Recommendations transmigration or reincarnation into fiction

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by lamest, Jun 13, 2019.

1. lamest

lamest Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i've recently been super into stuff where the mc transmigrates/reincarnates into a novel or webtoon or anything fictional. especially if they've got decent common sense, i kill for that. my biggest requirements are:
    1. female protagonist. of course, it's usually just a gripe with the harem system and i just don't like how girls are portrayed in most male mc novels. i'll take yaoi/bl or yuri/gl, or even male mc recs if they're really that good.
    2. romance. sorry! i'm unapologetically into romance. shoujo, shoujo ai, josei, i'll take whatever has even an inkling of romantic implications.
    3. decent grammar. i'm not an english teacher, and i've suffered through editing my fair share of teenage wattpad stories, but my biggest turnoff are the obvious you're/yours, lack or excess of commas, even sentence structure is subject to my ire. no walls of text for sure, and if it's a japanese novel, my pet peeve is the weird box quotation marks.
    there's always exceptions to my requests, and anything that's an isekai/transmigration where the mc is unique in some way (god, the op male mcs are killing me though), especially if it's common sense/prior knowledge i will jump on.

for those unsure, or anyone finding this because they want a rec, here are some i liked:
    • inso's law (korean webtoon, shoujo) - female mc wakes up in a shoujo manga-y world as the heroine's friend/sidekick and has common sense. there's four chapters translated, and with my superior shoujo knowledge i have deduced that at least one of the guys fall for her. probably.
    • Scum Villain's self saving system (chinese novel, shounen ai) - male mc transmigrates into a novel as a low tier villain and tries to gain the favor of the original protagonist, whom the original owner of his body tormented. the og protag proceeds to fall in love. and hear me out; i started with mo dao zu shi and didn't realize it was gay until i got invested, and this is the author's first novel, and isn't bad.
    • why raeliana ended up at the duke's mansion (korean webtoon, shoujo) - female mc transmigrates into a novel as a character who eventually gets murdered and tries to avoid her fate by faking an engagement with the enigmatic duke, who's pretty hot and also a bit two-faced. this one is pretty good if you're looking to read through a bunch of chapters to satisfy an itch.
    • miss not-so sidekick (korean webtoon novel, shoujo) - female mc reincarnates into a novel's character and decides to befriend the heroine because she's pissed off one of the love interests. my main reason for reading is because she's got this almost shippy thing going on with one of the guys, and you know how the shoujo senses are.
    please do not rec any otome game isekais. i don't mean to sound rude or condescending, but that's my specialty, and it's likely i've read all the decent ones in that corner. feel free to ask me for some recs, it's just that i don't need any.

please feel free to rec reincarnation/transmigration/isekais in general. the only complete reincarnation novel i've finished is grabbing your hand, dragging you away, though. anyways, to wrap up,

TLDR; i want an isekai/transmigration/reincarnation of a female mc who gets a love interest, or even multiple. no otome game isekais allowed.

rero00 likes this.
  2. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Please make your reading list public.

Suddenly Became A Princess One Day - also has a manga

Side Character Transmigrations: The Final Boss is No Joke - do quick transmigration count? they go to multiple novel worlds

lamest likes this.
  3. lamest

lamest Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i made it public, though i only update that occasionally. i never realized how to, though, thank you very much. i've seen suddenly became a princess around, i might as well check it out for real. and i've read Side Character Transmigrations. i would consider that meeting my standards, but it didn't quite click with me.

thank you for the recs! i'll get right to reading the first one.

4. kuu0haku

kuu0haku [ ]

Reading List:
    Link
    Legend of Concubine's Daughter Minglan - Has an MC who has common sense in spades but the romance part starts around 100 chapters in, though MC meets the love interest a few times.

This Girl is a Little Wild (korean webtoon) - A hero(ine) is reincarnated into a girl's body due to the curse from Demon Lord, the comedy and art are excellent in my opinion.

Survive as the Hero's wife - Another webtoon but the story is quite good in my opinion.

SM3LLY and lamest like this.
  5. lamest

lamest Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh gosh, i've read all of those. concubine's daughter was an okay read for me, this girl is a little wild was fun for the first few chapters, and survive as the hero's wife i've recommended to all my friends, and i keep up with it. thank you, though, i greatly appreciate these recs!

6. kuu0haku

kuu0haku [ ]

Reading List:
    Link
  7. lamest

lamest Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh, i definitely haven't read those yet. i'll give them a try as soon as i can!

