Spoiler More than a few blessings (BL)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Jadeite524, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Jadeite524

Jadeite524 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/more-than-a-few-blessings/

This is a good story that is being translated. The MC and ML are well flesh out

ML fall in love first and is sweet to MC pure fluffy and with a bit of entertainment industry thrown in. The authors other work are also recommended

Since it is being translate just some spoilers.

MC used his future knowledge to earn money in stock and invest in ML company and movies. He even act in a few but mainly stay as a producer. Entertainment is just a sub plot not the core.

Core is on why MC was so unlucky in his previous life. Actually some of it is by hand of people due to MC birth. All through the journey is OP ML who is MC CEO protecting him and removing all barriers for him

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    Varsha0907, soie_yoie, Izn and 13 others like this.
  2. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How did they fall in love
    Who were the people that caused mc to be so unlucky and what were their fates in his rebirth
    Was it an accident that he died
    Any love rivals
    Fluff moments
    Drama?
    Parents reactions
    @alexfilia @WagKalimutan @clear @kiara8 @Shizun @lazynoodles @scriptor @azure_sea
    @Zhen_Qing

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    Dragon_Reader, clear and scriptor like this.
  3. Jadeite524

Reading List:
    Link
    I read it a while ago and like the author so much I binge read three of her novels. So might be a bit confused

MC work in ML company.
    ML if i remember correctly does not bother about family reaction and the only member he care about support this. Parents Gone.
    A bit drama but sweet
    MC is the illegimate son of a rich family and his parents are all dead. His birth father was killed and when the family know about him they tried to kill him. And successful last time. ML second uncle is aware of this. He first appear as bad guy but in fact he help protect MC last life and this life

4. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    If you tag someone in an edit, the tagging won't happen. That's why I didn't get any tagging for this post :blobpeek:
    It's quite short with only 81 chapters, though the translation seems to have come to a standstill? :blobfearful:

White Head Ice Prince likes this.
  5. maripants

maripants Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I read this a long time ago, but here’s what I remember
    1) ML fell in love first. Everyone could tell he was desperately in love with MC, but they thought MC was straight, so they didn’t think it would be a good ending. MC was completely oblivious. There were hints that he felt special towards ML but nothing. Then ML confessed to MC, and after thinking about it he realized he also really liked ML. There was no definite moment, they both fell in love slowly. Even in the beginning MC caught ML’s eyes, but it was due to his talent.

2) In his first life, MC had a classmate who had a crush on him because MC was very kind (I think they were both orphans so MC treated him as a brother?). On the day before graduation the classmate confessed to him, and MC rejected him outright. After that classmate had some resentment to him. He and MC joined the same company, and the heir fell in love with classmate and became hateful towards MC. He got MC fired and made sure he would go bankrupt and into debt. In the end I think MC died from overwork.

After rebirth, MC didn’t have a grudge against classmate, he just cut ties with him. The classmate was pursued by the heir, but he saw the ugly side of the heir and decided to leave. As for the heir, his family was ruined and his company was bankrupt/bought out by MC. Everyone found out the it was the heir’s company that caused the death of MC’s parents and condemned him. I skimmed the last chapters so I can’t remember specifics.

3) technically yes, but it was the heir’s fault

4) No, sometimes the ML feels that MC might be interested in girls who admire him, but this is before they get together, and it’s never jealousy more like insecurity.

5) a lot of fluff. Even before they get together ML protects MC and rushes to help MC

6) some. The heir constantly tries to provoke MC. Once he starts a fight, but he says MC was the one who beat him and gets him arrested. The police listen to the heir because he’s rich. The grandad and dad show up, and they try to press charges even though Heir went to the hospital and the results showed he wasn’t injured. Then ML shows up and he tides are turned because ML is as powerful as Heir’s family.

ML is ready to take MC home, but grandad tries to act like he was being reasonable since his grandson was “injured” and he wants another hospital to check him. ML says that since the first result came up clean, is he planning to bribe the hospital. Grandad is embarrassed. MC then says something to provoke grandad, and grandad strikes him (which is what Mc wanted.)

There are witnesses, and MC is already famous online, so the witnesses post evidence of Heir and grandad harassing MC. The family is condemned. Later there is an investigation and grandad gets arrested for tax evasion or something.

Heir is pretty stupid, so he does stuff like this.

Another drama is that ML’s illegitimate brother schemes to steal the company from him.

7) MC’s parents are dead. As for ML I can’t remember if there was any. He and his dad don’t get along, since ML was sent abroad when he was young and his father had a mistress and doted on her son.

6. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    What's MC's relationship with the ML's second uncle?

7. Jadeite524

Reading List:
    Link
    Don’t remember quite clearly but it is due to MC father that the second uncle help MC

Zhen_Qing likes this.
  8. Lilylily

Lilylily Member

Reading List:
    Link
    some add on to 6)
    The heir father was also caught cheating and have an illegitimate daughter which further runis the heir family image as the heir father has been carrying the image of a caring father and good husband.

