LCD The Great Storyteller

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shaiyamine, May 18, 2019.

1. Shaiyamine

Shaiyamine Reader of Novels, Slave to the Screen

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read the recent chapters (ch 393) and I can't help but feel that the novel is coming to an end. I've enjoyed every step of the way and I wanted to discuss this novel with others. The LCD I saw for this novel looks dead huhuhu (January was the last post).

NU link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-great-storyteller/

Bad Storm likes this.
  2. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I recall, it only have 400+ chapters so it really is close to ending. Plus, the sudden time skip seems like a sign.

Shaiyamine likes this.
  3. Shaiyamine

Reading List:
    Link
    I was caught off guard with the time skip. Plus the time skip was really HUGE. They overall skipped around 20 years man! I kinda wished the author didnt do such a huge timeskip because I felt the pacing was pretty much jarred at that one point. However I guess that putting the time skip wouldnt drag the novel.

Bad Storm likes this.
  4. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, same. It was totally unexpected to me too. One moment, he was simply finishing Wol Kang's book; the next moment, we're thrown 20 years into the future close to the time that he died in his previous life. It's a bit of an ass-pull tbh.

5. Shaiyamine

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like the author was rushing it a bit on that part. I wanted to read about Juho's life that was just mentioned in passing. Like the time he returned to drinking or the other books he wrote about. I really wanted to go each step of the way with this character.

The author wrote really well in past chapters because the sense of crisis Juho has is also felt by the reader at the back of our heads. I wanted to experience it too; the way this crisis tipped him over the edge to go back to drinking, how he got depressed over time, and other such moments in his life.

I felt like I missed so much of his life. It was maddening, I fell for this character and now my time with him is going to rush by in just a few more chapters.

_Sleepylish_ likes this.
  6. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    The previous chapters were really good. I'm so excited every time he's writing a new book haha. And his no nonsense attitude is really calming. And when suddenly it was mentioned that he fell back into alcoholism, it was a bit abrupt. He didn't even sound so agitated or worried about his death or future because he was focused on his new goal in his new life.

I don't think I relate much to how Juho is in the new chapter because it was like he just gave up on himself inside and it simply don't resonate with the Juho I knew from the previous chapters.:blobcry:

_Sleepylish_ and Shaiyamine like this.
  7. Shaiyamine

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel you. :blobcry: The reason we cant understand the current Juho was because of the 20 year time skip. We missed the pivotal points in his life. He turned into someone we dont know and I wished the author gave us the chance to go through it together with Juho so we'd stay close to the character. Even if he does give up on himself, even if he stumbles and falls, I wanted to see that. I didnt want it to end up as a small mention like "oh yeah I fell back into alcoholism but I stopped". :blobtriumph:

It was disconcerting also because Juho had a dream to follow and the time skip didnt show us how the fear crept up to him even if he had that dream. There was no development time. It kinda just jumps and Im really upset and sad about it since I fell hard for this novel. I didnt put it down after I had picked it up until I reached the latest translated chapters. :blobpensive:

_Sleepylish_ likes this.
  8. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm actually quite afraid about how rough the current chapters are... I hope the story will resolve nicely. It is a really good novel. The writing ideas were interesting. The plot is good. The characters connects to you. Now, so suddenly, their lives diverged too much. I wish the time skip wasn't too much.:blob_teary:

_Sleepylish_ likes this.
  9. Shaiyamine

Reading List:
    Link
    Same same, time skip was too big we readers cant catch up. :blobsob:
    The novel was well written too, I can only hope the ending doesnt fall flat too much. :blobcry: The start and the build up was so good damn it! :blobcat_rawr::blobsob:

_Sleepylish_ and Bad Storm like this.
  10. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    This begs the question, did I create this LCD because you got so frustrated at the time skip??? :blobrofl:

11. Shaiyamine

Reading List:
    Link
    Y E S

Plus no one was really discussing it and I needed to rant wahahaha

_Sleepylish_ likes this.
  12. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it is a Qi novel. It's a forbidden zone in most cases hahaha

_Sleepylish_ likes this.
  13. Lushwf

Lushwf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    username: Is The book is close to be finish? What is this time skip?? Please don't!
    The Great Storyteller ยท C385

ShawnSuh: (<-- this dude is the editor)
    Yes, there are only 9 chapters left :(

Edit: Looks like 394 it is... empty feeling

14. Shaiyamine

Reading List:
    Link
    Friends I have finished reading the novel :') I feel so empty.

I WANNA SEE WHAT HAPPENED TO HIS NEW BOOK DAMMIT
    I ALSO WANTED TO SEE THE REACTIONS OF THE OTHER AUTHORS AND HIS FRIENDS TO THE ACCIDENT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I NEEDED A BIT MORE
    I WANTED TO KNOW MORE

DAMMIT AUTHOR THAT TIME SKIP TOOK SO MUCH FROM ME

@Bad Storm whats with the QI thing? Why's it forbidden zone? I dont really understand the whole issue. (Im confused)

_Sleepylish_ likes this.
  15. DeyDey

DeyDey An Old-Hearted Lady

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, just want to know before I read this book

Will MC have a partner or MC will be alone until the end?
    Just want to make sure MC didn't have any romance with more than one girl :sweating_profusely:

16. Mors86

Mors86 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No romance, afair.

_Sleepylish_ and DeyDey like this.
  17. Empress

Empress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is pure career focused novel with no romance.

_Sleepylish_ and DeyDey like this.
  18. _Sleepylish_

_Sleepylish_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had just been reading around the 60+ chapters and was dead curious as to how the story will end. This thread discussion only made me dread the future more than anything else, help, I'm scared! But I also still want to read this till the end! Aw!!:blobdizzy::sweating_profusely::bloborz:
    Well... I gotta admit, curiousity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back... And so, despite me dreading the future, I'll still walk ahead and read the story since I've already curious enough to let myself be spoiled, however. No points in regretting the things that have already happened.

Big LOL for myself, I suppose... Ha ha :meowpuffytears:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2023