Recommendations Underestimated Protagonist who turns it around

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by NoobElite, Jun 11, 2019.

1. NoobElite

NoobElite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are a lot of these kind of novels.

You have some underestimated protagonist or someone who appears to have some garbage skill that is in reality super op or some guy from normal birth who is the best thing since sliced bread but some nobles try everything they can to mess with him since they are inferior.

One prime example is Ex Strongest Swordsman Longs For Magic In Different World. Correct me if I am wrong but the MC there is like
    I was the super swordsman in my previous life and killed the freaking dragon that reincarnated me into a world with magic since I wanted that but since I was too op as a swordsman and the dragon I killed also kinda gave me a super buff the only skill I got is something the idiots in the new world can't understand so it has to be trash in their eyes. But I am freaking op as hell I can win against every super skill holder but my family never was interested in what my skill is and simply kicked me into a mansion near the woods where I am seen by like no one but it is ok since I want to learn magic in peace either way.
    one of those ppl who react to emotional abuse and being called trash etc in a positive way since they get peace.

But I really want to read a story where the MC does not shrug all that treatment of like some sage but gets really hurt by it trains his ass off to become really op or straight up leaves to do all that somewhere else and then rubs it all over their faces on a later occasion like: "I would have been a member of your family / country / group but you kicked me out for "insert random person they preferred over him"" or joins another group and then meets the ones who mocked him on some battlefield or some diplomatic mission where he is a big shot in the new area and he rubs in their faces then.

I DO NOT want a cringy "the world hates me so I will hate the world and kill everything" story.
    I want a story where the MC does not take all that bullshit and then comes back as something the others can't even compare to if they wanted.

I also am aware that like every single Xianxia novel has this kind of trop n - times so I am not NOT LOOKING for one of those but preferably a Japanese or Korean story.

tl;dr:
    NO Xianxia
    NO super cringefest with some edgy MC
    Some MC who really turns all that abuse around and shows them who is boss

2. xtremeloldude

xtremeloldude the slime guy

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmmm it seems like " The healer banished from the party, in fact, is the strongest " but idk if he's going to throw it in their faces yet cuz the story (/translation) isn't that far yet

mystichead likes this.
  3. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    Dragon Poor ... somehow ... a bit ... kind of ... maybe ... a possibility ...

When A Mage Revolts ... me thinks

4. onnyfp

onnyfp Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sevens. JP novel. Basically a clueless young noble kicked from his household because his family strangely favors his monstrously talented but cruel sister. So he just set out to make a living in the world. He gets a blue gem that contains 7 of his ancestors memory that will teach him skills and wisdoms.
    Great worldbuilding. Great character development. A very realistic harem. The girls actually have personality and not just a trophy that constantly falls upon the mc. They actually have many interactions and conflicts with each other and will grow together.
    WN is finished. The LN is 8 volume so far.

5. Drunk2nLink

Drunk2nLink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I know World Teacher (WN) is like that, but it's not the main focus of the story, but it's more not him getting hurt by the individual, but more getting hurt by the individual making fun of the one who raises him

6. LordRikudo

LordRikudo 【Master of YEET】

Reading List:
    Link
    My Wife is a Beautiful CEO
    It's modern time cultivation-ish novel. The MC was really OP, and didn't refrain himself from using his power to face slap those who look down/hindered him. It has harem tho

7. NoobElite

NoobElite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The healer banished from the party, in fact, is the strongest:
    I do not really like any kind of healer stories so I did not look at it yet.

When A Mage Revolts:
    I read the first few chapters and really really hated them seemed like a very bad Warlock of the Magus World ripoff.

Sevens:
    Already read that one and it was ok.

World Teacher:
    That is exactly one of the stories I do not like since he is fine with hearing all that BS because he was like 80 in his previous life and only gets pissed off when his students get shit but not himself.
    Since he could have very simply killed that asshole teacher in the very beginning of school arc since he was a spy / assassin and he would have never been caught since no evidence and also would not have played loser in that one arena match.

My Wife is a Beautiful CEO:
    I do not like since he is a Mary Sue. Super smart, handsome, speaks n-languages, rich, perfect wife, he probably could forget a peach on the table for to long and find the cure to aids in the mold covering it. (plot armor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mary Sue)

8. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    You're asking for something awfully specific, I don't think you'll find it. I agree about the Sevens, it's overrated so I dropped it early on.
    Maybe you could find something where the MC plays the fool while manipulating everyone, though nothing comes to mind but that Joker from DMC3 but he wasn't the MC nor is that a novel.