Custom release?

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by mrducky, Jun 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. mrducky

mrducky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes there is webnovel and light novel version of a series but there are only releases for webnovel. Is it possible to track in terms of light novel volume instead?

For example Didn't I say to make my abilities average in the next life LN volume 1 ends in somewhere near chapter 35 of webnovel but there are differences to webnovel.

2. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe you can do it in NU from what I've inferred from your text.

3. mrducky

Reading List:
    Link
    I could add release but there is no link to release.

4. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Just to point out, most releases here are webnovels. Its rarely to see the LN being translated because those are either being translated by english publishers or theres only hard copy of the novel, meaning translator needs to buy the hard copy before translating. So if theres no translator then theres no releases here.

Also LN's are landmine of DMCA's.

5. mrducky

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand, just thinking if there is a way to track them in reading list.

6. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    novels usually have two separate NU pages, one for the LN and another for the WN, so for all intents and purposes they're treated as completely different novels and tracking one of them won't make you track the other.

So honestly I don't really get the question, just go to the LN/WN page and add it to your reading list and there should be 0 problems.

The only issue I could see happening is when the translator switches from the WN to LN (or vice versa) like with New Gate, first two volumes are translated from the WN then the rest are LN, but it's all still on the same NU page iirc.

7. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    As said by the guy above me(Astaroth), add both the LN and WN in your reading list.

Btw, make my abilities average only have the wn listed in NU so you cant follow the LN if theres no LN releases. NU only listing translated chapters posted and not non translated chapters. So no releases means impossible to track.

mrducky likes this.