LCD A Demon Lord’s Tale: Dungeons, Monster Girls, and Heartwarming Bliss

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Wujigege, Nov 22, 2017.

1. SupremeTentacle

SupremeTentacle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is entirely coincidental. There's been a similar point brought up before. The cursing is intended because it better conveys the character.

Keociera likes this.
  2. Keociera

Keociera Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for replying back.
    There was once a novel where the MC was portrayed as a hard ass gangster, but was very mild in the manga ver. People debated about it until someone went through the raws and found out that the tl was enforcing his style a bit too much.
    But if the MC in Jingai is as portrayed, then all is good.

Another thing I want to point out is you don't to shorten already shortened words.
    Like "iunnu", I honestly didn't get it until facing for the 4th or 5th time. I mean dunno is already shortened... And "iunnu" was new to me.
    What I mean is written English and spoken English don't follow the exact same grammar. You can't write it exactly like you say it.

3. SupremeTentacle

Reading List:
    Link
    "Iunno" only comes up in Yuki's dialogue, be it internal or external. It does not make it into exposition or anything of the like.

Keociera likes this.
  4. SillyScream

SillyScream Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man, Chapter 111 is just....... /sigh Its insanely annoying how he gets treated as a pervert and sex offender so freaking often. This just nailed the coffin for me, im not gonna continue reading this.

5. Nazamroth

Nazamroth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ......Really? I have a colleague who once had a girlfriend of noticeably lesser age. We have been bringing it up every opportunity we get. If he just looks at a kid, the nagging is triggered for the lols.(no, he has no actual intention you pervs.) I do not see the whole accusations thing in this in any different: A collective joke and at the same time, a mild warning at the expense of the MC.

6. SillyScream

SillyScream Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you ever get tired of hearing the same joke your collague tells you during every smoke break? This feels like one of those. Its okay the first time, maybe even funny, but the more often he repeats it the less happy you are to hear it. Maybe im just picky, but when its been 100 chapters since they met, and the romance is still in progression, i just get annoyed so much by this behavior.

7. Thorium

Thorium Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem with those kinds of jokes is that more often than not, the target of the joke doesn't enjoy them as much as they let on to. While they might not mind enough to actually seriously speak out about it, in my experience, they will almost always be happier without constantly hearing the same thing over again. Since Yuki makes it clear that he does not agree with the notion by never playing along with the joke, it can feel kinda frustrating when it is repeated again and again at his expense. If you are making someone the butt-end of a joke, the least you can do is vary it a bit rather than always making the same person the target of the same joke.

Draksil and SillyScream like this.
  8. rfrfcb3001

rfrfcb3001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    guys this one is good ?

9. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Read the two posts above yours.
    It is about taste. If you like loli then yes.
    If you don't then don't bother

10. MagneticMagnet

MagneticMagnet Well-Known Magnet

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a fluffy slice of life JP isekai with OP action sprinkled in. If you like those, you'll like this. If you are looking for something more serious or specific (say, kingdom building, proper romance or deep themes), pass.

SillyScream and Thorium like this.
  11. rfrfcb3001

Reading List:
    Link
    oh sounds good to me . yup i give it a try later on . thanks for you answer .

12. SupremeTentacle

Reading List:
    Link
    It's actually filled with deep themes. The execution is great too. They're all right there between the lines.

13. rfrfcb3001

Reading List:
    Link
    deep theme in the isekai web novel realy ? p.s i still planing to read that novel though

14. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do please be quiet Wuji. After how terribly you treated this series you don't get to have an opinion.

TrueNineLives, twinklecake and Ettel like this.
  15. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha pathetic. I have seen entitled brats but people like you take the cake.
    If I didn't start translating the novel, you probably would have never heard of it.
    You are simply an ingrate.

16. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're an entitled hypocrite who butchers novels and calls it legitimate translation. Having an issue with you because of the terrible way you treat the series you "translate" doesn't make me entitled, it makes me just another person that's fed up with you ruining decent series. Of the series I've seen you get your hands on, there's not a single one that I think should not be redone by another translator that actually knows what they're doing. Somewhat edited machine translation is still a terrible way to present a series, but to also remove and censor content as well, that just takes the cake as you put it.

17. Crimson Nanashi

Crimson Nanashi Suu | Loves and protects Master

Reading List:
    Link
    And you’re a greedy little shite of a person who does a horrid job at “TLing”. Spare us the pity party that you’re throwing. I refuse to read any of your translations after the horrid job you’ve done and for trying to steal the series Guro’s been translating for years. Piss off ya bakayaro

18. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link

19. twinklecake

twinklecake Professional Freeloader

Reading List:
    Link
    You know people block your """translations""" because of how godawful they are so they don't even show up for them on NU, right..?

20. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, you cannot please everyone and I don't plan on doing that.