8. kuu0haku

kuu0haku [ ]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't read much of shoujo/josei so I can't recommend many of those but I am a romance fan as well so I can give some general recs if you want.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  9. lamest

lamest Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    a romance fan too, i see. i'll broaden my interests, so i hope i can keep relying on your recs!

10. Lunaleska

Lunaleska Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    For webtoons how about:
    Adelaide
    As you wish, prince
    Chitra
    Coddled princess’s second life
    Daughter of the emperor
    Doctor elise
    I belong to house castielo
    Lady baby
    The abandoned empress
    The monster duchess and contract princess
    What it takes to be a villainess

These are the ones i can think of right now.
    Hope it helps. :blobsmilehappy:

11. lamest

lamest Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you! i,, may have already read those, but i'm still very glad you recommended them!

12. Yuuasa

Yuuasa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    p sure you probs already read these novels (cuz super well known but)
    The Dreamer in the Spring Boudoir (on fuyunekos blog)
    Transmigrator Meets Reincarnator (on volarenovels)

the first one is ongoing while the second is completed. Both nicely lengthy so you can binge to your hearts content~

13. lamest

lamest Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i've read them both! i admit to having ditched dreamer in the spring boudoir because i was upset the mask guy would never have a chance, but i should probably resume reading transmigrator meets Reincarnator. thank you!

Fulminata likes this.
  14. Babinzki

Babinzki Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont really read alot of romance, but I know that qidian (yes I know...) has plenty of "high" rated romance novels as original novels. I often just skimmed the summary of them, but I recall that alot of them were transmigration/reincarnation fics. Take a look at the top 150-200-ish here: https://www.webnovel.com/ranking/power?type=2 and you will probably find something good.

And if you are talking about reincarnated into fiction as "reincarnated into anime" or something like that, then fanfiction.net is probably for you. 90% of all OC novels there are with a female protags and often feature romance as a main theme. If you like naruto I especially recommend https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7347955/1/Dreaming-of-Sunshine , not much romance though.

15. Eduarda

Eduarda Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My Disciple Died Yet Again is a novel which is really good imo. Female protag who's super badass and funny and I love her. There's romance in the later half of the novel. No harem nonsense. And the grammar of the translation is also pretty good.

It's a story of a modern woman being transmitted into a cultivation world. She tries to find out why, and what her purpose is in this world. It has all the cultivating part of it, as she grows stronger and figures out problems within the world. There's good action too, at the end of the first arc and beyond. Avoiding spoilers, she learns the truth of both this cultivation world, and her own world.

16. Yuuasa

Yuuasa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel you~ I was sad about that at first too but you sort of fall a little out of love with him as it goes. doesn't sting as much anymore, lol. yas~ you can binge straight to the finish now. hope you find some good novels!

17. lamest

lamest Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you, i'll check out that list! and as for your oc suggestion, i was actually way into the reincarnated into a fictional world thing before i moved onto reincarnation in general ^^ i love dreaming of sunshine (the romance really is low for my tastes tho) and might i recommend some? for naruto, i personally loved;
    • of the river and the sea, by aleycat4eva
    • this transient, floating world, by the-world-builder

18. lamest

lamest Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i love that one! it's soo long and i always end up rereading even tho i never finish,, it's a vicious cycle. i got to somewhere in the heaven/immortal arc, i think?

Eduarda likes this.
  19. lamest

lamest Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh, then i might as well pick it up again! i trust your judgement ^^ may the pain be little enough for me to bear

20. Haruhal

Haruhal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Specific transmigration or reincarnation into fiction yes? Then try:
    Adelaide (manhwa- try mangadex. Transmigration. She transmigrates into another world, her opponent till latest translated chp was a so-called-supposed-to-be-saint-from-another-world but in actuality that Saint was a scandalous actress from her modern world)
    Doctor Elise (Transmigrated + Reincarnation, its manhwa is more fastpaced in translation)
    Lady's Baby (manhwa-mangadex, Reincarnation)
    Return of Female Knight (Novel, Reincarnation)
    Survive as the hero's wife (Manhwa, Transmigration)
    I’m Only a Stepmother, but My Daughter is Just so Cute! (Novel, Transmigration. Suuuper slow paced romance but the mother daughter part is cute)
    Lucia (Novel, Reincarnation)
    They Say I was Born a King's Daughter (Manhwa, Transmigration)
    This Time I Will Definitely Be Happy (Novel,Manga. Reincarnation. I MTLed it amd conclude,IT'S DARK,but good)
    What Kind of Empress Is This (Manhwa. Transmigration)

It's neither transmigration nor reincarnation but it's good, Light and Shadow (have both manhwa and novel)
    Sorry if they're mostly manhwa

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019