LCD Cultivation Chat Group

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by CloudySkySadMoon, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Z__SKULL

Z__SKULL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well I'd argue what your referencing is an adversary and not necessarily an enemy. And I did say earlier that what I meant when I said enemy was my take on it. nowhere did I say or imply my take on it was the correct or only way.

Look i understand and also agree with your point of veiw not trying to say your wrong and only im right but from the context of Chinese web novels I dont think "Enemies" should be immune to breaking of taboos especially when the basic concept of these types of novels for the most part boil to beating the shit out of people and or killing them. Its just asinine that the protagonists have to follow rules while the antagonists can do anything with seemingly no Consequences.

I think i expressed my original intent rather poorly i implied mortal enemy and all this was under the condition of an enemy the was at the extreme spectrum of it and all my posts reflected that. Apologies for the poor representation of that

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  2. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is not "protagonists" that have to follow the rules of society, it is literally everyone. Not following the rules of society gets society to shun you. Sometimes protagonists violate those rules, sometimes NPCs do, either case there are consequences to doing so.

And in the context of chinese novels you are full of shit. They are chock full of cases where the protagonist is hiding behind the rules of society so that his enemies won't kill him.

And again, your problem is that you are redefining the word enemy, then falsely applying that definition to characters that explicitly do not use your modified version. When characters in xianxia stories use the word enemy they mean "someone I want to kill" not "someone who I would sacrifice anything to defeat, including my reputation"

3. Z__SKULL

Reading List:
    Link
    all right, I'm done. I give up . Your right. Apparently it not possible for two people to read and or experience the same thing and come to different conclusions/ opinions.

Bottem line is an enemy implies a theat and i think theats should be dealt with by any means. Thats not to imply you should go nuclear as the first option but neither should that option not ever not be considered

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  4. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Defining a word is not an opinion. And the problem is that you are not acknoledging that characters in a story do not share your definition. When an author writes "X is Y's enemy" he is not using your made up definition. And you are refusing to acknowledge that.

Especially in light of the specific example of Yellow Mountain from the story called CCG. He absolutely does not share your definition of the word enemy. To him it does not mean "someone who I would sacrifice anything to kill"

5. Z__SKULL

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow.look i clarified my original intent a couple posts up at #1341 last paragraph. so now you are strawmaning and trying to argue about somthing that was never my original intention. Also yellow mountain Shouldn't even been related to our conversation hence post 1330 and #1331 those posts should have made it abundantly clear that i didn't considered him enemies with the other character

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  6. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Discuss novels, not make wars...

This has got to be the funniest novel I've read around here, discussing too deep on this novel is like trying to win a helicopter race with a magic sword....

Or was it the other way around?

7. Z__SKULL

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup definitely a funny novel and hey put a sword on the tip of the canopy and you'll have the best of both worlds

justmehere likes this.
  8. jbturkle

jbturkle Fruit

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely one of my favorite lines.

justmehere and canaria23 like this.
  9. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is he waiting? Why not purify everything from the entrance? It's not like the lotus can't reach.

Avenger and mrttao like this.
  10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how he'll get the right eye from Lady Onion.

mrttao likes this.
  11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    rofl XD

Also lol at the "exciting" new hobby Senior White got added to the movie for Thrice Reckless to experience ;)

S4TY4 likes this.
  12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm half expecting him to disguise himself as his opponent.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm somewhat surprised that he didn't try to get the pig to attack Northern River.

14. Captain_Ironfoundersson

Captain_Ironfoundersson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would he do that?

Although both of them are enemies, but they are still friends. The battle between them are just a friendly squabble, not a death match.

Moreover, a Ninth Stage wouldn't involves itself in a petty quarrel between juniors.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Never said kill Northern River, just beat up. Also, if the pig cared about that, he probably wouldn't be flirting so shamelessly.

16. Captain_Ironfoundersson

Reading List:
    Link
    And I also never said about killing North River.

And a Ninth Stage beating a newly promoted Sixth Stage is out of question. Its not something a Ninth Stage will do. They don't involve themselves in petty squabbles, especially among juniors.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    You did actually.
    Kidnapping one to force them to marry you and have kids with you is also something that is frowned on to an even greater degree, yet the pig had no problem doing so. There are no limits on what a strong cultivator can or can't do, only what they will or won't do. Well, not unless someone stronger cares enough to do something, which was clearly not going to be the case here.

mrttao likes this.
  18. Captain_Ironfoundersson

Reading List:
    Link
    Again, you are missing the point.

First, I was asking why would Copper Trigram asking that pig to hit North River?

The rivalry between Copper Trigram and North River is just a petty squabling between the two of them. They didn't go at length to defeat each other, and winning or losing doesn't means much.

Now, tell me, why would Copper Trigram asks that pig to hit North River?

Second, why would Copper Trigram ask his kidnapper to do something for him?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    They both put quite a lot of effort into that fight, especially Copper Triagram. Still, it was an idle wondering and I really don't feel like debating over it. You want to believe that its something Copper Triagram wouldn't do, even when he actually did it, then you go right ahead. I don't care enough to argue about it.

20. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is not a rule, it is a suggestion. We have seen plenty of examples of people ignoring this rule in the past.
    The righteous dao are less likely to outright kill someone of lower realm, but very often have they beaten them up as punishment for seeking death.