Recommendations Please help me find a good novel

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Brago130sf, Jun 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Brago130sf

Brago130sf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello. First of all greetings to all nuffians. I am a new citizen of NU empire. I had been reading novels for a while and I quite liked them. The ones I was reading consisted of Japanese ones with some Korean ones.
    Now I have run out of ones that greatly interest me. I tried starting cn novels, but the descriptions were too vague that I found myself unable to start. For that I would like to ask you great people for suggestions. It doesn't matter which one they are, cn, jp, kr, I am willing to read them all.
    If you could, please give a brief description as well.
    For the ones I am reading, and some dropped too, they include
    After reading this list, i feel like i should just die. Well, whatever, pls help me find a good novel. If you can, pls add a brief synopsis as well.

2. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    1. All from J Novel
    2. MachineSliceBread
    3. The classic [Completed Novel WW]

wtfkjp likes this.
  3. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should read right now this number 1 CN romance masterpiece:
    Martial Arts Master (or nicknamed Love Arts Master by some readers).
    After a while the fights are boring so skip them, what is the best in this novel is the romance (that and the moments when he shock people of his OPness). Just consider the fighting as a side-dish. Modern world romance where MC pursue a beauty by just talking/interacting as a friend with her. After they get together, lots of loveydovey moments between them. Sadly in recent chapters, FL needs to study in another country for a few years and translator stopped translating.
    0 drama at all beside 1 girl friend of MC/FL that sadly leaves the club because her grades are low, she failed romance (the guy didn't even take notice of her) and she is so weak that she can't even be a substitute for the fighters (she encountered main couple during their walk, said the above and go away).

4. bakugo

bakugo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sovereign of Judgment (Completed, KR)
    The novel starts off with a death game. Your typical "Kill others if you want to live and power up". But as it progress, we find out that the death game isn't for some sick satisfaction but part of something bigger. The MC although powerful, has always been driven by one desire: Revenge. He doesn't sidetrack from it, which is pretty good because it allows the plot to stay consistent. The ending was done pretty nicely if I were to say, probably top 3 endings in my list.

6. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ouroboros Record
    Lord of the Mysteries
    Martial Arts Master
    In a World Without Life
    We don't open anywhere
    Throne of Magical Arcana
    Vermillion
    Kakei senki wa kakageyo!
    The Place You Called From
    The Results From When I Time Leaped to My Second Year of High School and Confessed to the Teacher I Liked at the Time (WN)

8. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    "We live on dragons peak" looks pretty interesting.
    So is, "the day i disappeared"

9. srrrahim

srrrahim A woman's heart, a needle under the sea

Reading List:
    Link
    Pls defines good novel
    What kind of genre that attracts you the most?, and what kind of genre that you want to avoid at all cost?. Like for me, I avoid polygamy, harem, reverse harem, stupid dckless MC, weak to strong genre, doctor MC, apocalypse genre. It's looks like you only read male protag? Maybe you can try to read :

CN
    1. Experimental Log Of Crazy Lich (about a lich, that become a judge and law in the city, later it will be revealed that the city is actually his prison. A lot of thing will be revealed later. Who he actually is, what kind of tragedy that befall him, and turn him from a kind and pure prince, into a lich and demon king. I like MC comedic undertones, and his crazy comedic act. It has comedy, romance, tragedy, schemer MC, and OP MC genre)
    2. Reverend Insanity (MC is a transmigrator, and then he died, and then he reborn again. MC has autumn cicada, a Gu that can turn back time. I like that author use MC's autumn cicada at some unexpected moment. When you forgot that MC has that power, and thought that MC is over, then author use it. Beware! MC is evil and immoral. He didn't give a f.uck who he scheme. It doesn't matter if you are a woman or a man)
    3. Trafford's Trading Club (MC is an average boy. Bored, and don't really has any will to live. And then he discovered a store. That store is actually a trafford trading club, where you can buy everything you want as long as you are ready to pay. And then, unexpectedly, MC want the club. So, he trade his freedom to identity as a club president. Now, he is the president of this omnipotent club. MC will meet a lot of customers with unique necessary. Some arc will be a sad arc, and sometimes it can become a dark arc)
    4. Martial King's Retired Life (MC is OP. But he is tired and want to retire, so he abandoned his identity and running away LoL. Author will slowly revealed to us, who he really is, and the reason why he want to retire)
    5. The Legend of Sun Knight (People said that sun knight is just, kind, and benevolent. But the truth is, he is not like that. He is a schemer, sarcastic, lazy, cheapskate guy. This novel is about him and his subordinate)

