Discussion Pokemon TCG: Detective Pikachu

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by OverlyFriendly, Jun 3, 2019.

1. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    For more than a decade I have been a casual collector of pokemon cards. I have collected many, cards stored in boxes I have inevitably lost- but when I come across a small packet of Pokemon Trading Cards, I cant help but at least buy a pack still.

In all my years of very casual collecting, I have actually never learnt to play- until after using some codes I had lying around for the online version. It's actually pretty fun. The rules are also easy to pick up.

Back on topic for the most part; after 2 weeks of seeing the delightful showing for Detective pikachu, I happened to find a Pokemon card pack for $23NZD. I almost didnt want to buy it, but I was tempted and I got it.
    Here's some pics:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The cards are all the holographic ones... and the pictures are admittedly horrible.
    Was trying to capture the holographic sheen so it was... didnt even get the pikachu's holographic.

So what are everyone's thoughts of the Pokemon Trading Card Game? Do you play it or just casually collect the cards like I did? Did you get this set?
    Discussion time! \o

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Ophious, AliceShiki, NekoMK2 and 2 others like this.
  2. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I played it very casually a decade or two ago~

It was pretty fun, but I never got much into it~

3. Athanes

Athanes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heya Oly, if I remember correctly I received my cousin's collection when I was young and also casually collected few myself afterwards. All of it was unfortunately lost somewhere, probably while moving... I think I never used them to play, I just liked pokemon.

4. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a small collection of them that I got from trading yugioh cards with my friends
    Had no idea how to play and still don't but they were nice to look at, though they ended up getting thrown out a few years ago during the big spring cleaning event

5. OverlyFriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, pretty sure that was the case of what happened to mine too. Got lost while moving :/
    The artwork of some of the cards were nice and I had a minor hobby of redrawing them.
    Hard to give people a reason to keep them if you don't even play. I think I got a few yu gi oh cards myself but they confused me a great deal more and most of the monsters werent as cute or cool.

6. Athanes

Athanes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, my cousin also used to redraw them, so among her/my collection were quite a few pokemon drawings. She was pretty good too, it's a pitty they were lost.

7. OverlyFriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, that is a shame. I think pokemon is great in that aspect as it lacks too complicated parts to make it difficult. It's also nice how they have different art styles, with some cards have a pic of a clay or knitted figurine with a backdrop

8. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the entire reason why I traded for them was just because they looked nice also I had an excess amount of yugioh cards
    No one really played it at my old school so there wasn't much I could do about it but in all honesty I'd probably have still garbage them since they were quite old and ripped up

9. OverlyFriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah that makes sense. I think at the schools I've been to there has been 3 total pokemon card booms, where everyone everywhere had to get it. I had nothing to do with them, and I always traded away all my energy's even though they were vital to playing the game.

Ophious likes this.