Recommendations Novels where the MC doesn't forgive his abusive family

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by rhianirory, May 31, 2019.

1. rhianirory

rhianirory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm burnt out on novels where the MC is abused and bullied by his clan/family for years but as soon as he gets strong he forgives them and even works hard to make them better/stronger/ more powerful. I'm looking for stories where the MC doesn't just forgive and forget, or novels with no clan/ family to annoy me. any genre is fine as long as it's decent.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  2. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  3. DameSkyler

DameSkyler Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Rebirth of the Malicious Empress of Military Lineage - Female MC. She was an Empress eventually ruined and killed by her relatives, but she had the chance to go back in time and make them pay (amongst other grand plans). It's one of the major plots of the story, so suffice to say, what they did to her in the first lifetime was returned tenfolds.

rhianirory likes this.
  4. rhianirory

Reading List:
    Link
    that would be nice but it doesn't have to be revenge driven or anything. could also be no family at all or missing family like World of Cultivation or My House of Horrors. i really don't care which genre as long as the MC doesn't just roll over like a good puppy and come running back to help the people who kicked him while he was down.

5. Warlock Of The Void

Warlock Of The Void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I ask in which story did u read it , because most of the stories I read either have MC leaving them to rot , moving on , or destroying them ( in the ones that they exist ) . In most MC is an orphan or has a good (but weak ) family

kennykdogg and PotatoZero like this.
  6. jppe

jppe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. cosmicimmortal

cosmicimmortal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. ediav42

ediav42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the Death Mage who doesn’t want a fourth time could apply. But it is a bit special that Mc has nothing to do with them anymore (and doesn’t care) after he dies. It is a worthwhile read still. Even better (for you), Mc is incapable of forgiving people who step past his bottom line until he satisfies his grudge in a satisfying way (usually killing them).

rhianirory likes this.
  10. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    Quite a lot of CN's with female MC, methinks

11. bakugo

bakugo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Omniscient Viper

Omniscient Viper [Evil MC Enthusiast] [Park Jimin Biased]

Reading List:
    Link
    From the spoilers I read, the harem Is actually In pretty bad taste. I won't say here because of 1. It's a spoiler and 2. I'm not 100% sure If the person was telling the truth or just trolling.

13. rhianirory

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read so many that they've all started to blend together, but there are so many with the same start that listing them all would take forever. it's mostly in the beginning of the story, true, and later he moves on to the sect and the clan/family is only mentioned when someone else threatens them or destroys them because of the MC actions, driving him to get revenge despite the fact that they didn't care about him at all until he had power. usually the MC is from a side branch or orphaned, but still under the "care" of family/clan. alternatively, the story starts when he's already in a sect and you can replace "clan" with "sect," but it follows the same pattern.
    i'm looking for stories outside that basic pattern so it doesn't have to be cultivation focused, but that has been most of what I've been reading other than horror and world hopping stories.

yes but most female MC lose their strength, independence and often basic intelligence as soon as the (usually much older) ML comes into the picture. He pampers and treats her like a child and she schemes and causes more trouble and then has to be rescued from the consequences of her own actions, though there are exceptions that i have enjoyed, like Crossing the Future, Doomsday Wonderland and Reign of Hunters. if you know more please feel free to suggest.

AsTheNameDictates likes this.
  14. rhianirory

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In most of the clan stories it's only a few people targeting the MC. Most likely the faction opposed to the MC and/or his parents rather than the entire clan.
    The OP's post reminds me of LM's whining about his clan.

16. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    In some novels, there are some 'equally famous cultivators of similar power to the MC' who are infamous for such situations, being harassed, and then wiping out their families who did it after they reached their breaking point.

People wouldn't really befriend those guys , would they ?

Of course, the treatment of those novels where they do spare their families varies, some effectively become the patriach but are too busy, some take great responsiblities in running, some become the shadow patriarch, an elder who's powerful enough to decide everything if they so feel like etc.

That being said, most of those novels tend to atleast have a few family members who if not outright help the MCs, then don't look down on them as much, and when the MCs get power, those people tend to be put in better positions in the family.

17. rhianirory

Reading List:
    Link
    i wasn't trying to start an argument or a debate, i just wanted a couple of reading suggestions :facepalm:

18. pkhyber

pkhyber Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It only recently goes into harem route in latest volume. Harem seem forced and excuse by author for mc to rely on strong family since
    -mc had already rejected the girl in past.
    -mc is too smart to fell into girl's scheme and there was not enough pre romance plot.
    But mc destroys his clan pretty much in earlier volume.

But its's worth reading for other things in novel as mc is rational and great at scheming.

19. cosmicimmortal

cosmicimmortal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ahh, thanks, ill probably add it to my reading list