Recommendations Looking for Interesting Novel without Romance

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Annese_Sakura, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Annese_Sakura

Annese_Sakura Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! Hi! Hi!
    Hello everyone ..
    I wanna know what is your best read novel without romance..
    I don't know why but lately, i rather like to read novel action without any romance cause of low scene of b*tching.. I mean the overpraise of curve and beauty and man give everything to them when they cry.. Ah.. Its really annoying how female character is lower than male character.
    Just give your recommendation and a bit of explanation.. Thank you

MissZer0q likes this.
  2. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lord of the Mysteries
    Reverend Insanity

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    MissZer0q, Westeller and Astaroth like this.
  3. Stephanie Callysta

Stephanie Callysta 『Glasses』 好きだよ♡

Reading List:
    Link
    Trash of the Count’s Family "3")/

Chrlsty and Nuinui like this.
  4. Nobody101

Nobody101 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. BeardyRABBIT

BeardyRABBIT <Not a Rabbit>

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Asdq

Asdq RSS FEED SECT! I WANT YOU FOR THE RSS ARMY!

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats is good, the MC is only moved by revenge and hate, its almost impossible end in romance but the author is Korean and they like prank the people.

MissZer0q likes this.
  7. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
  8. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Sage Monarch:
    as in some cultivation novels, MC gets betrayed by his GF(in a sense) and nearly lost his life, but through a twist of fate he gets a strong cultivation technique, and from that moment on, his psychology changed as did he did physically and of course he gets into the same academy in which his ex GF attends, she became someone strong and powerful and even in a special kind of relationship with a powerful and genius cultivator with a special background however, she is as cunning as ever, MC hated her after what she did to him and waited for the right opportunity to strike back, and when that moment came he not only killed her but also the person she is following (new BF in a sense), the daughter of the academy's leader(she and her father the leader of the academy were on the side of the Mc's ex GF and her new BF in a sense) and although he couldn't kill the leader (that interfered to stop the MC from killing the ex GF and her BF because he was in a relationship with said BF's mother) but MC made the leader sustain heavy injuries but also flee for his life...
    And too many battle scenes, ruthlessness and no romance as MC cares only about his cultivation, his familyand family, not to mention wants to find out the secret of his birth (his mother left after his birth with his step father) so basically he wants to know about his origins in a sense and build a
    powerful kingdom.
    I think I gave too much info :hmm:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2019
  10. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
  11. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Nuinui

Nuinui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, it does?! I thought there were possible love interests, but so far nothing concrete. Does this happen in the much later untranslated chapters?

As for recommendations, there's The Devil's Cage. Some characters show "interest" but the MC is oblivious since he doesn't really care for romance. First arc is kind of slow, but it really picks up after that.

There's also The Legendary Mechanic. He appreciates pretty women, but he isn't looking for a relationship.

Superstars of Tomorrow. MC is basically an old dude in a young guy's body, so... yeah I think he sees everyone as being too "young" to even romance. Dude's an old soul, whose true love is music!

Omniscient Reader (Korean novel) is a pretty good story too. There's bromance tho haha. (It's not BL.)

Doomsday Wonderland is another recommendation, though MC is female. She's not a Mary Sue, and she's focused on surviving.

King of the Battlefield (Korean novel). MC is entirely focused on getting stronger. I don't think there are any characters who can even be seen as a possible love interest.

Trash of the Count's Family is really good, if you haven't read it yet! Some other readers have recommended this to you too. MC is lowkey unreliable because he says he's a selfish person but his actions prove otherwise. It's super adorable to see the connections he has with other characters, and they all really adore him (but not romantically). Probably no romance since MC doesn't seem to care much for that.

Sorry, they're all Qidian novels except for King of the Battlefield and Trash of the Count's Family.

IRainstorm likes this.
  13. IRainstorm

IRainstorm Dark Sect Ancestor

Reading List:
    Link
    Trafford's Trading Club The MC and his maid share a pretty cute relationship which doesn't go beyond a certain border, MC fate is hard to predict chaotic mix of loneliness and not, his status as the shop owner make it hard to predict but pretty sure the romance will stay like that, cute moments nothing more.
    Chronicles of Primordial Wars The story revolve around MC and his tribe, friends and foes, and his pets, no romance at all just an enjoyable journey through a very interesting prehistoric and fantastic world.
    The Legendary Mechanic The MC end up as an NPC in this game his used to play, is it truly just a game tho ? anyways no Romance so far and I'd bet on it to remain like that, the mc is very much goal and profit oriented but he make some random and very lucky encounters with powerful women who develop interesting feeling for him.
    Lord of the Mysteries This story has a fantastic first arc with character development for side characters that make them dear to us, no romance ever needed in stories like this, If it keep this quality for the rest of its run it will end up as my favorite CN ever.
    Superstars of Tomorrow The synopsis for this story could be misleading and I would probably not have tried it if I didn't like Chronicle of Primordial Wars and noticed it was the same author, its certainly revolve a lot artistic music and the rise of a star compositor, but end up delivering way more, the identity of the MC keep on giving us nice surprises, action and touching moment pop up frequently, beating terrorist a few days before releasing a composition he got inspired for during a visit to his grave or discovering a new ore while on his military service on a poor planet in a far galaxy... Recommend trying it
    +1 For Zombie Knight

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Astaroth likes this.
  14. SeiraJLoyard

SeiraJLoyard Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Earth is Online: BL, however romance is not a huge part of this, it's more like a bromance/really good tacit understanding. Larger focus is placed on the plot of clearing scenarios/survival.