Discussion A Response to KCDS.

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Aster0x, Apr 5, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Kuro_0ni and LaDyViL like this.
  2. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    kenar and Fuyuneko like this.
  3. kobatochandaisuki

kobatochandaisuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But eventually some other group or translator would be on it I guess. But me and my group won't be on it for an indefinite time (or just never) for sure.

4. burham pratama

burham pratama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would you like to take reincarnated sword master? Or may be rebirth of heavenly demon, or maybe some one out there, please !!!

5. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry but it is our policy to avoid picking up novels so very likely no...are these chinese novels btw?

burham pratama likes this.
  6. burham pratama

Reading List:
    Link
    No no, both of them is korea novel, rebirth of heavenly demon is hosted in gravity tale before, now it was down from there, and reincarnated sword master is hosted in some group translation i forget their name but the entire web site is down right now

7. burham pratama

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer you to pick (if you can) reincarnated sword master actually it almost like the problematic sss-class suicide hunter, death and going back to past, but in RSM every time the mc dead the mc going back to when he is still teen, but with his qi and memory intact. Some body even give 5 stars review down there,

8. ss248

ss248 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    KCDS should really be the last person to ask to pick up the novel if you want it to be actually translated.
    His "group" picked up more than a dozen novels over the years, but did they finish at least one? I don't think so.
    He is too busy power-tripping and creating drama. It's really no wonder why people "rebel" and do things behind his back, no sane person would put up with his bullshit.
    Still laughing at numbers he pays (at least what he says) to host that duct-taped garbage bin site.

Helaine likes this.
  9. burham pratama

Reading List:
    Link
    He is finishing eer actually, so where i should recomend those novel?

10. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there you don't know why.
    Actually, quite many translators prefer to start new instead of picking up something started by someone else for various reasons. But that, you don't know and don't care about it since you just wanna bash on me. And there's quite a number of groups dropping novels.
    Seriously, I want to finish the novels but there's nobody up to finish them. And nobody asked to pick them up neither.
    Btw, I'd say we do not "pick up" but we "start" novels. Cuz pick up sounds like it was dropped and we took it. While we always start new most of the time.

11. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    To Qidian (lol). I'm afraid you're unlikely to find a group able to since korean translators are quite rare...

12. ss248

ss248 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't need to "bash at you". Just stating the truth.
    For some strange reason competent people, who are able to actually release the chapters consistently, cannot work with you for too long.
    God only knows if "FFF-class Trash Hero" would be able to survive at least till chapter 140, but i wouldn't bet on it.
    If you care about reputation so much, maybe consider fixing your attitude, and, while you are at it, maybe also fix that trash site that barely works.

13. burham pratama

Reading List:
    Link
    I know why people dont like you but thats okey as long you still doing your work properly, and dont mention that qidian ashole, how can they just use first name to all character there even mc, they are doing that in the first hunter, just consider to read reincarnated sword master please, they have 700+ chapter.

14. kobatochandaisuki

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously, it would be great if I could help you but then we cannot afford to work another serie yet...Sorry man. But will think about your recommendation eventually if things get better :)
    Thanks!

15. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's been a while since I last posted. First of all, I would like to say this. I sincerely hopes @kobatochandaisuki won't quit translating because every translation counts. It's sure sucks to have your translator quits on you without warning, especially when they even walked away with the project they started with you. I totally understand the betrayal you felt for the breach of trust.

At the same time, I also sincerely hopes that Neria and 100WS would not quit translating as well because I highly admire their quality efforts in translating for the community. Neria does sounds like a hardworking guy because it seems like he could practically churns out 1 chapter of translated work everyday (based on the chatlogs) and could even work on more than 1 novels! Neria is really an awesome translator for that! And so, it's a no wonder that 100WS took him in with open arms.

From what I read, the issue here happened because Neria jumped ship without tendering proper resignation to kobatochan, causing multiple misunderstanding of both sides. Understandably, Neria have reasons for jumping ship, and the reason is legitimate enough for Neria (lack of support etc). Although the cause for Neria's jumping ship may have come from kobatochan himself, still, it's not a good practice to jump ship without saying proper goodbye to your former employer. So basically, next time if the translator wants to jump ship, just remember to let your soon-to-be former group knows about it to avoid further mess.

The below are just speculation of my part.
    It seems highly unlikely that Neria is a mole for 100WS, since there's no real benefits/motives for doing that. I think the only kinda scheming thing 100WS did is when 100WS takes over the project SSS despite knowing that the project belongs or had belonged (based on the claim Neria quits 1 month ago) to kobatochan. While the work that the translator did is his own, when you starts a project with a translator group, the work's ownership becomes joint to the group as well.

It's kinda like an unwritten rule that you do not take a project that a translator group is already/planning on working. That's why kobatochan does not do pick up but take on new works instead. It's highly implied that way because each translator group does not want to start 'translator war' with each other because competition in digging holes is definitely not fun.

So, my six sense tells me that by taking up the SSS novel, they knew of the implications involved and may have already built up plans to counteract against kobatochan?

Kuro_0ni, Helaine and Kii like this.
  16. burham pratama

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats enaugh thank you

17. Bugis-san

Bugis-san Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the end of this drama no matter who win or lose, we the readers will always lose.

pr337k4m4197 likes this.
  18. pr337k4m4197

pr337k4m4197 ✪ KILLER SMILE!!!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    yup! i just read up to chap 5, and i want more but there's none.
    but i guess this drama will do for now (entertained me for good 2 hours :blobpopcorn::blobsmilehappyeyes:)
    ps. i support salt boi:blobhero::blobsalute:

kcds seems a little immature and way too impulsive to be a boss, she/he feels like an entitled little kid. deffo would not want to work under her. btw i noticed many people comparing the novel chosen(by kbcd for neria) to shit like girlfriends and shit, but remember she merely chose the novel, it was just one of the many novels she had read and liked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.