KR
    1. 12 Hours After (MC has a cheat that can make him look at the future news. And he use that cheat to make his business empire)
    2. God of Money (MC died in the future after trying to reveal his boss dirty work. He is being reborn to the past, where bitcoin didn't exist. He use his knowledge from the future to make his business empire)
    3. The Great Storyteller (MC was a genius writer. After a series of unfortunate events, he is doomed to be a waste. And then, when he thought that his life was over, he is being reborn to the past. He got a second chance, and this time, he won't make mistakes)
    4. Only I level up (He is the only one in his word that can level up. You can try to read the manhwa too)

JN
    1. My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending (MC transmigrate into a game world. He become one of the mobs boss that hero has to defeat. The funny part is, even though he want to say nice words, he can't. He can only say mean word, and then being misunderstood. It is funny because all the people around him think that he is actually a shy and kind person that will sacrifice himself for the greater good. Even though all he want to do is fading away to the country side)
    2. Evil-like Duke Household (People said that the duke household is full of evil people, but actually, they are not!. Full of funny misunderstanding and OP character)
    3. The Worst Princes’ Battle Over Giving Up the Imperial Throne (It is a new Japanese novel. I really like it and end up reading the raw version. It is about a kingdom's princes and princesses that want to avoid becoming emperor at all costs. They schemes each other just to avoid becoming an emperor)
    4. To Be a Power in the Shadows! (MC is a chunni that transmigrate into a fantasy word. He create shadow garden as his playground, and lying to his subordinate that their purpose is to defeat evil bla bla bla. But all those bullshit that he said, is actually the truth, and all of his subordinate admire him. But he is like... poor them, they are still has chunni disease, I'll just pretend to play around with them then XD)
    5. There Was No Secret Organization to Fight with the World’s Darkness so I Made One (In Exasperation) [I don't have to describe it, right? The title already describes it LoL)

That's all... I hope it suit your taste

10. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Here are a few at Royal Road that I've been reading:

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/21700/dungeon-robotics - This is one of the better "reincarnated as a dungeon core" novels I've read. The MC is no nonsense and retained his previous life's engineering knowledge.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/15935/there-is-no-epic-loot-here-only-puns - Another dungeon core MC, but this one is philosophical and the towns people are weird yet silly.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/16946/azarinth-healer - If you've played City of Heroes, the MC basically became a regen scrapper after being transported to another world.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/8463/the-arcane-emperor - the MC accidentally crossed to another world while trying to invent a spell.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/12798/shovels-in-spades - This one is a "the world became a death game" genre story with the MC trying to develop a safe base for survivors while trying to get stronger to protect it.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/21220/mother-of-learning - The MC is in a "Groundhog Day" situation, ie he's trapped in a time loop, but he retains his memory after every reset. The story is very deep as the MC finds that different actions leads to discovering more about the people around him, what's going on with the world, and learning and developing new skills. There are layers and layers of interrelated complexity.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    Warlock Of The Void likes this.
  11. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    The Amber Sword, Night Ranger, Advent of the Archmage: CN transported into a game-based fantasy world novels (along with game system of varying degrees of usefulness). In a sense the MCs become Player-NPC hybrids in NPC-only worlds.

The game systems/mechanics are basically D&D/Pathfinder, so think of baldur's gate and neverwinter nights for PC games, and the more recent Pathfinder Kingmaker, to get an idea of how the stats and abilities works.

Dungeon Hunter (KR completed at 270 chapters): Dungeon master novel. Earth is being invaded by dungeons controlled by 72 demons and people get powers etc. like in a lot of other KR novels and manga, except in this novel the MC is one of the invading demons who control one of those dungeons.

Chronicles of Primordial Wars (CN, ongoing translation/completed raws): MC is transported into some prehistoric fantasy-ish world. Basically tribes of primitive people with superhuman strength.

Mostly adventure & exploration with some fighting against monsters/beasts and later some conflict with other tribes.

The Ultimate Evolution & The Devil's Cage (both CN): MCs go from one movie/game/novel/whatever world to the next and complete missions in them.

