LCD Sage Monarch

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by TheZephyrStorm, May 3, 2019.

1. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol. When she saw that he joined the institute she demanded that he leave and go back home or else. She only let him live at that time when she thought that he wasn't important. She was also standing right there when her cousin attacked him. Again when he went to become an elite student she let her people attack him and demanded that he go home and live in seclusion if he wants to live in peace.

So because she asks him then he should do it? She tricked him and almost got him and his entire family killed off. Pettiness implies that you're acting because of trivial matters. Yang Qi is trying to kill her for legitimate reasons. Thinking they wouldn't move against him if he didn't show hostility is naive. She wouldn't take the risk and wouldn't be satisfied with a potential threat like him unless he submitted to her. If he acted in the same general manner with the exception of never threatening to kill her it would be the same. We already know that she's a lying and scheming person. Why would you take what she says at face value and pretend that she's innocent in all this?

2. geddotaku

geddotaku Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Her cousin attacked him the first time because Yang Qi attacked them. She stops her cousin from killing him.

They meet again, and she says it is nice to see him, but he should stay away from her(because she is in the Crown Prince Society and favored by this mysterious crown prince). He responds by basically threatening to murder her. Her cousin is an asshat in response. So Yang Qi threatens to cripple the cousin's cultivation in response. Tiange stops him. Asks her if she wants Yang Qi killed. She says no because Susu is his aunt.

At the elite promotion with her "friends" with guards outside, he bursts in and says, "Bet you weren't expecting to see me." Then says with killing intent that he will show her how powerful he is. She suggests that her return to Yanhaven(pretty generous all things considered) and he basically threatens to murder her when he gets enough power in front of all of her friends and the staff of the Institute.

If he never made any threats, and just said to let bygones be bygones and matters of energy level be left behind, she wouldn't really care about him if she thought he was sincere.

She betrayed him in the past, but if he would leaver her alone, she wouldn't care. I think a large part of his anger is that he chose her over his clan and she just wasn't interested. If he hadn't been caught and crippled, the Yang clan would have been wiped out while they were off sipping the dao equivalent of pina coladas on a beach together. And he would have been fine with that.

Both characters seem like assholes to me. She was right. He was a nobody at the time. Then he won like five lotteries at once. If he hadn't been crippled and lightning'd he would never have progressed as fast as he had.

3. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    The first account is right. He attacks to presumably get back the pill and try to smooth over the situation.

In the second meeting she immediately tells him to know his place and implying that he should go home. He responds by saying that relying on scheming won't get her to the top. He didn't threaten to murder her. Her cousin acts in response to that. So everything she says is at face value but whatever he says is interpreted as a threat to murder her?

At the elite student thing her people are blocking the doorway and he barges in. He says once again insults her for being a schemer and says he's going to leave her choking on dust when he passes her. No killing intent mentioned. That's not a threat to murder either. It's a statement that he'll surpass her in cultivation. Like I said she demanded that he go home and live in seclusion if he wants to live in peace.

You're spouting naive nonsense. She's been trying to suppress him from the start. She doesn't like that he's at the academy and wants him to go home and live in seclusion or else she'll attempt to deal with him. Even if he made no threats against her she'd have considered his advancement speed a threat with how she previously treated him and take action against him.

It's more likely that he didn't think his clan would be too harshly affected by his actions rather than not caring about it. He wasn't thinking straight. I don't really like how he took over his clan so I won't pretend that he has a good character.

4. geddotaku

geddotaku Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess you are technically correct. His hand is only shaking with rage while looking at her while he thinks of murdering her at the elite promotion. She hasn't been trying to suppress him at all from our povs of hers. She just wants him watched. Which is smart because he has very obvious violent intentions towards her. Other people might be suppressing him on her behalf(ie this dude and Yun don't like each other, maybe if I make things more difficult for him, she will be thankful), but in none of the povs we see of her do we see her order/ask anybody to actually suppress him.

5. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say that threatening him to go home and live in seclusion is an attempt to suppress him.

6. gauthamc

gauthamc [Dao of the Lonely Island]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok anyone know when this crown prince bitch is dying?

7. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd guess when the MC is mid to late Legendary depending on if the Crown Prince advances. Crown Prince is as arrogant as a MC.

8. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    This good? how good?

9. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    remember when Yang Qi saw round shaped planetary orbiting in space, he was cultural-shocked thought all his life all earth is flat. :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

10. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    so... how is this series? Can someone provide with some info about this... I prefer active readers' opinion rather than reviews...

11. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    Cultivation novel. MC has a super high grade cultivation method from the start so that's his cheat. Cultivation system isn't all that interesting. MC's cultivation is based around an elephant so that's pretty unique. MC is morally grey imo. He's imperialistic and so acts somewhat similar to his enemies but less backstabby against neutral people. He does a lot to help his own people improve their cultivations when he's able to. Overall the story is good if you enjoy an OP MC.

Gin_Hindew and MangoGuy like this.
  12. Aizael

Aizael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This book is ok. It starts off with your typical lame MC who somehow got lucky and from there overcome his enemies. One thing that I really dont like about this book is the dialogue. It's so stiff and it just doesnt seem like anything anyone would say in real life. What I do like about this novel is the cultivation system and the way the author describes how people in this world fights. There are some tiny twist in the novel that you normally dont expect to happen to happen so there's a bit of a surprise factor... all subjective

Gin_Hindew and MangoGuy like this.
  13. redleaf97

redleaf97 Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    anyone have read ahead? this novel doesnt have romance at all?

14. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope doesn't seem like it, it's reached a point where it's unnecessary now. There where teases at first with Yan Feixan or sworn Elder sister, heck i was rooting for even Susu lol
    At first i hope for there to be romance but now i hope not.

Idk i have mix feelings about this novel. I like the killing, the writing quality is good and despite how cliche the arcs are, i admire how smooth it was written.

But all in all, the MC is so childish it's frustrating to keep reading. Idk how to put it in words lol

15. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    The Mc is what happens if a young master is the Mc

16. REDIV

REDIV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is what happens when the MC knows he cultivates the dao of plot Armour

17. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    When the heavenly dao is your Daddy, nothing bad happens. He best hope he doesn’t run into someone like Wang Lin

REDIV likes this.
  18. letswait

letswait Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How so? His cultivation technique and the god seal has indicated from the beginning that he won't get an
    extremely deadly opponent for a long time.
    That is, (maybe) until he's halfway through the immortal (or god) realm or thereabout.

"Plot Armor is when a main character's life and health are safeguarded by the fact that he's the one person who can't be removed from the story. Therefore, whenever Bob is in a situation where he could be killed (or at the least very seriously injured), he comes out unharmed with no logical, In-Universe explanation."

..which isn't really the case in this story, because both his cultivation technique and the god seal has been with him
    for quite some time, and we know (more or less) how it works.

19. letswait

letswait Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch 531 - When you have a father like that, you really really don't need other enemies.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  20. Much Much mrm

Much Much mrm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't believe this series hasn't gotten the attention it needs. Also I was present just in case this thread gets flooded.