Novels outright avoid so that they can have their character become the strongest the fastest. The MC has SOME of the luck that a typical Cultivation Novel Protagonist has, but nothing suggests that he has that level, nor is he the only person who does, with minor and/or side characters being shown to being closer to typical Cultivation Novel Protagonists than the MC as a reference point.

Tanhalevi likes this.
  7. Tanhalevi

Reading List:
    Link

I realized that I had already tried reading it, but unfortunately stopped just at the beginning (when he was in the cave).
    I did not find it easy to read.

Oh, well. I'll give it another try!

Have a good day/night!