Some add on to 7)
    The ML mom died when ML was young and the ML father tried to bring in his mistress n his illegitimate son into the family but ML mom family managed to stop it since ML mom family is quite powerful and in politics i think. Then ML had to grow up overseas and later on he came back and took back the father company and kicked the illegitimate son out of company. ML father died but he left his shares to his 2 other brother, mistress and the illegitimate son.

ML illegitimate brother also pretty dumb, he moved into the apartment above MC and pretend to make friends w MC but MC already recognized him as ML illegitimate brother but MC play along. Then the illegitimate brother tried to cause friction between ML and MC but failed badly as MC feel like he is just watching him make a fool of himself.

Will update more after finishing the book:blobcheeky::blobtongue:

9. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Binge reading this.
    I like how MC personality here.
    He doesnt hesitate to use his future knowledge and gain profit. That's what I'd do too XD
    The translations stops at 21 T T
    ML is quite fast in liking MC but maybe (till chapter 21) is not yet love just admire.....
    I like how MC can do a bit of everything. How he stops the tea cup in the meeting is WOW!

Since I know how and what and where to find SPOILER of XX novel in NU it's been a blessing of spoilers ahahaha especially those novel that stops getting translated (sad) or those that I cant wait but wanting to know what'll happen ehehehe

10. Nichiko

Nichiko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Quite random, but this was one of my favorite dialogues from the story. Don't know why but it made me rofl.

"You don't want to threaten me," Song Junyan stood up, looked down at Yan Mu, and sneered, "Even if you dislike me or look down on me, unfortunately, I am of the same blood as you, you can't kill me. Do not forget this fact!"

"Experts have said that thinking too much has an impact on IQ. My blood type is AB, your blood type is O," Yan Mu feels that it is necessary for the other party to recognize this fact, "You follow your mother and I follow my mother. Our blood type is different."

Song Junyan: "..."

Miki T, Wr3n, Izn and 8 others like this.
  11. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished MTL ^^
    And really satisfied and unsatisfied coz it's MTL :blobupset: (will wait, tho not too hopeful of it's being completely translated).

I really agree with @Jadeite524 The story is good and the 2 characters is (y)

Too bad, there's none of those xoxo scene :p

12. Zhen_Qing

Reading List:
    Link
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan @dreamxx
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind @Elestrea
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer @gnessa14
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu @Hikari111
    @iampsyx @insteadofdeath @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime @Karry
    @LaDyViL @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk
    @Queue
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @rainbowturtle @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome @susanty.smile
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy
    @UpInTheAir
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom @White Head Ice Prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen
    @Zennie_613
    @324722

clear, maya_sov, ferrelrose and 7 others like this.
  13. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    oh...i have read this till the latest translated chap
    so i kinda recall which story is this LOLOLOLOLOL
    anyway...now that i know...

i also love the story...
    i feel the MC is really kindhearted and needs to be treasured~~~ :bloblove::bloblove:
    prob gonna re read this again...since i really love the story and i kinda forgot most scenes
    it's like i only skimmed this orz...so disappointed in myself ckckckck

14. cheeseisheart

cheeseisheart Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I ask for the raw link?..I really want to read this..please pleaase please

15. Selax

Selax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    cheeseisheart and Zhen_Qing like this.
  16. DaBrick

DaBrick Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm confused.

From what I got from the raw, MC not an illegitimate son but the son of xia family daughter that was abducted and the father is the third child of Sheng family that has the highest chance of successing the family.

Therefore the father was killed by a car accident plotted by his brother right? But how come Lu Chengyu thought it was because of Liang company that killed both of his parents by a mistake in construction?

And also near the last chapter, the Sheng young master met Lu Chengyu and talk about blood type, that child from both o type parents can't produce AB. So does that means that Lu Chengyu father while he is growing up is not his blood related one?

couchpotato1929 likes this.
  17. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @DaBrick
    The part of Lu ChengYu parents is totally confusing, well since we MTL, I really didnt understand that part toward the end LOL:blob_grin:
    And that Shen young master, I still dont quite understand who he is, why did he show up to that auction, what his relationship is with LCY/his families :blobastonished:
    I'll wait for the translation (dunno for how long) or kind souls to share us some enlightment so we dont lost out there :blob_patpat:

couchpotato1929 likes this.
  18. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm rebirth showbiz in modern setting....sigh..well sounds like it might be fluffy maybe, but it's modern, not too interested atm.

19. sumore

sumore Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LCY is actually the biological son of Sheng 3rd young master from previous generation (Lu papa definitely know LCY is not his biological son, as he left some sort of code for LCY explaining his inheritance and Sheng 3rd master's will).

If I'm not mistaken, the current Sheng master (the one showing up in auction) is the son of Sheng 2nd young master from previous generation. Current Sheng master actually want to probe LCY's attitude towards the Sheng family during the auction

NOTE: For everyone who want to MTL this, PLEASE DO IT! This is the easiest story to MTL ever!!

20. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh so it's like that?
    Then, what's with that current Sheng young master? He doesnt like LCY? He wants to kill LCY?
    Are those accident purely targeted the Mu young master or YanMu?
    I dont really get this whole story w MTL