Is Reverend Insanity banned or not?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by UltimateRighteousHero, Jun 1, 2019.

1. UltimateRighteousHero

UltimateRighteousHero Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've found some news about Reverend Insanity being banned by Chinese gov which means the end of raws and translation. Apparently the novel should be removed from QI, too, but it's still there for now. Fans are already panicking but no one has provided any source of this info. So do you know anything about it? And if it's true is there any chance that RI will come back without being heavily censored? I'm really gonna cry a river if it's the end of our most righteous hero Fang Yuan...

2. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if you search Google there are about a million and one websites with it so it won't be gone for good even if Qidian has to remove it. I also don't think the censor extends to English sites so as long as they have the source material it should be fine.

UltimateRighteousHero likes this.
  3. ediav42

ediav42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First I’m hearing of this and it sucks if true. But I don’t think it is... though it would depend what it is being banned for. I doubt it would be banned by China for being graphic or what not... at least I don’t think they censor things for that. I would think they would censor things for inciting free thinking, labor laws, and stuff that is inconvenient for their communist government... at least that is my opinion from and outsiders POV as I am not Chinese or living there (though your average citizen may not even realize the censor...).

Though maybe Mc literally fighting against a physical representation of fate and the current (crappy) world order would be enough to raise alarms ? Who knows. I’m gonna google this to see if it has anything

I suppose the simplest way to see if it was banned would be to look at the raws counter (should be 2599+ today) on its novelupdates page and see if it changes one day

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  4. UltimateRighteousHero

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it's impossible to remove existing translations and raws from various sites, but the most important question is if the author will be able to continue this novel according to his original concept...

hammer likes this.
  5. gheist1234

gheist1234 |Path Finder| 『WuxiaWworld Vet.』|Beardy| |Zen|

Reading List:
    Link
    I has been updated today too so i don't know if they will drop it, since they would quite likely stop paying the translator...

6. Olis

Olis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think we need to worry. This would only affect Chinese readers until they finish checking his novel. I just hope there won't be any censorship. Then again every cultivation novels already have too much blood and gore so i don't see why they will single this one out.

7. UltimateRighteousHero

Reading List:
    Link
    I've looked for info and some people say that Reverend Insanity got removed form Chinese QI and others say that it's not removed but under review, so it can be approved or not.

Slayerwolfx2 and gheist1234 like this.
  8. UltimateRighteousHero

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope you're right but I think the problem might be a mindset of MC, not gore etc.

Obarou likes this.
  9. Cancel

Cancel Procrastinator

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard that RI is not the only novel being removed from qidian. It's probably under review now. Hope it's gonna come back soon.
    One other reason is that the author may have removed it to avoid this sensitive period (tiananmen square anniversary).

10. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yeah, I had it confused with Renegade Immortal for a moment thinking it was already finished.

Well there's currently 2335 chapters of raws so that should be enough to last a while, but yeah hopefully author can continue the story and finish it properly.

11. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
  12. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think that they would censor the righteous Fang Yuan who is out to correct the wrong world and restore order and equality of all living beings.

Joke aside, Reverend Insanity did not deal with real-life politic, religious and sexual scenes, so I don't think it would be removed.

13. mm38910

mm38910 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Obarou and UltimateRighteousHero like this.
  14. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that novel, it's pretty hardcore! If it's under review then I think people should brace themselves.

Obarou likes this.
  15. RabiezMonkey

RabiezMonkey Member

Reading List:
    Link
    let's pray that we can read this story till the end... will pass the review and continue being our daily happy injection...!! Nowdays it's hard to find some good anti-hero novels, so... I really really fall in love with this one... TT_TT

16. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry. Knowing the author, he will find a way to finish his story. He just needs to find a place to send links after he finishes. We will keep updated with him.

17. Reimaru

Reimaru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry to bump this thread but anyone knows how is the review status of RI? It's been hanging for about 4 months or so already.

SourDaiDai likes this.
  18. disagreeable

disagreeable Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First time I heard of this. Sounds horrible. Another thing going to ruin by the chinese government

Odorico likes this.
  19. Odorico

Odorico Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah, I imagine the government isn't terribly fond of the whole Gu Yue clan arc when Fang Yuan monologues repeatedly about how stupid loyalty to the clan system is.

20. giratina143

giratina143 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mc with free thinking? Can’t have that now can we.

Daiosta_Pica_Dura likes this.