12. Brago130sf

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Warlock Of The Void

Warlock Of The Void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I can't tell what u want in a genre so I will just list the ones I consider Good
    1. Experimental Log of the Crazy Lich - Can be considered one of the best CN novels I've read to date . At start it will seem silly and stupid with cheap jokes but Believe Me and stick around because as the story reveals itself u will find one of the most compelling story u have read with actual people as characters ( even enemies ) . It has a great world building and well fleshed out characters
    2. When A Mage Revolts - One of the best Kingdom Building novels with realistic portrayal of characters and situations, with well thought out story and plot
    3. Warlock of the Magus World - It is a personal favourite of mine ( mostly because it disillusioned me from all the other Crap I was reading ) . Beware MC is ruthless and evil but at the same time very realistic and actually relatable
    4. Martial King's Retired Life - Funny story about an OP Martial artist that just wants to live a quite life and retire but as the story goes we find out there is more than meets the eye. Still pretty funny though
    5. Night Ranger - Well thought out novel with a believe it or not realistic system that does not feel like much of a cheat . Ending was a little disappointing though
    6. Arcane Emperor - Again a personal favourite for the MC being just so relatable and well I wouldn't say rational but definitely better than almost every CN , JP MC
    7. Supervillain - Incredible Story and great characters with a moving plot and another look at the world of superheroes . U should definitely try
    8. The Void Wolf - If u like OP MCs then this is the one for u. It has everything , tragedy ( but in the beginning so u don't lose ur favourite character ) , action , romance , a realistic harem ( only two girls if I consider it harem or not ) , great world building and a satisfying power and ending
    9. FeralHeart - I really like the way a harem is potrayed in this , even if u don't like harem ( neither do I most of the time ) Trust me u want to read this anyway. Great power system and well developed world building, great romance
    10. Dial - It's a fanfic of what would happen if a guy with an Omnitrix was in marvel . If u r a fan of Ben 10 or marvel , U HAVE TO READ THIS , this is one those Fanfic that defines fanfic no those stupid out of characters stories I Swear To God Marvel writers Couldn't Have Written it Better
    11. Beyond - Author is well established in the community , his other works r great as well but I like this one best. Has everything a not over the top OP Smart MC , magic , technology , magical technology , great story , plot , romance , intrigue , a little bit of mystery , great comedy ( not trying to hard , natural kind ) , Snarky , Sarcastic MC , and a satisfying ending
    All of them can be found on NU or RoyalRoad

14. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cultivation Chat Group (CHN) -> ordinary uni student got invited to a chat group. At first MC thought it's just a wuxia/xianxia chuuni group, only to found out later on that the members are the real deal & made a step into the World of Cultivation. Lots of silly comedies here

15. Anna7

Anna7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. skyre

skyre Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Lazy King
    Great short ln about demon king
    Tate no yuusha

17. Apimss

Apimss Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I mainly read romance novels, don't know how much that would interest you, but you didn't specify a genre. I would highly recommend Three Lives Three Worlds, The Pillow Book. It is in the same universe as Three Lives Three Worlds, Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms, but it is so much better. I personally liked it a lot more. The translation is 100/10, I can't even express in wprds how good the translator was, and she trasnlated it and made it a pdf, so it really reads like a book.
    It is basically the love story between the mc and the ml, they are both gods. She has been in love with him for a really long time, but they have no fate together (as decidee by the mandate of heaven or smt like that) so after pursuing him for 2000 years or smth like that she gives up, but this time it's his turn to go after her. Everything about this book is a masterpiece (in my opinion). It's really angsty in some places, really pulls at your heartstrings, but despite all it has a HE( in case you were wondering).
    Really sorry if it's not your type of strory, just thought I would put it there.

18. Brago130sf

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I don't particularly hate any genre but my most preffered genre would be action. If it's a novel with scheming, wars, thriller etc. that would be cherry on top, but still, romance, harem, adventure, tragedy and the like, all genres are liked by ne. Except for one.
    I hate only one genre, and that is yaoi. I watched one or perhaps two episodes of an anime, its name was loveless perhaps, and it had yaoi theme. Since then, i had not dabbled in anything with yaoi in main genre. It was too creepy. But i can still watch/read yaoi as a sub genre, like in kiss him not me, so there's no worry about my likes or dislikea.

19. firefox1234

firefox1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't see Emperor's Domination on your list definitely worth checking out as the MC has a similar god/evil index to Leylin. Also Otherworldly Evil Monarch and the Realms In The Firmament.

Warlock Of The Void likes this.
  20. Warlock Of The Void

Warlock Of The Void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes , well while I definitely like Emperor's Domination I didn't mention it because most people don't like it's repetitive use of the same plot