Discussion Name a Male MC you hate and why

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by birdboy01, Jun 10, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdboy01

birdboy01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was binge reading Martial God Asura, the first 200 chapters were beautiful. The MC wanted all the smoke, you looked at him wrong? DEAD. You said a extra word in your sentence? DEAD. You disrespect his family? DEAD. You pushed his reverse scale? FUCKING DEAD. Fast foward 1000s chapters later, he's nothing but a beta male who doesn't kill nobody.

But that doesn't compare to SoTR, Jiang Chen is a straight beta male if I ever knew one. I hate that character because he's a sage with knowledge spanning millions of years, and he supposedly taught unrivaled geniuses in martial and alchemy. But when he's reincarnated, he struggles in a scrub ass world. That's like being max level and creating a smurf account and being trash, like bro do you even game?

So what MC's you hate in novels and why?

2. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    Every jap mc (period)

Jessy_m, orematcha, otaku31 and 3 others like this.
  3. birdboy01

birdboy01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    AGREED. They always bitching about something

4. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    So... which of the 2 is the problem? They psycho or the beta? or both.

To be fair, a lot of people get spoiled when they have things. And when they lose said things, they can actually be a scrub. (though I have not read the novel so I can't judge). You can't compare real life with a game, there is a difference between playing within a fair game system and living a life in reality that isn't fair.

Like 99% of them? Mostly the Alphas and Betas that don't seem like real people at all.

Toralk likes this.
  5. Master

Master [Old Pervert] [Grandmaster]

Reading List:
    Link
    China. Arrogant.
    Japan. Cucked.
    Korea. Average.

6. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    Thosr ruthless chinese MCs

7. Djoty

Djoty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC of code gease, behave like a wimp before he got the eye power, started acting righteous after getting the power, beside am British, and the name Britannia is too close to home, couldn't make myself like the anime

8. Scholar Occult Cauldron

Scholar Occult Cauldron Bonk Maestro | Ascended

Reading List:
    Link
    Jin Nidou from Magicraft Meister. The son of a bi*ch gave up on the perfect waifu (Beanna) and instead chose the uninteresting little sister of some prince (don't give a sh*t she's a princess, she's got nothing going for her). The Paifu (Beanna) even tried to initiate the relationship since Jin was such a hetare bastard, but he said no and let Beanna get married to some f*ck all count and is just forgotten in the story. The sh*tty author even tried to explain later that the reason why Jin said no was because
    Jin had his emotions sealed when he soul transferred, so he wasn't able to feel lust and love that would enable him to be in a relationship. So basically, the Author wanted a cheap way to make him a hetare bastard and have an excuse that could be written off in 1-2 sentences.
    Rarely have I hated a hetare bast*rd this much, but this is one such case.

strayCat0, Chrono Vlad and Toralk like this.
  9. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Every Chinese MC (Period)

10. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    don't hate many characters because i dropped the story before it happens. i dropped AGT the chapter the mc was talking to jasmine and she was crying about her brother and how disappointing the mc is for his fickle love and his retort was as a man he has to conquer all pretty girls he come across. which is fine but i can't see myself loving or dying for one of my multiple of women. if authors could just pick one or 3 to be the wife and the rest concubines and not have all 40 women have equal strong place in one person's heart i can feel bad or happy about the plots revolving around relationship. it just feels fake if you woman are look at as pokemon, but you what them to look like soulmates.

11. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yun Che from ATG
    All MC from modern time with CEO wife

See the similarities? They all are just pretentious cheating bastard that can't stay faithful with one woman in the name of saving other women

12. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    CN MC- Arrogant assholes thinking that they are the strongest but always let the enemies escape alive:facepalm:
    Yup every CN MC (period)

Eruxol and Chrono Vlad like this.
  13. Escaping From Reality

Escaping From Reality Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yun Che from ATG, specifically. I don't hate him for being a psychotic mass murderer who also has a thing for collecting pretty women. his character was clearly described in chapter 1. What makes me hate him is how brain-dead he becomes when it comes to pretty women. For example, I remember during the phoenix empire war they killed millions of blue wind kingdom citizens and decimated the land. But when the war was finally over and it was time for the phoenix empire to pay reparations Yun Che backed down. You have this guy who absolutely hates the phoenix emperor for ordering all these atrocities and has a personal grudge, ready to execute him and exact his vengeance. But he stops and forgives the bastard, because a beautiful princess cries on his shoulder. In front of the Blue Wind royal family. It was absolutely sickening to me to see him forget about his friendship, brotherly ties, and everything else just because a pretty girl was crying and he didn't want her sad.

14. Deleted member 176237

Deleted member 176237 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Even though I like traps
    I still hate Pico from boku no pico
    One of the worst traps you can find out there.
    ( ͡° ʖ̯ ͡°)( ͡° ʖ̯ ͡°)( ͡° ʖ̯ ͡°)( ͡° ʖ̯ ͡°)( ͡° ʖ̯ ͡°)

It hurts my beliefs.

15. HaseoXV

HaseoXV Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    every Chinese MC with their stupid arrogant young master attitude beyond belief

16. unkxz

unkxz Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    these are ones of the reasons why I read so much more CN novels, like 8-10x times more than KR and JP but still only 1-2 CN novels enter my top 10 fav.

17. J0HNL8

J0HNL8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Smooth Che, reason: Yes.

18. Cashew Farmer

Cashew Farmer Fastest horse in the land

Reading List:
    Link
    Wang Chong from Human Emperor. He's not the brightest bulb despite the author and peanut gallery stating so. He doesn't know any strategy even though he was the best general in his 2nd life. He also failed in his 2nd life and needed a third life to successfully defend the Tang dynasty. He also is abnormally loyal to the dogshit Emperor who lets the empire fall apart and doesn't even try to usurp him. He also just lets women walk over him.

He's basically incompetent and unambitious but awfully lucky.

AsuraKiss and otaku31 like this.
  19. InvincibleDespair

InvincibleDespair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its Korea. Cucked.

20. dark_hero00

dark_hero00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    now that's a deck move.

Type of MC that I hate are mostly inconsistent MC, weak-ass hypocrite MC with Deus Ex Machina, Unreasonably arrogant MC.

Can't bother to remember all the name so that's that XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.