Discussion Wearing floral white to a wedding?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Moonpearl, Jun 13, 2019.

?

Is the third dress alright to wear?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. No, wear the second dress

9 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. No, wear the first dress

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    the second one sounds good.
    but that's coming from me who only wore dresses for weddings before the age of 12.
    I did wear a white romper for a (nearly stranger relative's) wedding too.(oops)
    I don't think the colour matters. since its summer, go with summer-style.

(Pure white reminds me of chinese funeral clothes tho :p.)

its not as if the bride will wear that dress(or something similar) for her wedding.

and just a question :
    are you a weeb or Japanese? why would you have a yukata lying around your house?
    and red is an auspicious colour and all, so why is it not allowed? usually all the weddings I attend just require me to wear proper clothes.

Moonpearl likes this.
  2. Ak0w

Ak0w Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wear the yukata! Obviously the best option.

Moonpearl and LK like this.
  3. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh... What ?
    This topic is... Too complicated for me to comprehend since I always wear either suit or T-shirt on formal occassions (mostly T-shirt) without care of what people think of me

4. Haruhal

Haruhal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Indoor and night wear 3rd dress
    Outdoor and day wear 2nd dress

Moonpearl likes this.
  5. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    If this one time event, there is another option like renting a dress, in there you can also ask opinion and surely they know the better answer (also for gossip)

Moonpearl likes this.
  6. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    (Going to have to sleep now~! Thank you for everyone's replies. I'll read the rest/reply in the morning.)

No pictures, unfortunately - it's too late to work my camera for that.
    I have plenty of jewellery I can throw together to suit them. I have a lot of heirloom pieces from my paternal grandmother that I use for occasions like these.

Someone shared an article that said that black might be okay, actually, so I might rethink and dig out one of my better dresses. Generally we don't wear white because the bride wears white and we'll clash. Red is too eye-catching/sexy, although some people do wear it. And black is supposed to be too sombre, and a funeral colour.

I usually wrap the shawl around my lower arms just as decoration and in case it gets chilly, so it won't hide anything. I have a sheer pink one from my gran with flowers on it, and a real silk one with a dragon across the back. The dragon is definitely too much though. XD

I have long hair, down to my waist, but I'll need to keep it simple because only my mum will be able to style it. I usually just sweep the front strands back and pin them behind my head.

Afternoon and indoors, at quite a fancy place, I think.

Oh, that's interesting~! Maybe I'll reconsider black. Thank you. :)

I wanted one when I was in my weeb phase, so my parents got me one. I don't really wear it as an adult because it's embarrassing to be stared at...

Red isn't auspicious here, I don't think.

Amaruna Myu likes this.
  7. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    how bout a Mourning Black Dress?

Moonpearl likes this.
  8. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    in my country the best choose was to wear either formal suit or traditional cloth. as I'm an Indonesian, Batik is commonly right on the bat if we got hard time to choose. BTW, does your aunt family got brain washed or bribed???

Moonpearl and Haruhal like this.
  9. kimthal

kimthal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lol if ur cousin family changed so suddenly ur cousin is probably pregnant. u should wear whatever ur more comfortable in. i would still chose the second dress tho since she doesnt treat u well who cares if it has a little of white.

Moonpearl likes this.
  10. zhainan2157

zhainan2157 『Villager No.2157』『Kawaii Connoisseur』

Reading List:
    Link
    Male’s POV here:
    First dress sounds the best but if you care that much about giving face so be it.
    The second dress sounds nice but if you don’t like the white parts, maybe a light yellow see through cardigan could get rid of some of the white. Although I don’t think cardigans really suit halter neck maxi dresses but you never know, give it a try and if the colors are just right maybe it can be pulled off.
    Third dress in my opinion sounds more like business formal wear that you’d wear to an office setting and not something celebratory. But if you’d want the kind of image that says you’re going because you have to (like it’s a job to do so) you can wear that dress as a form of protest for your unwillingness.

Moonpearl likes this.
  11. Sindlor

Sindlor Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow. This is every girls problem when going to a party. I would say that even if you don't get along with your cousin anymore at least still dress to impress or at least look put together to show respect to your aunt because isn't she the reason you guys are going even tho you don't want to. When I'm picking out an outfit for party, it depends on how fancy or causal its going to be. But then again my friends and I always dress like its our party. Lol. If you don't mind me asking, what nationality are you? How traiditional is the family of the bride and the bride herself? How traditional are you parents. Just ask yourself these question . Usually if I go a older generation party, I dress a little more conservative because you know Asian people like to talk no matter what. When I go to a younger generation (around my age or younger) it is usually a little more relax, but still put together. Most importantly is that you are going to be comfortable in what you wear before you eat, after you eat, and when sitting down or standing up. If you still have more questions. Feel free to ask us. Don't stress over this so much. Your cousin will be too busy to even notice what you wore to her wedding.

Moonpearl likes this.
  12. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    That's exactly what it is. Just throw a dice and be done with it.

Moonpearl likes this.
  13. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    well. . .
    just not make sure that you out stage the bride. . ..
    and make not to sexy? for the groom may check you out. . .
    seeing that he is like that? or maybe he's just a tsundere or something. . .
    but welp. . .

Moonpearl likes this.
  14. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Believe in RNGesus

15. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    As much as Ai-chan would like to tell you to wear whatever you're comfortable with, Ai-chan would like to ask first if the wedding party has a theme. Where Ai-chan is at, western style weddings usually have a theme, where the guests may choose to participate in the theme the host chose. In some cases, this is a blessing as some people aren't as well-versed in stylish dressing and following a theme allows them to not appear awkward by blaming their sense of style on the theme of the party if they don't look as good.

But if there's no theme, just wear whatever you like. It's your stuff and your body. As long as you yourself don't appear confrontational, it should be good.

Moonpearl, Capsize and userunfriendly like this.
  16. 911

911 [Officer][Official Police][Tag me when needed]

Reading List:
    Link
    Pick what you want, don't mind it too much. Just dress nicely. Came only for tge invitations, then after that don't waste your time.

Moonpearl likes this.
  17. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    I dares ya to go....

Commando.:p

Moonpearl likes this.
  18. Haruhal

Haruhal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ikr...we dont think too much whenever we went to a wedding parry.. batik always solve it

19. Gandire Alea

Gandire Alea [Wicked Awesome Translator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Throw up the morning of the wedding. You can't go if you are sick~

Moonpearl likes this.
  20. RizYun

RizYun #Kaffee4Laifu

Reading List:
    Link
    morning sickness? preggo?